DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

tandriello

This is gonna seem really blunt and possibly rude, but followers of these forums will understand.....

Who gives a flying clusterduck what Jim Hill has to say!?!? He hasn't been right yet!

I have followed the forums, and agree that he has not been always on point, simply passing along information I heard. I also appreciate bluntness, so what you said isn't rude, you are stating facts, and that is all good with me. In fact, I'm kinda flattered that I got a response from one of the more respected posters in this forum!

Kman101

Let's hope Hill is finally right and we do get Monstropolis and Cars Land. I'd be beyond thrilled and they need at least two more high quality (dark) rides. But I'm not holding my breath, either.

If they put Monsters in the SOA area (could they turn the Honey Playland into a showbuilding for a ride? Is it big enough? They could use the movie theater entrance ... just saying) and Cars where LMA is, I could see that .. If Star Wars moves into the parking lot. I wish we knew for sure where it was going.

But what happens to Animation-turned-Launch Bay/Disney Junior? Seems awkward to me to have that very small area now if they are indeed demoing the mermaid building. Would something go there instead or just be seen as part of the Hollywoodland front of the park? Is it 2017 yet? (I'm assuming we get a full announcement of a park redo then, unless they want to pitch Monsters/Cars to Tokyo at their D23 under the guise of new lands for DHS)

I found this map from 3 years ago on an old thread in this forum about DHS expansion. The poster (flavious27) was spot on regarding the location of Pixar's TSL and if you look at the current satellite map, it does appear they are working on the new entrance south of the creek so perhaps he is right about the expansion for SW.

ToTBellHop

Let's hope Hill is finally right and we do get Monstropolis and Cars Land. I'd be beyond thrilled and they need at least two more high quality (dark) rides. But I'm not holding my breath, either.

If they put Monsters in the SOA area (could they turn the Honey Playland into a showbuilding for a ride? Is it big enough? They could use the movie theater entrance ... just saying) and Cars where LMA is, I could see that .. If Star Wars moves into the parking lot. I wish we knew for sure where it was going.

But what happens to Animation-turned-Launch Bay/Disney Junior? Seems awkward to me to have that very small area now if they are indeed demoing the mermaid building. Would something go there instead or just be seen as part of the Hollywoodland front of the park? Is it 2017 yet? (I'm assuming we get a full announcement of a park redo then, unless they want to pitch Monsters/Cars to Tokyo at their D23 under the guise of new lands for DHS)
There is no way four rides is "it" or we'd still have a Backlot Tour. Whether Hill is correct on content is another issue entirely. FWIW, Steve (WDWMagic) has stated he believes there is more to announce.

Haymarket2008

I was under the impression that Animation Studio was where Monstropolis/Door Coaster might go. All exciting rumors that seem to be holding true.

Kman101

There is no way four rides is "it" or we'd still have a Backlot Tour. Whether Hill is correct on content is another issue entirely. FWIW, Steve (WDWMagic) has stated he believes there is more to announce.

I'd imagine there has to be more coming. I think it's slightly obvious there will be, just a matter of what and exactly where. Monsters makes sense taking over the SOA if they want to save a buck and Cars makes sense where LMA is. For me at least they do.

I'm also still convinced we get a Woody ride in TSL. What's that blocked out area right next to his statue and the frontier facade? So, yeah, I definitely think more is coming. I'm just being greedy in wanting it all now. LOL and I like speculating, even though it's all armchair at this point, it just makes sense where they *could* place things.

JustInTime

So anything about the new name? Also, we know where TSL will be going, but what is replacing jack sparrow, animation and one mans dream? Anything at all?

There is no current work on a new entrance.

That is not what this guy says: http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201503/4484/

Creating a new entrance and exit for the parking lot not only will help smooth the flow of traffic into and out of the park, it will allow DHS to expand onto the land currently used for parking access road leading from World Drive. That road runs right past the back of Star Tours, effectively cutting off access to the expansion space the park will need for Star Wars Land. So the Victory Way approach allows Disney to solve two problems at once: fixing the auto traffic flow problems with the park, and clearing access to the space needed to expand it.

Bairstow

That is not what this guy says: http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201503/4484/

Creating a new entrance and exit for the parking lot not only will help smooth the flow of traffic into and out of the park, it will allow DHS to expand onto the land currently used for parking access road leading from World Drive. That road runs right past the back of Star Tours, effectively cutting off access to the expansion space the park will need for Star Wars Land. So the Victory Way approach allows Disney to solve two problems at once: fixing the auto traffic flow problems with the park, and clearing access to the space needed to expand it.

A new entrance road would solve so many problems.

Magenta Panther

You know, do you have to pee in everyone's Cheerios over this? Yes, you don't like Star Wars. However, there are millions, if not tens of millions or higher, of people that do. You taking personal offense with people being excited over something they care about, you look like you're throwing a temper tantrum.

3930550_o.gif

So defending two attractions that showcase Disney history and accomplishments amounts to peeing in Cheerios?

I was defending something I care about, and millions care about, or they wouldn't attend a WALT DISNEY PARK.

And who said I don't like Star Wars? Do you even read the things I write here, or do you just wait in sweaty anticipation for me to make a post so you can try to pick another fight with me that you're going to lose?

Here's a cartoon you could totally relate to. Although I doubt you're full of candy:

ljOOA.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member

He is incorrect. If you look back through more satellite images you will see that the path he is showing has come and gone since the park was first constructed, it is nothing new. Also a road through that area would have required permits, which we haven't seen yet. There were recent permits for them to do exploratory work, but they did not align with that path. An entrance re-config is very likely, but no actual work has started.

WDW95

Expect any of the areas that were not originally guest areas when the park opened to be closed off or demolished. Only the parts of the guest accesible park from 1989 (excluding Sunset Blvd) will remain.

El Grupo

There would be hopefully more though aside from the money involved there's no proof so far. Even if SW had two rides of an Indiana Jones and Forbidden Journey calibre that's less than 500 mil. And those two rides certainly have to be of that calibre if that's it for the area.

Studios is a five year plan. Aim for 19-20 for SW to be completed. One would assume TS 16-17.

IF, the $2.8 billion budget is correct, it seems to make sense to not announce everything now. SW made the splash, but it sounds like it will take a few years. TSL appears to provide some short-term relief. With other unannounced additions between the two, Disney could simply increase the overall enthusiasm and interest as the park's rehab is staggered over the five-year period.

Lynn Stephens

I'm thinking here...(dangerous, I know) it would now make sense to move Astroblasters to Toy Story Land. Frees up space in Tomorrowland, combine that space with CoP which is a walk-on non draw, and you could add something really amazing in that space.

So yeah, I think they should move Astroblasters. I am not for moving attractions all over the place but the themeing has never made more sense to move an attraction like this.

afar28

I'm thinking here...(dangerous, I know) it would now make sense to move Astroblasters to Toy Story Land. Frees up space in Tomorrowland, combine that space with CoP which is a walk-on non draw, and you could add something really amazing in that space.

So yeah, I think they should move Astroblasters. I am not for moving attractions all over the place but the themeing has never made more sense to move an attraction like this.
But then having two shooter (is that the word?) type attractions right next to each other wouldn't make much sense. So their best bet is saving the money and leaving Buzz as is

YodaMan

I was under the impression that Animation Studio was where Monstropolis/Door Coaster might go. All exciting rumors that seem to be holding true.

I would hope for something along those lines. Now that it's confirmed that Magic of Disney Animation closed to make way for the Launch Bay that's coming to coincide with the release of the Force Awakens and the new Seasons of the Force event, you have to wonder what will happen to the Launch Bay after Star Wars Land opens. Every possible plan for the 14-acre land has it over by Star Tours, so I imagine the Launch Bay will close at some point in time. And then I guess SOMETHING will take over the Animation/Disney Jr area (and possible extend back to RnRC and be part of that re-theme?)?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom