DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

wannabeBelle

Yeah, its the NYE show.
Hopefully they will think that the band should be playing that night too, as opposed to the recorded version that they played on the 4th of July this year. I was so glad I hadn't made any plans to come down. I love these shows but without a live band, I could get the same effect sitting home on my couch watching TV. Not exactly what I was looking for, know what I mean?? Marie

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Hopefully they will think that the band should be playing that night too, as opposed to the recorded version that they played on the 4th of July this year. I was so glad I hadn't made any plans to come down. I love these shows but without a live band, I could get the same effect sitting home on my couch watching TV. Not exactly what I was looking for, know what I mean?? Marie

This years July 4th show? Should have been the same as last year's and the year we shot the video for martin....

I think if you compare the video from this year from Steve with last years and Martins from 2013, its all the same audio....

A live band would be cool but this is Disney. They're not going to pay for that. Its not DC or Philly or Boston.....

ToTBellHop

This years July 4th show? Should have been the same as last year's and the year we shot the video for martin....

I think if you compare the video from this year from Steve with last years and Martins from 2013, its all the same audio....

A live band would be cool but this is Disney. They're not going to pay for that. Its not DC or Philly or Boston.....
Isn't it just DHS that does the live music (which seems pretty cool--but not cool enough to get me into a park on 7/4 or 12/31).

wannabeBelle

Yes I saw a post from DJ Elliott on Facebook that the Mulch guys wouldn't be playing live but they were recorded and those tracks would be played so it was like they are there or words to the effect. NOT!!!!!! I have seen Mulch playing live for the past 2 years on 4th of July and they were playing for a few years before that I believe. I saw Mulch for New Years in 2011 and have seen video for almost every year after that. I am sure they played a few years before that as well. It is a little crazy in terms of crowds but the energy is amazing!!! I am considering NYE for this year, I hope that the decision is made to have the guys back in person, Memorex is just not the same!!!! Check out the videos on the facebook page for the guys under Mulch, Sweat & Shears, This was taken from NYE 2014/2015. Marie

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Yes I saw a post from DJ Elliott on Facebook that the Mulch guys wouldn't be playing live but they were recorded and those tracks would be played so it was like they are there or words to the effect. NOT!!!!!! I have seen Mulch playing live for the past 2 years on 4th of July and they were playing for a few years before that I believe. I saw Mulch for New Years in 2011 and have seen video for almost every year after that. I am sure they played a few years before that as well. It is a little crazy in terms of crowds but the energy is amazing!!! I am considering NYE for this year, I hope that the decision is made to have the guys back in person, Memorex is just not the same!!!! Check out the videos on the facebook page for the guys under Mulch, Sweat & Shears, This was taken from NYE 2014/2015. Marie

Hold up. Are we talking DHS or MK? Because I thought Fantasy in the Sky was an MK show while Sorcery in the Sky was the Studios show?

wannabeBelle

Hold up. Are we talking DHS or MK? Because I thought Fantasy in the Sky was an MK show while Sorcery in the Sky was the Studios show?
I think you are absolutely correct. I'm not sure if the show over the last few big holidays was the same show as Sorcery in the Sky but the fireworks synched to a live band was cool as all get out. Ill see what I can dig up on Youtube later that shows both the band and the fireworks and post it here. Maybe someone who is more familiar with the pyrotechnics than I am can positively confirm which show it was or if it was something completely different? Marie

SparerCascade

I think someone had asked this earlier, but I didn't find a response:

The $350 million-ish for Epcot can't simply be for an illuminations overhaul/replacement, but have there been any rumors out there that have carried any weight?

SparerCascade

There will be more.... We just haven't heard anything else

Interesting, thanks!

You mentioned a number of insiders in your original post, and I was wondering if they have knowledge specific to a park or simply knowledge about all things Disney? I'm relatively new to the forums here, so was just a little curious. Any info or direction to an old forum page with that info would be great.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Interesting, thanks!

You mentioned a number of insiders in your original post, and I was wondering if they have knowledge specific to a park or simply knowledge about all things Disney? I'm relatively new to the forums here, so was just a little curious. Any info or direction to an old forum page with that info would be great.

Nah, just people who know things about what goes on....

Just look around, you'll figure out who is who. However an invaluable resource is @danlb_2000's permitting thread....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom