DHS CARS LAND

doctornick

Assuming this is just RSR plus maybe a gift shop...

I still don't understand how Carsland would help solve the problem of DHS's disjointed, hodge-podge theme. Unless they're planning to make the park "Half Pixar and Half Everything Else Studios."

So will it likely be like: Radiator Springs Racers, and the curios shop at the end of the exit dock? And this would be somehow connected to Pixar Place hopefully?! It doesn't make sense to have it in the other side of the park when there's a Pixar land dying for a second attraction.

My guess based on the rumor: RSR will go into the space currently occupied by LMA. At least initially, it will be part of the "Streets of America" portion of DHS. Which, actually, fits thematically given the poetic of Route 66 and Cars being about, well, Cars and driving which occurs on... streets.

At some later point, if/when the Backlot Tour is removed and replaced, it will likely be filled with a bunch of Pixar themed attractions and allow Pixar Place to be expanded. At that point, RSR can be shifted to Pixar Place in terms of it's "land" without any problems. Not any issue at all.

I do wonder what this means for the Monsters Inc door coaster and that soundstage next to TSM. There's no reason they couldn't put something (like Monsters Inc) into that space in the short term/simultaneous with RSR and still be expanding Pixar Place somewhat.

Alektronic

Nah, they NEVER read anything on these boards.

(I am lying when I tell y'all that I've had company VPs tell me they've read me ... and once when someone who doesn't like me said 'we know what you do online' I was reasonably sure he wasn't speaking of my fetish addiction ... and when others have told me my stuff makes the rounds in Glendale and, sometimes, Burbank ... it's all bunk. I am a no-lifer. I live in a trailer in Iowa. And I have been to WDW once in 2001 and stayed on I-Drive in the Rodeway Inn!)

Or maybe you are just a manager at a local pizza establishment?

ImagineerDude

To clarify, I mentioned "additions", referring to all the new FLE stuff, Mermaid-girl, Snow White-girl, Rapunzel-girl, Belle-girl and so on. Certainly the FLE area will be great but when I was showing it to my kids, the response was "Those are all a bunch of girl movies!" Cars-related theming would be nice, not necessarily a copy-cat of Carsland. Just my ticket-payin' opinion.
I enjoy ALL of these "girl" movies (Disney classics) much more than Cars with Tangled being closest. But yea I understand :D

experiment624

I do wonder what this means for the Monsters Inc door coaster and that soundstage next to TSM. There's no reason they couldn't put something (like Monsters Inc) into that space in the short term/simultaneous with RSR and still be expanding Pixar Place somewhat.

Going on faulty memory, a post on another thread in this board and an article I read reports Pirates of the Caribbean immersion experience is going into Narnia's spot, how will that work into Pixar Place expansion, does it? I can't find either the post or article quick enough to repost, so feel free to ignore me.

WDW1974

It's been a busy couple of weeks (took an amazing trip to Rocky Mountain National Park thanks to an awesome airfare grab through Airfarewatchdog last weekend!). I'm in a lull right now with nothing much going on for the next week, but will be busy from then until we get back from Paris/London (finally booked the airfare--non-refundable, so it's a done deal; thanks for the advice!).

That sounds phenomenal. I LOVE the National Parks and that's one I haven't hit yet. And anything is better than Florida in August. We just went through four days of almost non-stop rain from Isaac and it just wasn't fun. I will never get why anyone visits the parks from June through September.

CONGRATS! on the Europe trip. About time you moved across the Pond. Hope you and the wife have an amazing time. You may not want to come back, though. Every trip I take outside the country, it gets harder to come back. I can't wait 30 years for this country to decide to get its act together again and it just feels like we're in a severe period of decline that started in the late 90s.

Odd that the post disappeared. I made some disparaging remarks about the Disboards a couple of weeks ago (in reply to you) and a big chunk of my post was removed (to the point where it didn't even make sense). I have no problem with people talking about me on the boards...as long as it's all nice things! ;)

I don't know why it did. I don't question things. Sometimes things appear after etc. I also think the site is down a moderator or two from a year ago. And I was just being honest. I read your comment and I've been compiling a bit of a list of who is getting what for a pet project of mine, so it seemed timely. Had any $600 dinners at Jiko on the Mouse lately?

As you probably gathered from my review of GCH, I thought it was nice, but not flagship hotel nice. Someday we'll stay at Disneyland Hotel, but for now my go-to is Desert Inn across the street. I know you can get cheaper further away, but I like being close...

I love the Grand Cali. It's a wonderful hotel, but it isn't close to being worth what Disney charges. I spent time as a guest of friends who were there in January (paying some obscene rate for concierge) and basically enjoyed a day of eating and drinking as much as I could to help them get their money's worth in the Craftsmen Club Lounge ... and then I drove back to my $50 a night Pricelined Marriott.

Like most Disney resorts, it's richly themed, but it isn't close to worth what they charge. Best thing about the hotel is Napa Rose. One of the finest restaurants in the OC.

Goofnut1980

My question is, Can TDO really handle two expensive projects going on at once??? That seems like a lot of money all at once. Wouldn't that put two big projects completing at once at the two 1/2 day parks?

One other thing to mention, even if we did get a full Carsland, it would have been 5 years since DCA got their version and I am sure that the "newness" would have worn off.

doctornick

Going on faulty memory, a post on another thread in this board and an article I read reports Pirates of the Caribbean immersion experience is going into Narnia's spot, how will that work into Pixar Place expansion, does it? I can't find either the post or article quick enough to repost, so feel free to ignore me.

Depends on how they set up it, but not really. The PotC walk through will be part of "Mickey Ave" (which I personally think they should just combine with Animation Courtyard to make a "Disney Studios" land). Pixar Place could theoretically start at TSM as it currently does and head south into the area currently occupied by the Backlot Tour/Studio Catering/Backlot Canteen/HISTK playground + LMA and be a pretty large area.

Maybe they have a plan like this:

Phase 1: add RSR to the LMA location, put the Monsters Inc door coaster into the soundstage bldg, convert BatB to a Tangled show, replace VotLM with a PatF show or something like Animagique.

Phase 2: Replace Backlot Tour with a full blown Pixar place, adding 3-4 attractions from various franchises, mostly kid friendly stuff with 1 E-ticket. Convert HISTK to Bug's Life theme.

baymenxpac

very exciting. i, too, have my excitement somewhat tempered by the clone thing, but i'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.

earlier this month, i was at DHS. abysmal. FP'ed TSMM, did RNRC on stand by, then while on stand by for ToT, they had technically difficulties. it pushed the wait time to 80 minutes, which seemed to cripple the rest of the park. think 45 minute stand by wait for the GMR at 10:30 AM. just brutal. that day (and especially after a truly awesome day at animal kingdom the next day), i vowed not to step foot into DHS again until something significant was added.

let's just hope disney is for real. and judging by the quality info in this thread via bulb and '74, all signs point toward go!

afar28

My question is, Can TDO really handle two expensive projects going on at once??? That seems like a lot of money all at once. Wouldn't that put two big projects completing at once at the two 1/2 day parks?

One other thing to mention, even if we did get a full Carsland, it would have been 5 years since DCA got their version and I am sure that the "newness" would have worn off.
AK and DHs are half day parks so they could use expansions, but you are right in saying that's a ton of money being used at once. Avatar is in a terrible state right now (no concept art, no new news from Disney for about a year now, no construction yet) so it is not a definite of either being built. One will definitely be built if not both, and based on info from WDW 1974 and bulb, Carsland looks like a go!!

Rose Marie

Kathy Magnum wasnt sent here for nothing.....
I thought she was speculated she attached to some other project that wasn't Cars Land.

Plus, I don't think they would uproot a senior Imagineer on the basis of "Hey, we really want to build your last project so we're moving you across the country. But no promises if we can push that project through, so if it doesn't work out, you might have to help build a few more next-gen queues."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom