DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

YodaMan

This picture from the video shows a sign on the Sounds Dangerous building with what appears to be am image of Kylo Ren from Episode 7 with his light saber. Can't read to much into this, but it is interesting.

View attachment 106129

Seeing as they still show two combatants with lightsabers being projected out of the current JTA area, I'm betting the show doesn't move (yet) and the plans are mostly about adding new characters to the show. And the projected "screen" coming from Sounds Dangerous probably hints at movie previews for TFA/Rogue One in that theatre like they did for Cinderella/GotG/Maleficent.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
That is not what this guy says: http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201503/4484/

Creating a new entrance and exit for the parking lot not only will help smooth the flow of traffic into and out of the park, it will allow DHS to expand onto the land currently used for parking access road leading from World Drive. That road runs right past the back of Star Tours, effectively cutting off access to the expansion space the park will need for Star Wars Land. So the Victory Way approach allows Disney to solve two problems at once: fixing the auto traffic flow problems with the park, and clearing access to the space needed to expand it.

While Robert's a nice guy and all, He's gotten some stuff wrong of late....

gmajew

Premium Member
I am going to think about this purely as how I would do it in my business.

I am getting ready to make a huge announcement one that will change one of my entities more then anything else in the past 15 years.

I would strike PR gold with the big surprise Star Wars. And then give a little bit more with toys story to keep people happy as I role out the full plans for this park.

So my gut is telling me for the budget they approved more is to come but why drop everything in one day when it will be a slow build for 4-6 years to fix this mess

LuckyOswald

If Monstropolis comes as a mini land, any chance they slightly re theme Honey I Shrunk the Kids to Bugs Life? Think it would make more sense with the new Pixar stuff.

And while we're talking about moving attractions, I know it's a pipe dream, but it would be nice to have a people eater like Laugh Floor in HS too, just to have another family attraction. Think it might be slightly more of a draw there too. Just my two cents!

gmajew

Premium Member

I am getting ready to make a huge announcement one that will change one of my entities more then anything else in the past 15 years.

I would strike PR gold with the big surprise Star Wars. And then give a little bit more with toys story to keep people happy as I role out the full plans for this park.

So my gut is telling me for the budget they approved more is to come but why drop everything in one day when it will be a slow build for 4-6 years to fix this mess

On top of that knowing I have to keep my rabid fan base happy I would for sure sprinkle nuggets over time to continue to make all of us happy that progress is happening.

Look at avatar they announced it then nothing and we all complain how long it is taking.

po1998

Any rumors regarding the Osborne Lights? I know many could care less about them, but I enjoy them, think that the SoA is the perfect place for them, and would hate to see them go.

El Grupo

As I'm sure everyone else here can do, I can throw on my "Armchair Imagineer" hat and come up with multiple general concepts for E-tickets. And, I'm confident WDI would love (and will probably get a chance) to implement a couple more of their top-shelf ideas at DHS.

However, the thing I now want to see is several C-ticket rides. Please pardon me for repeating myself in posts, but some rides on the level of the classic Fantasyland attractions themed to Pixar properties could go a long way towards making DHS a robust park and shouldn't break the bank. Also, it seems that the area between AoA and RnR could be used for a Toon Town with city facades (think SoA) and a small attraction (maybe a Roger Rabbit-like ride themed around Goofy). Possibly the area could be tied into a revitalized AoA. Just my thoughts.

FrankLapidus

I have the same feeling. We've already heard a lot more than I expected to by this point, we knew what was coming but I didn't think so much would be confirmed. But I do think they've held some things back, maybe things that are still in flux and not as far along the development line as the Toy Story and Star Wars expansions are. I'd be particularly disappointed if we don't get more Pixar and I wouldn't complain if we get more of Star Wars than the two attractions already discussed at D23..

BrianLo

Echoing what Steve and a bunch of other are saying, I also expect there to be more when its all said and done.

I'm wondering if there is truth to those rumours coming out before D23 that Star Wars got bumped up a bit and we are going to see Toy Story -> Star Wars -> Final Pixar Land in 2021.

We can pretty much rule out something we've heard about at this point in the distant past. No Door Coaster or indoor RSR.

The other likely option is that this really wasn't the DHS Re-do coming out party. We only heard about Star Wars because they wanted to talk about it for Disneyland anyways and we heard about Toy Story because they had to have something to tide over the closures.

BrerJon

If Monstropolis comes as a mini land, any chance they slightly re theme Honey I Shrunk the Kids to Bugs Life? Think it would make more sense with the new Pixar stuff.

I can't imagine anything new themed to Bug's Life - a 20 year old film that wasn't a huge smash-hit on release that most kids have probably never seen? Nope, far better to make a playground themed to a more recent film, something like Zootopia perhaps.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom