DHS CARS LAND

prberk

This Forum is very funny at times. I for one am excited for this news, but am shocked over the negativity! Most people on here were BEGGING for something new and now we possibly get it AND... well errr maybe its not unique enough. Come on, I for one am looking forward to this so much and will make a great addition to DHS.

I think that there are two things going on here, among Disney fans who would NOT want to see this happen:

1. Many genuinely feel that Disneyland resort, as host of Walt's original park, (and yes, I am including California Adventure in this) deserves its own unique rides. Walt Disney World is a huge resort, and for years got all of the attention, with most things in Disneyland, even though they were the original, being treated like the small second cousin to Disney World. It could not compete in size, and nearly everything was cloned in WDW. Disney World had nearly everything that DisneyLAND had, plus a lot more. So, especially since it could never compete in size, it was always nice to Disney fans when Disneyland had something unique, that WDW did NOT have.

2. We do want to see something new here -- to give DHS itself something new, something truly new.

So, I think the main thing is that we like what they did for DCA in Carsland, but perhaps (1) they deserve their own unique shiny, new attraction, and (2) so does DHS.

puntagordabob

Need? DHS certainly needs more rides, but one thing it doesn't lack if headlining E-tickets -- RNR and ToT are both as good as any headliners at a Disney park and TSMM and Star Tours are also top notch. What DHS severely lacks is high quality family rides, which is a big reason why TSMM is always so packed.

I'd love to see RSR added, but that alone doesn't solve the major problem in terms of attractions at DHS. I'm curious that if the Monsters Inc door coaster happens, what will that be like in terms of thrill and height restrictions? Because there has to be something added for the younger set.

They should bring the Monsters Inc dark ride that they have in DCA...not a coaster. In all fairness there are a lot of things for families to do at DHS.... Muppets...Little Mermaid...the former Playhouse Disney...Toy Story Mania...Star Tours... etc....

If they need more then there is always the MK which is filled to the brim with "all ages" attractions.....

I do agree though that they need to bring multiple attractions to DHS

JustInTime

I want to hear more about Lights, Motor, Action! I don't understand why it's having legal issues. And would this impact Paris? If so, could Paris be getting the same expansion? If it really is a legal issue it would make sense. Plus it would be cheaper for TDO and Paris could use the attraction.

M.rudolf

I was one of the first people on this forum to declare how amazed guests' would be by the new Carsland. I can read specs and get a very good idea of what it will be like. I didn't even need the concept art. Basically this was Everest on steroids so it was not difficult to imagine it. I am sure that if you had to physically see a project to conceptualize it Imagineering would not exist. (It is silly to declare otherwise). But of course Imagineering does exist because some people have the ability to conceptualize in great detail. Call it a gift.

I am not sure what a Carsland would look like at DHS because I have not heard any of the conceptual ideas. It is possible details are still being worked. But mark my words, there is no way on earth they are cloning the rockwork at DCA. Whatever they do it will be nothing like the scope of the DCA version. If they announce that I will quit these boards. And your post and others like it, once again, underestimates just what WDI is capable of. Look at how different the exteriors of the LM attractions are.

All based on the assumption the rumor is true.
When it happens be prepared to quit. Why do you always have to make a thread about you this is wdwmagic, not arrogantjtandhisinflatedego.com

M.rudolf

I don't pray, but I'm willing to start ... can I get an amen or multiples?

BTW, old pal, RSRs doesn't work without the rockwork, the sense of place ... they'd have to design an entirely new Cars-themed ride using the same ride system and characters, but it would have to be almost like a dark ride themed to Cars 2 with one or two limited outdoor scenes. Possible? Sure. Likely? Not on YOUR life.
Amen keep with the sermon

Patricia Melton

FINALLY SOMETHING FOR THE DUDES!!! My boys (and I) are sick as can be of the constant princess additions. LOVE LOVE LOVE Cars and hope like crazy this is true.

I would be careful about limiting things to gender. My son was a "dude" and he always loved the princess things. There are a lot of little boys who love princess things and imagining themselves as Prince Phillip or Aladdin or Flynn Rider and there are little girls who love the Cars characters and stomping around like the Queen of the Pirates.

I am not big on saying this is for boys and this is for girls because i think each gender can find play roles in whatever attraction. The only thing I will say in all of the parks that IS exclusively for little girls is Bibbidi Bobbodi Boutique. I know some parents take little boys in there to put glitter in their hair or whatever but that to me is just a special thing for girls.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I would be careful about limiting things to gender. My son was a "dude" and he always loved the princess things. There are a lot of little boys who love princess things and imagining themselves as Prince Phillip or Aladdin or Flynn Rider and there are little girls who love the Cars characters and stomping around like the Queen of the Pirates.

I am not big on saying this is for boys and this is for girls because i think each gender can find play roles in whatever attraction. The only thing I will say in all of the parks that IS exclusively for little girls is Bibbidi Bobbodi Boutique. I know some parents
take little boys in there to put glitter in their hair or whatever but that to me is just a special thing for girls.
I don't think there is any need to be careful when saying something like the princess are for girls and Cars is for guys.
Of course there will always be exceptions to the rule - my daughter loves all kinds of dude things - star wars, comic books, etc.
but I would be remiss to say anything outside of she is a DEFINTE exception.

Not too mention why are we even pointing out some random comment that a poster accurately makes about something new and exciting being for the boys....when there's something new and exciting!???

fractal

Ideally I would have loved to see them use RSR layout and retheme it - a StarWars theme would have been perfect.

However, if the do bring Carsland to DHS I would be almost as happy. I had the opportunity to see CL a few weeks ago and it is magnificent. It would be an incredible expansion of PixarPlace. I say this with all due apologizes to my Disneyland friends that I know want to keep CL all for themselves. I understand that. But from a business perspective, its much easier to spend money on a proven "homerun" than to take a chance with something different.

koryadams

No! Here are my reasons why:
Why take out and put in something else? EXPAND!!!! Not replace....the park is too small!!!
California Adventure needs authentic attractions and lands!
Disney can do so much better with a new land and expanding the park in a different way!
The reason Kathy moved to Florida was for Avatar Land most likely!
Boy I really hope this is a rumor only!

t3techcom18

I agree with many of the other posters - Fix the park first BEFORE adding anything new (unless they really want to pull a DCA and do everything at once; considering TDO loves the moolah, probably next to never).

I'd be surprised if they sent it here, either full on Cars Land or just RSR.

I'd rather personally leave it for DCA as an original and an exclusive. We NEED something original and exclusive to keep everything in tow. Safe bets doesn't lead to great possibilities, creatively speaking.

Think about it: When's the last time we've had a full-on original attraction that wasn't based off anything? 2006 with Everest. Everything since then has been expansions or re-imagined rides. DHS has SO many canned ideas for rides and lands: WDI...USE THEM.

Lastly, while having two of the same exact ride system on one property is a bit...odd and not a smart decision in my book, what further propels that idea is how much of a pain the TT ride system is. If TT STILL broke down at least once every week or two weeks before closing in April, you're going to have not one but two attractions with the same type of issues.

Magenta Panther

I haven't been to Carsland or the new DCA at all, in fact...not yet...so I can't comment on the attraction's quality. All I can say is that Cars is the only Pixar film I've disliked. So I'm not over the moon about this "news". Like others here, I would be happier if something new and innovative were going into the Studios, something on the same level as ToT. But it might all be whispers and moonshine after all...

Flip83

I honestly think it will be a smaller carsland version. Which is fine to me. But i would like them to start over by that lights motors action show and connect it with Pixar area. It gives them room to expand more and more and give Pixar a huge portion of that back area that desperately needs attention. They need a decent amount of new attractions with this. And they need to be more family rides than thrill. 1 thrill and a few family rides. I still dont know why that playground hasnt become a Bugs Life play area yet. It just seems so fitting

Flip83

I haven't been to Carsland or the new DCA at all, in fact...not yet...so I can't comment on the attraction's quality. All I can say is that Cars is the only Pixar film I've disliked. So I'm not over the moon about this "news". Like others here, I would be happier if something new and innovative were going into the Studios, something on the same level as ToT. But it might all be whispers and moonshine after all...

I can agree with some things here. I would like its own unique rides. No clones. Nor do i want any dumbed down clones. But putting a big chunk of it to Cars is smart for business. Cars is HUGE. My nephews watch it overrrrr and overrrr lol. And they arent the only ones like that. Cars movies will be endless classics for children for many years.

spacemt354

Chili's
I like Cars coming to DHS. I used to think it should stay in DCA, but I've had a change of heart after visiting DHS for myself last week, because where the park is lacking is not thrills (which RSR would bring) but it's lacking in cohesive theme lands and areas, especially in the back of the park by Pixar Place/Backlot/LMA. Expanding Pixar Place is a nice addition to the park and will make it a true Pixar Place Land (maybe change HISTK playset to Bug's Life too while you're at it). I hope this comes true. It will bring some much needed life to DHS on a grand scale, (hopefully it will bring down the TSMM wait times...one can only hope)

I also feel that if this is true and Carsland indeed comes to DHS, this should be a great time to be a WDW fan! I wouldn't nag too much about the duplicity of the concept because Carsland doesn't bring something 'original' and 'novel' to DHS. When Avatar was announced (which is a new concept) that was still met with mixed reviews as well, with some arguing that Avatar isn't Disney, or it wasn't that good of a movie, or other complaints that have spread since its inception.

So even novel concepts won't be met with completely positive responses, and who knows what the outcome of those large investments may be once they are open. Some may say,TDO is not taking a chance on a new concept like Monstropolis or something of that nature. They can't afford too many more hicups in design. DHS and other disney parks too, need a shot in the arm to combat the rising competition. Carsland has already been a great success, and I am so thankful that I have the opportunity to see it for myself this Christmas. But on the east coast, we don't have the luxury of flying out to the west coast all the time. This is like a once in a blue moon type deal. Disney World is much closer for us. So I don't see what the problem is of taking a concept that has already been met with rave reviews and bringing it to Disney World. It is a guaranteed success that should make everyone who has been begging for a new WDW E-ticket happy. And it won't be the first time successful attractions have been moved back and forth, west to east, east to west, and around the world.

I for one am fully on board with this if it's true and I can't wait for what the future holds in store for WDW :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom