DHS CARS LAND

WDW1974

I'm wondering if sending ONLY RSR and not the whole land might be a way to appease Uncle John. The only way to get the full experience would be to go out West. It might be the only way to get him to sign off on the whole idea.

Then in exchange for not getting the whole town, slap the door coaster in SS1 as has been (apparently) on the table for years.

There is one way John could stop it dead in his tracks. And I am deadly serious, since he has threatened over other issues ... he could simply say, if you copy it, I'm gone and, no, I won't even show up when you open it and it to the bloggers and podcasters and no-life... I mean media.

JL says no, it won't be coming.

He is the most powerful man at TWDC today because he brings in billions annually that Disney can cross promote over multiple business units and platforms.

I've said this before, but if he said to the BoD that tomorrow either Bob Iger writes a letter of resignation or I do, The Weatherman would have to find some new office space.

WDW1974

I'm guessing it's all the people. The wait time is almost never under two hours and it never catches a break. I really don't know, I'm just guessing. It could be anything, but I'm not worrying about it because it's a brand new ride and it takes a lot for the ride to be kept up.

Have you ridden? I know I should know this, but it was a long work day after a long week and I am working this Labor Day Weekend (so clearly NOT Top 1% ... but working on it!)

Californian Elitist

Have you ridden? I know I should know this, but it was a long work day after a long week and I am working this Labor Day Weekend (so clearly NOT Top 1% ... but working on it!)

Will be soon! I had jaw surgery right when Cars Land opened so I haven't been to the DLR in months but I'll be there next month for Halloween. Oh and FYI, so far, reportedly Doc Hudson is the only thing not working at the moment.

WDW1974

So Disney/TDO wants Carsland because it's a safe bet. At this point, isn't it fair to say that any Pixar attraction is a safe bet? While some may be panned by people on these boards, I can't think of an instance where a Pixar attraction was less popular than the attraction it replaced.

Even the cheaper Pixar lands (Toy Story Playland and A Bugs Land) have proven to be quite popular. An investment into quality attractions based on Pixar properties will succeed because of that familiarity. Three dark rides based on Up, Ratatouille and Wall-E will still be successful in some capacity.

I can't believe I am answering these ... why am I not on that other board discussing politics ... at least that insanity is important.

WDW Co wants a guaranteed smash ... like Potter. They don't have that and it's looking more by the day like the won't happen before 2017 IF AT ALL Pandora deal (and, yes, I read Disney and More's opinion that Avatar is coming to Paris, I fundamentally disagree) is fading back more. Every attraction they've opened in FL in the last 6-7-8 years hasn't really been much of anything (even EE because it wasn't built right and they haven't fixed it) worth crowing about.

So, what was WDW's last smash as an attraction? Soarin.
What was WDW's last moderate smash as an attraction? TSMM.

WHat do they both have in common?

If it works in Anaheim, it'll work in the swamps.

you don't see Mission Space or Stitch's Great Esacpe or Mickey's PhilharMagic or the AIE being recreated out west do you?

Longhairbear

I've ridden it twice during the first month it was open. The tractors weren't working, but I didn't know that as it was my first ride thru. My third try, was foiled when the attraction went down just before closing.
With that said, I still think it is the best attraction Disney has done in many years.

WDW1974

Cars caters to the male age demograph that is covered by princesses for girls.

Every supermarket stocks the two, both the princess stuff and Cars. The girl sleeps in a pink room with a Belle bedsheet, the boy has got a blue room with Cars bedsheet. This is the relevance of Cars, why Disney pushes it.

Personally, I think that girls are drawn of themselves to princess stuff. They love it. Girls all dream of being Ariel, they all get it and respond to it. Whereas boys react mostly lukewarm to Cars stuff. No boy dreams of being Tow Mater. Boys are notoriously difficult to find presents for. But they parents want to buy them some, and Disney has managed to fill the gap, with a merchandise line the parents think the boys love. It is the parents who buy it for them, for no other reason than that it is there, it are cars, and it is Disney.

Hey, that's sexist. Lee dreams of being Ariel. He even sings like her. We need to get him an audition at WDW.

WDW1974

I was just getting ready to say the same thing. The ride is not terrible! It's cute for a kiddie ride and the smells are great!

I can't agree. It resembles something that you see at a high end mall.

It was a huge missed opportunity as it could have been a longer ride with indoor scenes around and through the entire land. Instead it's something, much like Dino-rama, that could be removed completely in a day or two.

Californian Elitist

It was a huge missed opportunity as it could have been a longer ride with indoor scenes around and through the entire land. Instead it's something, much like Dino-rama, that could be removed completely in a day or two.

I don't take it seriously at all. Maybe that's why I don't mind it. Not to mention a bugs land is entirely kiddie. Not one ride there that isn't kiddie. I'll admit I love my Casey much more, but I don't think the Chew Chew Train is all that bad. I know I'm in the minority. I love the smells.

WDW1974

It was a public company during Walt's time too - for the majority of it's time actually. And Walt was much more under the gun to his bankers then the company is today. But it's not about public vs private.. it's more about what is expected from public companies today in the open market, digital exchange era, vs what was expected of companies back in the 40-60s.

It's about pleasing Wall Street and analysts ... and there is inherent and systemic corruption (as the 2007-2012 and counting financial collapse has shown) in Big Business and banking sectors. And the politcians (on both sides, just a whole lot worse on one) are almost all on the take.

If we continue down the current path, we'll be a lot worse than simply the nation in severe decline (but still with delusions of grandeur ... like the 62-year-old at the singles bar that thinks she can pass for 35) we are now.

Longhairbear

I don't take it seriously at all. Maybe that's why I don't mind it. Not to mention a bugs land is entirely kiddie. Not one ride there that isn't kiddie. I'll admit I love my Casey much more, but I don't think the Chew Chew Train is all that bad. I know I'm in the minority. I love the smells.
I have to agree with you. Chew always gives me a laugh.

WDW1974

So, any insiders want to venture a guess as to when we might hear something official about RSR or Carsland at DHS? Or is this far away from being announced?

Gut feeling. Not anytime soon for an announcement, but some serious construction work (the entire project isn't simply RSRs, after all) that will raise speculation and likely drive me away from these boards for a few months because peeps are just jumping to all sorts of 53 page thread conclusions.

And what happened to Bulb? Did the power company shut him down? He started the damn thread and as much as I like and respect the dude, I think he should deal with some of the inane fallout!

Cosmic Commando

Every ride ever built has had things cut or effects that could be added. I kinda get what you're saying, but Heimlich's doesn't bother me because it never pretended to be anything more than what it is. Compare that to something like Mission: Space, where you sit in the Claustrophobiainator watch a circa 2000 video game and it was supposed to be the next big thing that was cloned all around the world!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
No one could blame you.

I do blame Lightbulb. I think he may have had a short circuit when he started the thread ... 'cause nothing has been decided and this insanity continues.

Look, I understand that WDW is basically stale, neglected and boring as hell these days (getting off the Pixie Dust makes people honest), but when there's nothing to talk about you just don't keep going back and forth ... let's talk about how wonderful Twitter is instead ... BTW, anyone here own FB stock?:D
Technically, you started this about a month ago in your DL vs WDW thread. That was the first I heard of RSR coming to FL anyway. Maybe I'm just reading into this too much, but are you hearing that this might not happen now?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Technically, you started this about a month ago in your DL vs WDW thread. That was the first I heard of RSR coming to FL anyway. Maybe I'm just reading into this too much, but are you hearing that this might not happen now?
It was never a done deal. It's very possible but nothing is signed, as it were.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom