DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Okay! that actually works well, but ignores that fact that the old American Idol theater is a part of this stuff...based on rumors though. I'll edit my map because this makes a lot of sense.

AI/Hyperion Theatre has the Frozen sing-a-long.

The old rumors of that theatre being part of SWL was part of the stuff that was shot down a year ago by the board.

Sam Magic

I just refuse to be one of these people who believe that there are only 2 attractions coming. I'm sure we'll get specifics at some point.
As am I...that is Disneyland. Even from the beginning we will have more attractions because of Star Trek. I'm also expecting we'll get some type of legitimate coaster and a spinner.

Thrill Seeker

First off, has anyone looked at the Toy Story Land Concept Art? It's a pretty massive expansion. My assumption is Toy in 2018 and Star Wars in 2019. No way 2016 and even 2017 seems unlikely for Toy. As for what stays and what goes, I believe Hyperion Theater is staying. Frozen Sing-Along is the most popular show on property and they spent a lot of money updating the theater, so I doubt that's closing... I hope Muppets is safe, but I'm bracingn for the worst...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
First off, has anyone looked at the Toy Story Land Concept Art? It's a pretty massive expansion. My assumption is Toy in 2018 and Star Wars in 2019. No way 2016 and even 2017 seems unlikely for Toy. As for what stays and what goes, I believe Hyperion Theater is staying. Frozen Sing-Along is the most popular show on property and they spent a lot of money updating the theater, so I doubt that's closing... I hope Muppets is safe, but I'm bracingn for the worst...

If they start soon, TSL is feasible by late 2017. I would put Star Wars in 2020.

Mike S

2000's Disney- Oh, no. We'll never get DHS fixed now.

1970's Disney Exec- So certain are you. Always with you it cannot be done. Hear you nothing that I say?

2000's Disney- Master, expanding Fantasyland is one thing. This is totally different.

1970's Disney- No! No different! Only different in your mind. You must unlearn what you have learned.

2000's Disney- All right, I'll give it a try.

1970's Disney- No! Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

2000's Disney- I can't. It's too expensive!

1970's Disney- Budget size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my wealth, do you? Hm? Mmmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Fanbase. And a powerful ally it is. Expansion creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we... not this crude stock price. You must feel the Fanbase around you. Here, between you... me... the tree... the rockwork... everywhere! Yes, even between this budget and that concept art!

2000's Disney- You want the impossible.

1970's Disney- *sighs, raises hand, builds EPCOT Center in 3 years*

2000's Disney- I don't... I don't believe it.

1970's Disney- That is why you fail.

Sorry, couldn't resist (actually am excited for the Star Wars stuff).
Epic.
Studios is a five year plan. Aim for 19-20 for SW to be completed. One would assume TS 16-17.
So we might not have to wait till 2021 for Star Wars? Awesome :D

WDW95

I really believe that Hyperion Theater / Sounds Dangerous / ABC Commissary are going to be cut. Similar to how on the other side of the hub, OMD / Jack Sparrow are going to be cut to allow for a new, larger pathway to be built to Toy Story Land. This would have direct access off the hub.

Star Wars will need direct access off the hub and a wider path that provides some separation from the Hollywood part of the park. The current pathways leading to the Star Tours area are not sufficient enough to allow for a "grand" reveal of the new Star Wars Land. Also, the congestion that will be caused due to the popularity will be unbearable.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Listening to the Jim Hill podcast. Claims Monster's Coaster is back on as the 3rd Pixar "land" So, that would be Cars-Land, Toy Story Land and Monster's Inc. I know he has a spotty record, but it seems to line up with what I have read on these boards. This is gonna be a fun five year wait!

I am a little skeptical that they would build two new coasters.

SJFPKT

It would be nice. I'm assuming Pixar first, Star Wars second.

A reasonable expectation would be Toy Story by 2017/18 and Star Wars by 2019/20.

I'd love to be wrong about this and it be sooner....

I think that is a good assumption, because they don't want to close anymore than they already have closed. They can do Pixar place with minimal interruptions to the park since it is going in a closed area. When they are done and have the coaster and spinner open they can shutdown TSMM for a couple of months to rework the que. Then they can shutdown all of that stuff where Star Wars is going, assuming they are taking over SoA and LMA area.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I think that is a good assumption, because they don't want to close anymore than they already have closed. They can do Pixar place with minimal interruptions to the park since it is going in a closed area. When they are done and have the coaster and spinner open they can shutdown TSMM for a couple of months to rework the que. Then they can shutdown all of that stuff where Star Wars is going, assuming they are taking over SoA and LMA area.

I don't think they will want TSMM down when this new land opens, if anything I think they will close it near the opening of TSL and re-open it with the land.

planodisney

They aren't going to open Toy Story land the same year, or most likely even within a year of Avatar. Disney just doesn't do that. Not even a construction issue, they just first and foremost go by marketing prospects for the resort so they love to spread out new offerings.
I would think 2018 at the earliest for Toy Story and 2020 for Star Wars at both resorts.
The more you look at the Toy Story art, the more impressive it is. It doesn't have the insane rock work of Carsland , but the theming looks to be Carsland level.

Matt_Black

Or be taught to respect and appreciate genius? Guess not. BORING. :rolleyes:

Yes, heaven forbid your kids be taught about Walt Disney. What a boring life he led. :rolleyes: Accomplishment, innovation, imagination means nothing to you, and you're not about to bore your kids teaching them about those things. Gotcha. And oh wow, what a great picture. Dressing Disney characters up in Star Wars outfits. Frankly, I'm really not sure which character I feel sorrier for - Darth Vader or Goofy. :p

You know, do you have to pee in everyone's Cheerios over this? Yes, you don't like Star Wars. However, there are millions, if not tens of millions or higher, of people that do. You taking personal offense with people being excited over something they care about, you look like you're throwing a temper tantrum.

3930550_o.gif

gmajew

Premium Member
Listening to the Jim Hill podcast. Claims Monster's Coaster is back on as the 3rd Pixar "land" So, that would be Cars-Land, Toy Story Land and Monster's Inc. I know he has a spotty record, but it seems to line up with what I have read on these boards. This is gonna be a fun five year wait!

When was this Jim Hill broadcast?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom