DHS CARS LAND

Mem11

My question is, Can TDO really handle two expensive projects going on at once??? That seems like a lot of money all at once. Wouldn't that put two big projects completing at once at the two 1/2 day parks?

Don't know, but in ancient times they were able to build whole parks at one time. If the current company can't handle two "Expensive" projects at once, then the company has much bigger problems then anyone thought.

One other thing to mention, even if we did get a full Carsland, it would have been 5 years since DCA got their version and I am sure that the "newness" would have worn off.

Hopefully it won't take as long as DCA, but it does kind of lose it's luster being a clone and all - sure would have been nice to have gotten something unique, but I guess beggars can't be choosy.

MUTZIE77

Wow, I was excited when Spirit broke the news a few weeks back, but that excitement has quickly turned to disappointment. Yes it is something new (finally), but the lack of creative thinking is astounding. I guess we will never see any new attractions at WDW that arent going to be, or meant to be in two parks. Everything we have gotten since Everest has a copy in another park. Losing LMA doesnt sound too bad, but here's to hoping this isn't true. Thanks for cheaping out again TDO

doctornick

Don't know, but in ancient times they were able to build whole parks at one time. If the current company can't handle two "Expensive" projects at once, then the company has much bigger problems then anyone thought.

And given that Pandora is not expected to be opened until 2015-16 or so, that's a number of years to spread out that budget. I think TDO can handle the expense of both just fine if they want given the time frame involved; it would be different if both were slated to be completed in 1-2 years.

This Forum is very funny at times. I for one am excited for this news, but am shocked over the negativity! Most people on here were BEGGING for something new and now we possibly get it AND... well errr maybe its not unique enough. Come on, I for one am looking forward to this so much and will make a great addition to DHS.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
2015? or late 2014?? :D that would probably be the trip after my next trip lol
I think construction on Carsland in CA started in July 2009 (not sure of that so correct me if im wrong) so it took about 3 years to build. It was originally announced in 2007. I would assume since it's a clone of something they already built it should not take more time than the original and probably less. If they announce it soon and break ground by the end of the year I would guess some time in 2016. Maybe a little sooner. 2014 seems too aggressive.

Mem11

This Forum is very funny at times. I for one am excited for this news, but am shocked over the negativity! Most people on here were BEGGING for something new and now we possibly get it AND... well errr maybe its not unique enough. Come on, I for one am looking forward to this so much and will make a great addition to DHS.

Hey, head on out to California and you won't have to wait...:)

doctornick

Wow, I was excited when Spirit broke the news a few weeks back, but that excitement has quickly turned to disappointment. Yes it is something new (finally), but the lack of creative thinking is astounding. I guess we will never see any new attractions at WDW that arent going to be, or meant to be in two parks. Everything we have gotten since Everest has a copy in another park. Losing LMA doesnt sound too bad, but here's to hoping this isn't true. Thanks for cheaping out again TDO

Well, let's wait for announcements to determine if TDO has "cheaped out". I think it's likely that RSR isn't the only thing that will happen even if it will be the headliner.

Also, in terms of unique attractions, the entire Beauty and the Beast section is unique to Florida and looks to be pretty stunning. I know it's not a ride, but it's certainly something of value. Also, smaller things like the Casey Jr Splash area and Pete's Sideshow are unique (admittedly, they are just minor attractions).

In terms of rides, it's a refurb, but Test Track is unique to WDW. And Pandora will be if/when it is built.

doctornick

We need RSR.....not some watered down baby ride.... as far as additional rides in the land by all means add the all ages rides galore!

Need? DHS certainly needs more rides, but one thing it doesn't lack if headlining E-tickets -- RNR and ToT are both as good as any headliners at a Disney park and TSMM and Star Tours are also top notch. What DHS severely lacks is high quality family rides, which is a big reason why TSMM is always so packed.

I'd love to see RSR added, but that alone doesn't solve the major problem in terms of attractions at DHS. I'm curious that if the Monsters Inc door coaster happens, what will that be like in terms of thrill and height restrictions? Because there has to be something added for the younger set.

MUTZIE77

Well, let's wait for announcements to determine if TDO has "cheaped out". I think it's likely that RSR isn't the only thing that will happen even if it will be the headliner.

Also, in terms of unique attractions, the entire Beauty and the Beast section is unique to Florida and looks to be pretty stunning. I know it's not a ride, but it's certainly something of value. Also, smaller things like the Casey Jr Splash area and Pete's Sideshow are unique (admittedly, they are just minor attractions).

In terms of rides, it's a refurb, but Test Track is unique to WDW. And Pandora will be if/when it is built.

I know the attraction itself will cost big bucks, they cheaped out by cloning an attraction instead of paying for WDI to create a unique attraction.

Yes the New FLE will be stunning, I just cant count a glorified M&G and a new restaurant as attractions. Same goes for pete's silly meet and greet and caseys splash area.

WDW needs a few Carslands that, well, arent carsland

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom