DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

TeriofTerror

If Monstropolis comes as a mini land, any chance they slightly re theme Honey I Shrunk the Kids to Bugs Life? Think it would make more sense with the new Pixar stuff.

And while we're talking about moving attractions, I know it's a pipe dream, but it would be nice to have a people eater like Laugh Floor in HS too, just to have another family attraction. Think it might be slightly more of a draw there too. Just my two cents!
I'd much prefer to see MILF (pardon my adolescent giggle) here rather than its current location. Talk about shoehorning with no regard for theme!

Sam Magic

Sneak Peak on the Toy Story Land half of the map I'm trying to make for you guys to look at...hopefully this gives us a better idea of how Toy Story will fit with in the park and how it will connect to Pixar Place and the second Pixar land:
552z9g.png

Cody5294

AI/Hyperion Theatre has the Frozen sing-a-long.

The old rumors of that theatre being part of SWL was part of the stuff that was shot down a year ago by the board.
I'm guessing the frozen sing along will stick around for a while. Especially since they can update it when Frozen 2 comes out

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That's a strong possibility, but the concept art shows a pathway leading to that half of the park...maybe that pathway will go into Streets of America instead of Pixar Place?

Yes, I think that path is going to go over to where the Honey I Shrunk the Kids player ares is (or more hopefully, where it used to be.;) )

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I posted this earlier this year in the permit thread but thought it would be worthwhile to repost it here.

Back on March 31 Disney submitted a permit to the South Florida Water Management district to move the location of two potable (drinkable) wells backstage at DHS. As you can see in this map both were being moved from backstage area into the strip of trees by the road. A month later they filed an update to this permit saying they no longer wished to move these wells. There were other well moves in the permit that were not near DHS that they did not cancel.

capture-jpg.91483

ToTBellHop

I posted this earlier this year in the permit thread but thought it would be worthwhile to repost it here.

Back on March 31 Disney submitted a permit to the South Florida Water Management district to move the location of two potable (drinkable) wells backstage at DHS. As you can see in this map both were being moved from backstage area into the strip of trees by the road. A month later they filed an update to this permit saying they no longer wished to move these wells. There were other well moves in the permit that were not near DHS that they did not cancel.

capture-jpg.91483
Forgive my stupidity, but what does this change imply?

ThemeParkJunkee

Looking at plans, concept art, location projections etc, I cannot help but wonder, "what on earth is going to be at DHS (or whatever they call it) for the next 2 and a half years. Certainly, special events may help a little but really, this is pretty late in the game to put half the park under construction walls and just hope for the best. My next trip to Orlando is not until 2018 (DH to be is a real Avatar and Kong fan). While we can all look back in hindsight and say the Orlando Parks should have received must needed love year by year, it is gratifying that something is being done. However, the 14 acre and 11 acre plots allocated for the two announced "lands" will not make up for the lack of attractions and planned closures. I am cautiously optimistic for the future of this park and hope that this is not all there is.

It took me a long time to post to this thread because I had to follow D23 from my phone at my cabin. Great signal, small screen, too much information to keep track of. I was also at an anniversary party so checking D23 posts discreetly was tough. I appreciate those who posted live. I appreciate Dave updating the thread and I appreciate that I could update a few friends on facebook that this was actually happening.

DanaG

So, this thread blew up while I was following the D23 developments. I am headed down the first week in December. I am wondering of we have any idea of what will be open and/or closed this fall? It looks like major parts of the park are going to be out of commission. And I read the rumors of LMA, Indy going away- but now that we have the official announcement does anyone have any actual idea of whats closing when? Thanks!

Bairstow

The press ramped up the pressure and expectations about a Star Wars reveal which makes me believe Disney's hands were forced. It might also explain why no insiders seemed confident on a reveal even in the days leading up.

But that's cyclical logic. Didn't the press only ramp up pressure and expectations once they caught wind of rumors of the reveal?

I think the reason there's been so little leaked is that there seems to be wrath-of-God-style NDAs in force on anyone who touches anything related to the new Star Wars movies, Imagineering included.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
But that's cyclical logic. Didn't the press only ramp up pressure and expectations once they caught wind of rumors of the reveal?

I think the reason there's been so little leaked is that there seems to be wrath-of-God-style NDAs in force on anyone who touches anything related to the new Star Wars movies, Imagineering included.

Yeah...... they don't want any leaks. I don't fear god. But I fear Kathleen Kennedy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom