DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

ToTBellHop

announcement is COMING WHEN? this month? next month? and once it is "announced" how soon will something be started ? finally.. when , When WHEN will we actually ride a ride especially since HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS is running on half power with the amount of rides/ attractions closed.. basically are they going to sell us going to Hollywood Studios for the next 5 years with only half a park being open? ( do we get to pay for only half the price? )
basically is this going to be another Guernsey Project. .where they will milk this like they did for three years to do two small rides in MK..? Just remember that Both Epcot and MK were built in less time then the Last MK project.. and the Avatar project..
Likely D23 next month.

Captain Neo

announcement is COMING WHEN? this month? next month? and once it is "announced" how soon will something be started ? finally.. when , When WHEN will we actually ride a ride especially since HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS is running on half power with the amount of rides/ attractions closed.. basically are they going to sell us going to Hollywood Studios for the next 5 years with only half a park being open? ( do we get to pay for only half the price? )
basically is this going to be another Guernsey Project. .where they will milk this like they did for three years to do two small rides in MK..? Just remember that Both Epcot and MK were built in less time then the Last MK project.. and the Avatar project..

SOMETHING will be announced at D23 in the middle of August. Just a little over a month away!

PhotoDave219

Original Poster

I think @1023 suggested that we would get a palatable presentation (his words, not mine) at D23. @JediMasterMatt has suggested that we will get lip service and no details on Star Wars for DHS. @WDW1974 says we'll get details on rebranding.

What I've come to conclude is a multi-phase project spread over 3-5 years.

As for those justifications as to keeping open half a park for $100/day? They're not going to close it and they're not going to drop prices.

We've had discussions about why they take their time and why they spread CapEx over lots of fiscal years - Wall Street. It doesn't excuse it, but it's a different economic climate today. Also, building Epcot nearly killed the company, lead to Greenmail and the eventual change in leadership that brought in Eisner & Wells.

And it makes me disappointed But I've waited 38 years for Star Wars Land, I can keep waiting a few more to have it done right.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Can you add the yeti being fixed at animal kingdom after avatar opens. In the just talked about but no confirmation area.

When That's actually rumored to be budgeted or more than a 10 second fan interaction with Joe Rhode, than yes.

However I have zero indication that it's going to happen, especially with DAK not slated to get any of the CapEx budgeted for these projects.

Edit: I'm trying to control rumors, not start new ones.

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Looks like I timed it right if Mama is going to close as I will be going there as part of the Fantasmic package, DHS looks to be heading to a massive upheaval though I wonder just how much stuff is actually safe ?

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I think @1023 suggested that we would get a palatable presentation (his words, not mine) at D23. @JediMasterMatt has suggested that we will get lip service and no details on Star Wars for DHS. @WDW1974 says we'll get details on rebranding.

As for those justifications as to keeping open half a park for $100/day? They're not going to close it and they're not going to drop prices.

We've had discussions about why they take their time and why they spread CapEx over lots of fiscal years - Wall Street. It doesn't excuse it, but it's a different economic climate today. Also, building Epcot nearly killed the company, lead to Greenmail and the eventual change in leadership that brought in Eisner & Wells.

And it makes me disappointed But I've waited 38 years for Star Wars Land, I can keep waiting a few more to have it done right.

Well, to be fair (though I don't want to be) it's not really $100 a day for most people, it's part of multi-day park tickets and I bet most guests park hop anyway.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Looks like I timed it right if Mama is going to close as I will be going there as part of the Fantasmic package, DHS looks to be heading to a massive upheaval though I wonder just how much stuff is actually safe ?

I honestly have no idea. Gut feeling says that nothing is safe on that side of the park.

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
It is also going to be interesting to see what becomes of the whole Animation area, ripped out or gutted and redone into something else ? It is a pretty large plot of land for something to go there.

SoupBone

I honestly have no idea. Gut feeling says that nothing is safe on that side of the park.

So what happens if this big announcement comes next month, and MGM is getting a huge facelift? I'm curious if it's going to be a timed closure for several attractions over months, or just one big closure?

Magenta Panther

I totally don't believe they'll touch the Tower of Terror. It's just too good an attraction, a crown jewel, one of a kind. I'm sure it's safe.

Rockin' Roller Coaster is probably safe too. Don't know why'd they'd get rid of it. It's a good coaster and well-themed (for DHS, anyway).

As for Mama Melrose, it's always been kind of an anomaly anyway. Wasn't it supposed to be called "Annette's", in honor of Annette Funicello? Anyway, I ate there once, had the flatbread. I honestly wasn't impressed. A real Pizza Planet eatery would be nice in its place.

ULPO46

DHS Animation Courtyard is prime real estate yet everything is built already. I wouldnt think that Disney would flatten AC to add anything big. They want to keep things under or within budget if they want to expand backlot area. So my thoughts are Animation Courtyard will be rethemed a Pixar Studio area still have meets and greets maybe within the very building have a small pixar attraction. Dont really see anything major happening there. As for backlot wow there's changes. I haven't seen anyone talk that Lights Camera Action will be removed. As of yet nothing has been announced but depending ob whate ever will be announced for the expansion, LCA may be dhut down and the real estate used for a high end attraction/ possible star wars area. Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular will stay as will star tours but surrounding area will become Lucas Arts themed. The progression will be impressive thus why echo lake has been slated. As for Sounds Dangerous/ American Idol studio have not heard what will be done. May get demolished and have real radio station relocated or simply booted out.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
DHS Animation Courtyard is prime real estate yet everything is built already. I wouldnt think that Disney would flatten AC to add anything big. They want to keep things under or within budget if they want to expand backlot area. So my thoughts are Animation Courtyard will be rethemed a Pixar Studio area still have meets and greets maybe within the very building have a small pixar attraction. Dont really see anything major happening there. As for backlot wow there's changes. I haven't seen anyone talk that Lights Camera Action will be removed. As of yet nothing has been announced but depending ob whate ever will be announced for the expansion, LCA may be dhut down and the real estate used for a high end attraction/ possible star wars area. Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular will stay as will star tours but surrounding area will become Lucas Arts themed. The progression will be impressive thus why echo lake has been slated. As for Sounds Dangerous/ American Idol studio have not heard what will be done. May get demolished and have real radio station relocated or simply booted out.

Not to discount some of your hard work, but that whole Star Wars stuff sounds pretty close to the old plans that were shot down by the board.

Remember, we're talking a huge budget even if you take out $1B for infrastructure.

bjlc57

well the DIsney company has more money then they know what to do with.. they could easily build these attractions within a year and not put themselves in any financial danger.. not since buying Marvel and the money pouring in from all the Marvel movies alone.. and I mean POURING IN.. they don't even count it, they just weigh it.. so there is NO GOOD REASON for them to spread this out and milk this AGAIN.. we have been through the MILKING STAGE the last 6 years.. its time for the DOING STAGE.. the ACTION STAGE.

roj2323

How can they announce the new Star Wars projects without spoiling the upcoming films?
They can generalize.

The land will cover this area, include this many attractions/rides and have this XYZ technolgy incorporated into it. We will release more details after the movie is released but we expect to begin work on the project on XYZ date. In the mean time we are also going to be building a huge expansion the the Pixar area and here's some awesome visuals and details...........

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom