DHS Permits

Goofyernmost

lol, my point is i've worked in MK, meaning being down there everyday during that time. At one time maybe there was room, but there's not only a ton of people down there now, but lots of stock waiting to be brought up to the stores, restaurants, etc. It's hard to go too fast down there these days.
I've been down there as will, but, as a dumb tourist and from what I could see it was pretty tight. I'm not sure, knowing people in general, that it would be hard to go to fast, however, easy to not do it safely. ;):)

Next Big Thing

I've been down there as will, but, as a dumb tourist and from what I could see it was pretty tight. I'm not sure, knowing people in general, that it would be hard to go to fast, however, easy to not do it safely. ;):)
Most people would be scared to even try. The more experienced workers may be willing to give it a go though. ;)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
New permit today...

501 Cypress Dr - DHS Back of House - Well 2A Area Development

Based on previous permits I believe the what I have circled in blue is well 2A. It's interesting to note that back in early 2015 Disney filed a permit to move this well and another one backstage closer to World Drive, but about a month later withdrew the permit.

upload_2016-7-14_20-28-44.png

Goofyernmost

Very easy must have a excavator remove the bucket and attach a hammer to it like this. it can take out any type of concrete/pavement in its path even building
Caterpillar-with-Hydro-Ram-53.jpg
And if it is just concrete that is how it can be done, however, add steel support beams, rebar and assorted other metal objects and that machine will be biting off more then it can chew.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
And if it is just concrete that is how it can be done, however, add steel support beams, rebar and assorted other metal objects and that machine will be biting off more then it can chew.

A combination of one of those and a demolition sheer should be able to take down the concrete part. The question is how the roof will come down. I don't know if a demolition sheer can reach that height, so if not they may need to cut it apart piece by piece.

Goofyernmost

A combination of one of those and a demolition sheer should be able to take down the concrete part. The question is how the roof will come down. I don't know if a demolition sheer can reach that height, so if not they may need to cut it apart piece by piece.
Yup, the roof is the tricky part. The demolition sheer can, at least, take small bites out and do the least amount of damage. That roof is quite high. If it can't reach it will probably have to be done via torches and cranes. It should be nothing but metal up there. Either way, it needs a lot of planning and engineering to safely do it. So many people think you just take a hack saw and let her fall. OSHA frowns on that type of operation. :D Just think about the production to take the hat down and that wasn't anywhere near as tall or big.

deere839

Just have a long arm similar to this they make them even bigger if necessary
pl9252699-pc_450_lc_three_segments_long_arm_equip_high_reach_demolition_device.jpg

Variable

I've done this kind of work. There's more than one way to skin a cat. Equipment used will also depend on what the final disposition of the material is: how much recycling/separating they need to do, or want to do. - And some part of that separation might occur elsewhere.

Overall this is an easy straightforward job once you get started.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom