DHS Permits

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Isn't that kinda far away from where the construction is going on to be a staging area?

They don't have a lot of other choices in that area without going into wetlands. I also expect that this is going to get the most use for the road projects, and a lot of staging will happen on site for SWL and TSL in the early phases of construction. The laydown area for Disney Springs is by Typhoon Lagoon, but they used the area that is becoming the new bus loop for staging through a lot of the project.

HauntedMansionFLA

A permit was filed with the South Florida Water Management District for DHS-BOH Construction Laydown Yard which is another name for a staging area. This is where the construction trailers and contractor parking will go. The proposed schedule is to start construction in July/August 2016 and complete by October 2016. The permit says this area will be used by "three separate project teams", so this is probably some combination of TSL, SWL, the new retention pond and parking changes, and/or the new entrance road.

View attachment 139556
Thank you for the updates. I guess this gives us an idea that things start up perhaps in July. In the meantime, I assume they are busy clearing out / demoing whatever needs to go in those areas and doing other prep work.

roj2323

Isn't that kinda far away from where the construction is going on to be a staging area?
It will be plenty close for what it's being used for. The idea behind this (other than parking for the hundreds of workers) is to stock pile major components until everything is on site. Essentially what this does is save time as they can for example start bringing in all of the steel building skeleton components and pile them up in the yard while the foundations are being poured. Once all of the steel for a project is at the staging site they can quickly transport just the components they need to the job site which saves space and allows more work to be done in a smaller area. This staging yard will be used in this fashion for quite a bit of the project. It will only be during the final stages that the lot will be used primarily for parking and quite honestly if you want to know what's going on on site you can look at the materials stockpiled in the staging yard and get a darn good idea of where they are in the project and what will be next.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
For new permits today for Hubbard Construction. DHS addresses are pretty tricky so I am not 100% sure where these are.

The first two are for demo and then construction in the same area. This might be the Back Lot Tour water tank area.

540 Stage Lane - DHS Back of House Package D1.06 Demolition

540 Stage Lane - DHS Back of House Package D1.06 Area Development

This might by Honey I Shrunk the Kids

371 Cypress Dr and 373 Cypress Dr - DHS Back of House Demolition Package 1.13

Based on previous permits I think this last one is where I have indicated in red.

555 Cypress Dr - DHS Back of House Package D1.03 North Wellhead Removal

Capture.JPG

YodaMan

Construction on the "construction access road" will likely start very soon. All the flags for the road are in place, and when coming in to Studios through the main entrance they have signs up that say "Left Lane Closed Ahead" and then the merge symbol (although both signs are currently covered).

deere839

Construction on the "construction access road" will likely start very soon. All the flags for the road are in place, and when coming in to Studios through the main entrance they have signs up that say "Left Lane Closed Ahead" and then the merge symbol (although both signs are currently covered).
i heard theres land clearing near the tolls entrance for trees through screamscape

roj2323

so most likely moving the tolls if im correct

Well technically you are correct but the tolls are not being moved to this spot they are clearing. The tolls are being relocated to the far end of the parking lot and the new park entrance will be from over by ESPN.

capture-jpg.129835

the coma shaped piece on the far left of the photo. The new entry road is also depicted just below it.

jt04

Well technically you are correct but the tolls are not being moved to this spot they are clearing. The tolls are being relocated to the far end of the parking lot and the new park entrance will be from over by ESPN.

capture-jpg.129835

the coma shaped piece on the far left of the photo. The new entry road is also depicted just below it.

capture-jpg.129835

I agree with another poster that those yellow areas to the right look like land for ramps to garages. And those parallel black lines may be a rough outline for the garages. Possibly runoff pipes.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I agree with another poster that those yellow areas to the right look like land for ramps to garages. And those parallel black lines may be a rough outline for the garages. Possibly runoff pipes.

Having looked at the full resolution images in the actual documents it's clear that there is nothing marked on the plans indicating garage strucutres or ramps. I am not sure which lines you are referring to but most of the parallel lines are just shading of various areas on the map. The darker black lines in the parking area are on the existing water features and probably indicate depth.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

capture-jpg.129835

Did something get cut off in your message? I am not sure what you were trying to say with "the coma shaped piece on the far left of the photo."?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
So with just that entrance road (which i'm sure can be rerouted) in the way, is there any way some of that land gets used for park use going forward?

The entrance road from the south will most likely go away when the new entrance road is build. In theory they could expand the park into that area, but the permits say it will be used for parking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom