DHS CARS LAND

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
And do you guys think that even with Test Track we might still get Radiator Springs Racers? And if not, then what do you think we'll see?

You can pretty much take it to the bank that RSR racers is coming to MGM. It would take something drastic at this point for that to change.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I'm sure Disney's social media team is working OT right now, so if you've got something you'd like them to see/hear, the timing is right.
I came up with this drawing about 5 years ago....Disney you can use it if you would like to reroute the entrance to the park! I'll even say it was your idea all along.

MgmEntryIdea.jpg

afar28

And do you guys think that even with Test Track we might still get Radiator Springs Racers? And if not, then what do you think we'll see?
RSR is the anchor of Carsland so if Carsland is coming, then RSR is coming. The only thing that RSR and Test Track have in common is the high speed ending.

rudyjr13

I view them as separate. Do you not go to Muppets 3d if you saw Bugs Life 3d 2 days earlier? If the whole Cars Land, it will be a must see/unique experience from Test Track based on pictures, videos, and reports from Cali. Just the RSR? Disappointing but still better than what is there now in LMA or Backlot.

Turtle

I kinda don't want a WHOLE Carsland but rather only a Radiator Springs Racers and Curios Shop.. Do you think that this "addition" won't just be Cars but will be a whole Pixar Place expansion with another franchise? I think if we get RSR then that shuts the door for the door vault coaster, but hey maybe a ratatouille dark ride?

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Ride system really doesn't make a difference. When Wonders of Life was open we had Body Wars in Epcot and Star Tours in MGM, exact same ride system.

Turtle

If this is RSR ride is part of a whole expansion to Pixar Place then what do you guys think another ride would be?? Ratatouille? Bugs Life? Incredibles? Monsters, Inc.? Nemo? UP? Wall-E? The Good Dinosaur (hasn't came out yet but by time of an expansion it will be finished)?

WDW1974

I still don't understand how Carsland would help solve the problem of DHS's disjointed, hodge-podge theme. Unless they're planning to make the park "Half Pixar and Half Everything Else Studios."

But at least it would be something new and it would be a bona-fide E-ticket.

'Course, makes it likely I'd skip DCA next time I'm in SoCal, too.

It won't. But all TDO sees is a silver bullet ... to slay The Boy Who Lived. ... And their numbers are truly dire of late.

I'm starting to hear 'chatter' of cutting back CM hours this fall if crowds remain down.

RSRs is just looked at as a 'can't miss crowd pleaser' ... they know FLE is much PR about little ... they know that Avatar is five years away IF it ever gets built and no one in the fan community this side of Lou and Lou Junior are excited about it. ... They know people, beyond the DVCers and the addicts, are going to keep coming back for the same exact product that has largely played out for a decade now.

I have not heard anything today beyond this thread to suggest the Studios makeover has moved closer to reality, but the OP is as credible as it gets here. If someone isn't feeding him bad info, which I don't believe is the case, then they are getting closer. They see how fast UNI can move when it decides to do something, and an expedited fiscal 2013 start of work could very well have just been pushed through.

WDW1974

I'm sure someone in that fiefdom justified 24/7 monitoring. Until the next round of layoffs...

Nah, they NEVER read anything on these boards.

(I am lying when I tell y'all that I've had company VPs tell me they've read me ... and once when someone who doesn't like me said 'we know what you do online' I was reasonably sure he wasn't speaking of my fetish addiction ... and when others have told me my stuff makes the rounds in Glendale and, sometimes, Burbank ... it's all bunk. I am a no-lifer. I live in a trailer in Iowa. And I have been to WDW once in 2001 and stayed on I-Drive in the Rodeway Inn!)

TalkingHead

It won't. But all TDO sees is a silver bullet ... to slay The Boy Who Lived. ... And their numbers are truly dire of late.

I'm starting to hear 'chatter' of cutting back CM hours this fall if crowds remain down.

That doesn't sound good on either front.

Bad for the CMs, many of whom are already on Poverty Row.

But it's also discouraging that TDO is interested in RSR/Cars mainly because it's a "proven" winner. Not because it's a good, well-themed attraction/land. I'm not convinced they understand the quality = guest satisfaction thing, yet.

Kinda sounds like the lazy way out. Which has been the problem for the past ten+ years.

But here's to hoping...

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Nah, they NEVER read anything on these boards.

(I am lying when I tell y'all that I've had company VPs tell me they've read me ... and once when someone who doesn't like me said 'we know what you do online' I was reasonably sure he wasn't speaking of my fetish addiction ... and when others have told me my stuff makes the rounds in Glendale and, sometimes, Burbank ... it's all bunk. I am a no-lifer. I live in a trailer in Iowa. And I have been to WDW once in 2001 and stayed on I-Drive in the Rodeway Inn!)

I knew it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom