DHS Permits

djkidkaz

Ascot drive would make sense since its Toy Story related.
image.jpeg

WDWs4Life

A new permit was filed today for "DHS BOH -Site Prep Package". The general contractor on the permit is Whiting-Turner who has done a lot of project for Disney including the Frozen ride/M&G at Epcot and the TSMM third track. The permit all the other contractors on the project. The architect is Helman, Hurley, Chavat, Peacock Architects who are currently doing the new restaurant going into the Pizza Planet location. In the past they have did the American Adventure attraction in Epcot as well as quite a few non-Disney projects. Also listed are contractors for concrete, fire protection, electrical, steel, mechanical, plumbing, civil design, site work, landscape, hardscape, framing and drywall, otherwise everything needed for a large expansion. The site work contractor is Hubbard who we have seen on all the permits so far, so it appears that actual construction is being turned over to Whiting-Turner.

With all that said, there are two strange things about this permit. First, the addresses is listed as "800 Ascot Drive, Bay Lake, FL". I have no record of Disney using this address and a search doesn't turn up an Ascot Drive anywhere near WDW. It's possible this is a mistake, but either way we have no way of knowing if this permit is for SWL or TSL. The second strange thing is the expiration date of 9/30/2016. Even the most optimistic among us knows that nothing of significance will be finished by that date, especially when you consider all the contractors on the permit. I can only conclude that this is either a mistake, or this is just the first permit for one of the lands so they just listed everyone involved with the larger project.

Could the fact that it expires in September be for the demolition/teardown/remodel permit to clear the area prior to the start of construction? TO start to make the dimensions and everything for the rides planning all the street names.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Could the fact that it expires in September be for the demolition/teardown/remodel permit to clear the area prior to the start of construction? TO start to make the dimensions and everything for the rides planning all the street names.

We have already seen a number of demolition and site work permits, and it appears that everything that needs to come down for TSL has already been removed, although this could still be one more phase of perp, just under a different contractor.

Last edited:

tlking88

Gotcha! Thanks for that. Wasn't sure. Who knows. With how Walt acquired the land he needed it wouldn't surprise me if things were kept secret or confusing for all of us since it's another major construction. Or who knows m.

MagicHappens1971

Gotcha! Thanks for that. Wasn't sure. Who knows. With how Walt acquired the land he needed it wouldn't surprise me if things were kept secret or confusing for all of us since it's another major construction. Or who knows m.
I think the need for Walt to acquire the land quietly and secretly, and building a publicly announced project that is monitored by the people on the forums are two completely different things.

HauntedMansionFLA

Old Mouseketeer

New permit, the address put's it somewhere back near where Cat Canyon was. I did a little digging and it appears that "pargo" is a term that is used around Disney to mean golf cart since Pargo used to be a company that made golf carts.

465 Cypress Dr - DHS Back of House Pargo Build Back Area Development

The use of the term "Pargo" goes back even further. Back in the early days of WDW (Early 1970s) all electric carts running through MK tunnels ("Utilidors--a term not often used by CMs) were commonly called Pargos. Back then the only combustion-engine vehicle allowed in the tunnels was the Brinks truck going to Cash Control under the castle. A common joke referred to having "Pargo Races" through the tunnels, especially after the tunnel ring was completed around early 1975. Don't know if this ever happened, but it was an appealing idea.

Next Big Thing

The use of the term "Pargo" goes back even further. Back in the early days of WDW (Early 1970s) all electric carts running through MK tunnels ("Utilidors--a term not often used by CMs) were commonly called Pargos. Back then the only combustion-engine vehicle allowed in the tunnels was the Brinks truck going to Cash Control under the castle. A common joke referred to having "Pargo Races" through the tunnels, especially after the tunnel ring was completed around early 1975. Don't know if this ever happened, but it was an appealing idea.
Pargo races are certainly not something that anyone could even try, let alone get away with these days. There's just far too many people down there. It's like a small city.

roj2323

Pargo races are certainly not something that anyone could even try, let alone get away with these days. There's just far too many people down there. It's like a small city.

lol they deffinetly do "race" the pargos but it's fairly informal and in my experience it was the High School Musical entertainment cast coming back from a show and headed to their break room behind Mama melrose/Pizza Planet.

Next Big Thing

lol they deffinetly do "race" the pargos but it's fairly informal and in my experience it was the High School Musical entertainment cast coming back from a show and headed to their break room behind Mama melrose/Pizza Planet.
Well that's what I mean. Yes you can get through with them fast, but it's not what i'd consider "racing". The walkways are barely (if at all) wide enough for side-by-side pargos at once (safely).

Next Big Thing

Perhaps safely isn't part of the scenario!
lol, my point is i've worked in MK, meaning being down there everyday during that time. At one time maybe there was room, but there's not only a ton of people down there now, but lots of stock waiting to be brought up to the stores, restaurants, etc. It's hard to go too fast down there these days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom