DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

NowInc

On a side note, those of us on social media are having a grand ol' time reading all the "A Cm told me...." or "I have a friend/relative who is an imagineer and they told me.." rumors popping up that are WAAAAAAAAAAAAY off base from anything even remotely possible. It makes my brain hurt sometimes.

..for the record..those are the the only "sources" talking about the "Imagination re-do". Remember when they were so sure it was TOTALLY getting a phineas and ferb re-skinning? Same deal. Just people making assumptions in hopes that IF they are by some small chance correct, they can say they are an "insider". Usually kids.

FigmentJedi

..for the record..those are the the only "sources" talking about the "Imagination re-do". Remember when they were so sure it was TOTALLY getting a phineas and ferb re-skinning? Same deal. Just people making assumptions in hopes that IF they are by some small chance correct, they can say they are an "insider". Usually kids.
That was just a misinterpretation of early Perry the Platypus HQ concepts

Fox&Hound

Wow, thanks PhotoDave! It's exciting to see everything together.

It's an exciting time to be a Disney fan. For the stagnancy that we've seen in the parks, it's wonderful to see NFL, rework of Disney Springs, major reno happening at Hollywood, the beautiful additions already at AK and avatar on the way, Hub reno at MK, new Haunted Mansion store, plus the small additions to EPCOT. For a guy who has spent years and years wondering when something new would come to Hollywood and other parks, this news is beyond thrilling!!!!

Bring on D23!!!!!

wannabeBelle

Thanks for the info Dave!!! I love DHS and the atmosphere over there, but they have got to stop closing attractions without putting in anything new, it is killing the park. Many people thought of this park as a half day at best before all of the closures, now?? I cant even think what will draw people to the parks besides the Frozen events ( Which I dig by the way!!) which are also slated to end. I loved the introduction last year of some new and relevant attractions that were super popular without taking away anything. This year it seems like not much new is coming, but more items are closing than ever. I hope this park gets some love soon. Marie

The Tuna

Has anyone thought of giving people who are newsmakers, or those who get early info a page to themselves to just add in news and not have discussion? Lots of great info coming out in threads that can reach 1000 pages. What about giving Martin, Dave, Spirit, etc ( whomever @wdwmagic decides really) a place to put their news and then separately having a discussion thread where people can say what they like about the news or rumours?

It seems that if you go away for a weekend you can come back to 100 pages of discussion with the important bits buried somewhere in between.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Has anyone thought of giving people who are newsmakers, or those who get early info a page to themselves to just add in news and not have discussion? Lots of great info coming out in threads that can reach 1000 pages. What about giving Martin, Dave, Spirit, etc ( whomever @wdwmagic decides really) a place to put their news and then separately having a discussion thread where people can say what they like about the news or rumours?

It seems that if you go away for a weekend you can come back to 100 pages of discussion with the important bits buried somewhere in between.
Anything of note will be posted on the main site at WDWMAGIC.com. So if you just want news and info without discussion, head there.

The Tuna

Anything of note will be posted on the main site at WDWMAGIC.com. So if you just want news and info without discussion, head there.
I always read those. great info, great photos. just thinking with all that's going on having the inside sources have a spot would be good on the message boards.

Captain Neo

Just a heads up that what MK and Epcot are getting is actually closer to $500 million

I work at TDA and this info comes from Burbank.

Also changing the entrance/exit to the studios is such a colossal waste of money and goes to show that 2,3, even 4 billion dollars will never be enough to build grand rides and rich themed lands because Imagineering will always find ways to waste money on the most unnecessary and frivolous things imaginable.

peter11435

Just a heads up that what MK and Epcot are getting is actually closer to $500 million

I work at TDA and this info comes from Burbank.

Also changing the entrance/exit to the studios is such a colossal waste of money and goes to show that 2,3, even 4 billion dollars will never be enough to build grand rides and rich themed lands because Imagineering will always find ways to waste money on the most unnecessary and frivolous things imaginable.
Have you ever been to the studios? Or better yet exited the studio on a busy evening? Redesigning the entrance and exit of the stuidios is in no way frivolous or unnecceary. It is desperately needed and if the parks attendance increases (which is the goal of the expansion) the current set up will fail miserably. I understand people don't like money being spent on these less glamorous projects but they are very much needed. If you want to blame WDI blame those who designed and built the parks inadequate infrastructure 3 decades ago, not those who are attempting to fix it now.

Jimmy Thick

How much of this three billion will be attractions and how much will be demolition, pavement, leveling and dynamic engineering? If they are truly repackaging DHS, thats going to suck up a lot of dough.

In comparison, how much demo did they do for the Avatar expansion?

Jimmy Thick- Curb the expectations.

Captain Neo

How much of this three billion will be attractions and how much will be demolition, pavement, leveling and dynamic engineering? If they are truly repackaging DHS, thats going to suck up a lot of dough.

Avatar demolition was minimal as 90% of the land was an empty grassy area that was always left empty for expansion. Majority of the budget spent will show in the land when it opens.

DisneyDebRob

Out of the 3 billion,2.9 billion will be for demolition,pavement,leveling and dynamic engineering. The rest for a new DVC kiosk. I kid but wouldn't it be nice to have that amount upped another billion to cover most of that and just pour the rest into new unbelievable attractions??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom