DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

JimboJones123

Yes I saw a post from DJ Elliott on Facebook that the Mulch guys wouldn't be playing live but they were recorded and those tracks would be played so it was like they are there or words to the effect. NOT!!!!!! I have seen Mulch playing live for the past 2 years on 4th of July and they were playing for a few years before that I believe. I saw Mulch for New Years in 2011 and have seen video for almost every year after that. I am sure they played a few years before that as well. It is a little crazy in terms of crowds but the energy is amazing!!! I am considering NYE for this year, I hope that the decision is made to have the guys back in person, Memorex is just not the same!!!! Check out the videos on the facebook page for the guys under Mulch, Sweat & Shears, This was taken from NYE 2014/2015. Marie
They were not live this year. It was a touch disappointing and weird to hear covers without a stated reason for it.

TP2000

90 minutes seems like a long time...until you are talking about 11 parks (12 if you count one in progress).
The last big Parks & Resorts presentation at D23 Expo was in 2011. It was also scheduled to run 90 minutes, it actually ran 73 minutes, and it discussed the following; New Fantasyland update, new snack bars and water slides being built at Aulani, Shanghai Disneyland's castle facility, and a Cars Land construction update.

Even if they use all 90 minutes, they could fill that up with fluffy corporate words about the shopping mall progress at Disney Springs, a Frozenstrom construction update, a recap of the ride upgrades and night parade for Disneyland's 60th, a release of vague Avatar sketches heavy on misty clouds and light on details, and the non-surprise announcement that a hybrid version of MyMagic+ is coming to Anaheim in 2016.

It's entirely possible that they won't say a word about DHS or Star Wars or Marvel Land or Toy Story Land or anything of any substance, much less something that would be a surprise.

doctornick

Most likely SDL will be most of it, with something about the TDL New Fantasyland. Marvel and SW at DL and Avatar

I don't see any reason that they would talk about Marvel or Star Wars at DLR but not talk about Pixar (or whatever else is coming in the short term) for WDW. It should be a similar time frame unlike Star Wars at WDW which is apparently going to have a later opening.

Mouse3268

Stuff thats simply rumored and unconfirmed, but comes from a good source.

DHS
  • Realignment of the Entrance/Exit. (Via @danlb_2000 Permits suggest likely)
I have seen threads/posts on all the rumors listed in the post except for one I have singled out in the quote about. If anyone has any details about these two rumors or could redirect me to place were they are discussed, I would very much appreciate it. Thanks!

DsnyFevr

Thanks for combining everything in one easy-to-use location

And although it certainly doesn't mean anything about Muppets' potential future, Mama Melrose stops showing availability on October 26, including through the peak holiday period and Osbourne Lights. I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else, so it could be a clue of things to come
I thought it was weird that's the only place I can't get a ADR for our Christmas trip, never had this trouble before.

sgtmgd

I thought it was weird that's the only place I can't get a ADR for our Christmas trip, never had this trouble before.
there were reservations on DEC 10 last week at MM, Im there from 12-19 DEC, I called Dining and they put me in touch with their customer care folks, Mama Melrose will be open, reservations will resume shortly. They called me last Friday to update the situation as I want a ressie on 13 December for Fantasmic.

doctornick

I have seen threads/posts on all the rumors listed in the post except for one I have singled out in the quote about. If anyone has any details about these two rumors or could redirect me to place were they are discussed, I would very much appreciate it. Thanks!

FWIW I think when talking about the entrance/exit changes for DHS, the rumor is about the parking, not the park turnstiles. Someone else can fee free to correct me, but I think that's an important clarification.

DsnyFevr

there were reservations on DEC 10 last week at MM, Im there from 12-19 DEC, I called Dining and they put me in touch with their customer care folks, Mama Melrose will be open, reservations will resume shortly. They called me last Friday to update the situation as I want a ressie on 13 December for Fantasmic.
That's what I always do too (fantasmic). I booked all my ADR at 180 days and no mamas, glad you have some insight on this. Were going 12/21-1/3.

FigmentJedi

I'm pretty sure that SW land will be more "environmental" based on iconic imagery. If you think Carsland - it is one of the most immersive lands ever built, but really makes no reference to the plots of either movie.
Timeline-wise, RSR is set between films and the rest of the land is post-Cars 2. And Junkyard Jamboree is full of nods to those Mater shorts.

Raineman

Thanks for the post @PhotoDave219. Just a couple of points (and I'd like to preface that I do realize that most of the points that were made are rumors/conjecture):

Re Frontierland expansion-I know MK expansion has been beaten to death in alot of other threads, but I would really be interested to find out where FL might expand to, as you have two occupied islands to the east and a chunk of land across the river to the north with WDWRR running through it.

Also, with all the talk of what the multi-billions for DHS is going to be spent on, one point has been brought up in other threads (I think you may have been one of them @PhotoDave219): to relieve the high crowd levels at MK, attendance at the other parks has to increase, and for DHS to do their part in that, they need to build attractions that are going to draw people, especially the ones who go to MK the majority of the time because they feel like the other parks have nothing to offer.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Thanks for the post @PhotoDave219. Just a couple of points (and I'd like to preface that I do realize that most of the points that were made are rumors/conjecture):

Re Frontierland expansion-I know MK expansion has been beaten to death in alot of other threads, but I would really be interested to find out where FL might expand to, as you have two occupied islands to the east and a chunk of land across the river to the north with WDWRR running through it.

Also, with all the talk of what the multi-billions for DHS is going to be spent on, one point has been brought up in other threads (I think you may have been one of them @PhotoDave219): to relieve the high crowd levels at MK, attendance at the other parks has to increase, and for DHS to do their part in that, they need to build attractions that are going to draw people, especially the ones who go to MK the majority of the time because they feel like the other parks have nothing to offer.

Lots of people have made the point that people gravitate to MK because DHS/DAK just arent holding them. So I wont/cant take credit for that.

I dont have any info at all other than a Frontierland Expansion is rumored from a good source. No details on it.

DisneyManOne

Here's a recent post from Theme Park Tourist regarding a rumor about DHS' attraction state now...

"Hot on the heels of the announcement of the imminent demise of The Magic of Disney Animation, rumors have started swirling about MORE potential attractions that could be on the chopping block at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Theme Park Insider has rounded up all of the rumored closures and the list is quite staggering, including:

- MuppetVision 3D
- One Man’s Dream
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid
- Lights! Motors! Action!
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular

If this list is indeed accurate, that would leave Disney’s Hollywood Studios with just over a dozen attractions (with only 5 rides among them), which would cripple this park. With these hypothetical closures in mind, it’s easy to wonder if it might be better for Disney to simply close this park altogether while work is being done to revamp it, as the remaining lineup would be stretching even the most liberal definition of “half day park”.

Confidence level: 75% Though it seems almost unfathomable that Disney’s Hollywood Studios would close more attractions in the near future, the massive swath of changes coming to the park may make such drastic changes necessary, lending some real credibility to this rumor."

Given this information, I honestly think closing Muppet*Vision would be terrible. The Muppets are timeless, and they deserve more park presence (maybe they could use the park-wide makeover as a chance to finally build the fabled Muppet Studios area *fingers tightly crossed*).

Also, I believe that they could just close One Man's Dream at the park, and then move it over to the Magic Kingdom, possibly in the space of the Town Square Theater...

But, I'm getting ahead of myself. What do you guys think?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom