DHS Permits

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I just had a look at the original permits, the new pond is going to be huge and displace a lot of soil/dirt. I wonder if they have plans for what is displaced for something other than filling in the current pond hence the conveyor.

Yeah, the engineering report says that the pond could be up to 30ft deep, that will be a lot of fill. I doesn't appear that they are going to fill in the pond.

halltd

The conveyor makes a lot of sense because the only way they could get trucks to where the fill has to go would be through the existing entrance road which would be very disruptive to guest traffic.
Seeing that no one uses that entrance, they would've been fine. :)

roj2323

Cross posting this here since the original thread about the permit is still in the main forum...

Disney has filed with the South Florida Water Management District for a modification to this permit. The changes include small reconfigurations of the Osceola Parkway ramp and the access road. The modification also adds a temporary conveyor belt that will be used to carry dirt from the excavation of the new retention pond over to the park where it will be used for fill. I guess they decided that this would be more efficient then trying to move it with trucks.

The modification to the Osceola ramp is interesting because it shows what appears to be the start of an extension all the way to World Drive. Maybe this will become the new Osceola to World Drive ramp when all the work is done.

capture-jpg.134186

Drove through this entry today and saw a lot of grading flags had been put in the ground. No earth moving yet but I'd say it won't be long now before they start. A couple of weeks perhaps.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
There was a permit filed today with the description "DHS Back of House Demolition Package 1.10" with an address of 396 Cypress Dr. I have seen that address connected to LMA before, but since it says Back of House it might be for something else in that area. Same contractor as the other site prep work.

roj2323

There was a permit filed today with the description "DHS Back of House Demolition Package 1.10" with an address of 396 Cypress Dr. I have seen that address connected to LMA before, but since it says Back of House it might be for something else in that area. Same contractor as the other site prep work.
Could be the practice parking lot.

dstrawn9889

There was another demolition permit today with the description "DHS Back of House Demolition Package 1.09". The address, 450 Cypress, is that addresses used for Catastrophe Canyon. The previous permit for this area was package 1.08.
did they pull all the pit linings out yet? perhaps that demo work is a bit more specialized?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
A permit was filed with the South Florida Water Management District for DHS-BOH Construction Laydown Yard which is another name for a staging area. This is where the construction trailers and contractor parking will go. The proposed schedule is to start construction in July/August 2016 and complete by October 2016. The permit says this area will be used by "three separate project teams", so this is probably some combination of TSL, SWL, the new retention pond and parking changes, and/or the new entrance road.

Capture.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom