DHS CARS LAND

FrankLapidus

I wouldn't be sorry to see something new added to DHS, even if it is a clone; the park is so badly lacking in rides that Radiator Springs Racers would be a more than welcome addition for me. I've never been a fan of LMA so I can't say I'll miss that while the Backlot Tour is such a woeful shadow of what it used to be it feels almost like it needs to finally be put out of it's misery. Perhaps this is wishful thinking on my part but I'm still hoping for some kind of expansion in Pixar Place and would really love to see some of the studio's other films brought into the park in some way.

WDW1974

I was one of the first people on this forum to declare how amazed guests' would be by the new Carsland. I can read specs and get a very good idea of what it will be like. I didn't even need the concept art. Basically this was Everest on steroids so it was not difficult to imagine it. I am sure that if you had to physically see a project to conceptualize it Imagineering would not exist. (It is silly to declare otherwise). But of course Imagineering does exist because some people have the ability to conceptualize in great detail. Call it a gift.

I am not sure what a Carsland would look like at DHS because I have not heard any of the conceptual ideas. It is possible details are still being worked. But mark my words, there is no way on earth they are cloning the rockwork at DCA. Whatever they do it will be nothing like the scope of the DCA version. If they announce that I will quit these boards. And your post and others like it, once again, underestimates just what WDI is capable of. Look at how different the exteriors of the LM attractions are.

All based on the assumption the rumor is true.

I don't pray, but I'm willing to start ... can I get an amen or multiples?

BTW, old pal, RSRs doesn't work without the rockwork, the sense of place ... they'd have to design an entirely new Cars-themed ride using the same ride system and characters, but it would have to be almost like a dark ride themed to Cars 2 with one or two limited outdoor scenes. Possible? Sure. Likely? Not on YOUR life.

WDW1974

Jeez, you are a tough grader.

I trust the source, but sometimes people are fed information and sometimes things get lost in the translation.

I don't believe that's the case here ... but I am afraid all the talk we're doing isn't going to make the situation clearer at all. Still, anything but discussing social media, right?:)

jt04

I don't pray, but I'm willing to start ... can I get an amen or multiples?

BTW, old pal, RSRs doesn't work without the rockwork, the sense of place ... they'd have to design an entirely new Cars-themed ride using the same ride system and characters, but it would have to be almost like a dark ride themed to Cars 2 with one or two limited outdoor scenes. Possible? Sure. Likely? Not on YOUR life.

I give this rumor about a 40% chance of being right. Cars 2? Of course not. Dark ride? Well that makes some sense.

MissingDisney

Most of the attractions in the park are gender neutral or for boys.

To clarify, I mentioned "additions", referring to all the new FLE stuff, Mermaid-girl, Snow White-girl, Rapunzel-girl, Belle-girl and so on. Certainly the FLE area will be great but when I was showing it to my kids, the response was "Those are all a bunch of girl movies!" Cars-related theming would be nice, not necessarily a copy-cat of Carsland. Just my ticket-payin' opinion.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I trust the source, but sometimes people are fed information and sometimes things get lost in the translation.

I don't believe that's the case here ... but I am afraid all the talk we're doing isn't going to make the situation clearer at all. Still, anything but discussing social media, right?:)
I'm sure Disney's social media team is working OT right now, so if you've got something you'd like them to see/hear, the timing is right.

I do hope Bulb isn't having any problems based off of this though. He is a trustworthy poster, who doesn't tow the company line.

juan

It's a safe bet that Luigi's isn't coming because of the problems with the DCA version. If it does come, I'd love to see some sort of Aquatopia variant.

The tires were a great idea, but how about some regular bumper cars or another flat ride?

TalkingHead

I still don't understand how Carsland would help solve the problem of DHS's disjointed, hodge-podge theme. Unless they're planning to make the park "Half Pixar and Half Everything Else Studios."

But at least it would be something new and it would be a bona-fide E-ticket.

'Course, makes it likely I'd skip DCA next time I'm in SoCal, too.

asianway

I'm sure Disney's social media team is working OT right now, so if you've got something you'd like them to see/hear, the timing is right.

I do hope Bulb isn't having any problems based off of this though. He is a trustworthy poster, who doesn't tow the company line.
I'm sure someone in that fiefdom justified 24/7 monitoring. Until the next round of layoffs...

Turtle

So will it likely be like: Radiator Springs Racers, and the curios shop at the end of the exit dock? And this would be somehow connected to Pixar Place hopefully?! It doesn't make sense to have it in the other side of the park when there's a Pixar land dying for a second attraction.

afar28

So will it likely be like: Radiator Springs Racers, and the curios shop at the end of the exit dock? And this would be somehow connected to Pixar Place hopefully?! It doesn't make sense to have it in the other side of the park when there's a Pixar land dying for a second attraction.
If it isn't in Pixar place it wouldn't make sense. It probably will be in Pixar Place if it's just RSR and a shop.

WDWFigment

Yes. I know I was asked to not discuss LMA as part of any revamping of the Studios park. I'm wondering if someone is trying to entrap LightBulb ... and I'd hope not.

Nice to see you back in these parts, Tom ... I mentioned you in a post (actually crediting you for admitting on your Blog that Disney paid for your Grand Cali room/villa and it just disappeared from the post ... but I do want to credit you for doing what 90% of the online social media contingent refuses to do!)

It's been a busy couple of weeks (took an amazing trip to Rocky Mountain National Park thanks to an awesome airfare grab through Airfarewatchdog last weekend!). I'm in a lull right now with nothing much going on for the next week, but will be busy from then until we get back from Paris/London (finally booked the airfare--non-refundable, so it's a done deal; thanks for the advice!).

Odd that the post disappeared. I made some disparaging remarks about the Disboards a couple of weeks ago (in reply to you) and a big chunk of my post was removed (to the point where it didn't even make sense). I have no problem with people talking about me on the boards...as long as it's all nice things! ;)

As you probably gathered from my review of GCH, I thought it was nice, but not flagship hotel nice. Someday we'll stay at Disneyland Hotel, but for now my go-to is Desert Inn across the street. I know you can get cheaper further away, but I like being close...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom