DHS CARS LAND

John

It was never a done deal. It's very possible but nothing is signed, as it were.

Sadly, thats where I am with this. I will be skeptical till I see concrete evidence that something is happening. I believe Bulb, 74 and the rest. They are giving whatever evidence they have seen. But after the last couple of years I have become very hesitant to anykind of blue sky news. Heck even these blue pages was running a banner that Avatarland was comming. Now that seems to have went the way of Hyperion Wharf. DTD? I wont even get started on that. For me .....it is same as usaual. Besides some info from our resident insiders what hard concrete evidence is there that this is going to happen? I am not doubting them....just have become leary.

The whole Johnboy vs TWDC is noteworthy. People of that status have huge egos and when it comes down to a peepee match oh Johnboy will win everytime. WDW is a victim of its own success....till now. Between what the economy has done, Potterland and the fact that some have finally seen that there has been nothing new added. Have been skipping the world. FLE to me has been frustrateing at best. I understand why but dont like the fact that they are opening segments of it over a period of years. Did UNI do that with Potter? I think the reason SDMC is so far behind was because it was basically a last minute change. If it had been in the original plan it may have been done in time.

So here we are....nothing but blue sky news about Carsland...I will reserve my excitment till I see actual construction. If it wasnt for the fact that I am taking my grandaughter on her first visit to WDW, I would skip it for another year. What would I see that wasnt there three yrs ago? a new M&G, a new resturant and a duplicate of a ride that has been around since the park opened? Seriously? Yea...that makes me want to jump on a plane!

techee

Most of these are rumors set by a huge desire of wanting something put in another park. I feel like this is what is going on with RSR and Carsland. A whole lot of people are wanting this ride to come over to HS, after a huge success over at DCA. They want go to drastic measures with their ideas on how they would place it in. And it's all because of Kathy Mangum, the person who helped create Carsland, "relocated to Florida. All we know, she could be helping with a completely different project. And yes, there is an imagineering office around Hollywood Studios (there's also one around EPCOT I think as well). As of now, it is still a rumored idea, or blue sky. If this is going in, I too want an announcement and/or concept art. In this way, I can either agree with you guys or prove your desires to be wrong and easily shoot it down.

Edit: I don't think there's any building like that near the parks, but I thought it was, and still there still is. However, there is an imagineering building in that area.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Most of these are rumors set by a huge desire of wanting something put in another park. I feel like this is what is going on with RSR and Carsland. A whole lot of people are wanting this ride to come over to HS, after a huge success over at DCA. They want go to drastic measures with their ideas on how they would place it in. And it's all because of Kathy Mangum, the person who helped create Carsland, "relocated to Florida. All we know, she could be helping with a completely different project. And yes, there is an imagineering office around Hollywood Studios (there's also one around EPCOT I think as well). As of now, it is still a rumored idea, or blue sky. If this is going in, I too want an announcement and/or concept art. In this way, I can either agree with you guys or prove your desires to be wrong and easily shoot it down.

Edit: I don't think there's any building like that near the parks, but I thought it was, and still there still is. However, there is an imagineering building in that area.
And this is the news and RUMORS section of the forum. What is the problem with speculating about a rumor? I haven't seen anyone saying it is a fact or guaranteed.

heatherkatheleen

well the PIXAR PLACE will kind of have a little feel to the ride area for example: Ratatouille ride and restaurant will feel like Paris, UP playset would feel like the wild, Toy Story looks miniature, Cars would look like a smaller Carsland
I don't know.. I feel like a whole land dedicated to one area will be much more impactful and much more immersive. However, I do think Pixar Place also has its benefits (it can feature more than just one film) which guests may prefer.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

But this rumor goes beyond just fanboy desires, someone with reliable information has reported that this is at least being seriously considered by Disney management.

Scuttle

Two years ago carsland would've been enough to beat UNI now they are going to need much more

I agree. I meant a full Pixar Place expansion is the only thing that can counter. Not just carsland. Carsland can compete with merch sales though and I think that's the main reason they are leaning towards it.

Taylor

I agree. I meant a full Pixar Place expansion is the only thing that can counter. Not just carsland. Carsland can compete with merch sales though and I think that's the main reason they are leaning towards it.
Oh yeah cars would crush anything with merch sales. So would toy story and a full star wars land (but one could dream about that ever happening)

MerlinTheGoat

It was never a done deal. It's very possible but nothing is signed, as it were.
But isn't John Lasseter against bringing RSR to WDW? If he's as powerful as insiders say he is (which makes sense), and if he's as against as they say he is (which also makes sense), it really doesn't sound like there's a very good chance of RSR coming to WDW. And from '74's comments on the matter, there's a very good chance he WILL veto bringing the ride to WDW and actually has enough power to stop it if he threatens to resign or whatever. Correct me if i'm wrong here Martin, Lee, Spirit, Lightbulb, or whoever has the info. But what chance does WDW really have for such an attraction if Lasseter is completely against it enough to threaten resignation and hold hostage whatever else he has as leverage over the company?

I guess it's a good time to mention that I am in no way in favor of a clone over a completely original E-ticket attraction that is just as good if not better than an attraction from another park. But if the ONLY choices were between a clone or nothing (or even another Meet and Greet or lesser ride) and you twisted my arm to choose a preference, i'd pick a clone. My ranking for attraction types as follows from best to worst-

1- New, original awesome rides
2- Good or improved clones of rides
3- Inferior clones of good rides
4- New crappy attractions or nothing at all

An example of an inferior clone of a good ride would be something like WDW's Pirates of the Caribbean. Good or improved clone would be WDW's Splash Mountain (superior to Disneyland's when the show quality is acceptable). #4 is a distant one from the others obviously. Example of a crappy attraction is Imagination versions 2 and 3. It's bad enough that it actually annoys me to ride it more than just avoid it entirely, so I wouldn't say it's much better (if any) than having nothing.

I'd certainly LIKE something awesome and unique that WDW can call all its own, the original Epcot is absolute proof that it can and should be done if given the proper budget and care. But really, what ARE the chances of getting something like that when considering the people currently in charge of the company and WDW? I'd love to be wrong here, but between a clone vs crap/nothing, I'm inclined to take the clone. Not happy to say that, but the fact that Disney is considering bringing RSR over seems to indicate there's little to no chance of any really great original ideas anyways...

IWant2GoNow

I haven't said a whole lot on this subject because it still seems very much on the fence as to whether or not this will happen. This thread has tumbled through so many off-topic arguments about airfare, cloning, Walt quotes, etc. that I'm not sure why I read through all of it thus far. Not that many of you care what I have to say but here's my take on it all.

Carsland, along with the rest of the DCA makeover, is sucking me out to Cali in the next year or so for my first trip. I feel I owe it to myself as a Disney fan to also experience "Walt's park". Disney seems to have finally created something so immersive stateside that it has finally made me pull my WDW blinders off. This is what Carsland was meant to do for DCA. Increase the number of visitors outside of the loyal locals. It's working & DCA has been turned into a must-see destination for just about any Disney fan stateside.

IMO, if DHS were to take on a direct copy of Carsland, I believe this might leave DCA crippled again. All of the people who were interested to visit Cali, like myself, would they just wait it out, save the money, & just go to WDW instead? I wouldn't, but I, like most of you, am not a normal Disney vacationer. I'm a diehard so I'll make the trip to Cali regardless because I REALLY want to go out there. Most other families would probably then begin "cost savings mode" & say it's just cheaper to go to WDW & there is more to do there anyway. Plus it won't be done for 2-3 years so we can save longer to go. So, to me, if Disney wants Carsland to continue propping up DCA for years to come then this NEEDS to stay exclusive to the west coast. And like most have already stated, JL will probably fight this with everything he has to keep it that way.

My other problem is with everyone saying that Carsland "is the only thing that can compete with Potter". Is it really? I understand the merchandise sells well, but to say out of all of the Disney & Pixar creations that THIS is the ONLY thing that could give Potter a run for his money? Why does it have to be one franchise? Couldn't they just use multiple attractions to sock it to the boy wizard? I bet every single one of us would be amazed at the plethora of WDI ideas that are not being used currently. There HAS to be a good, unique, boundary-pushing collection of rides that they could implement other than just making what they already have.

The success of Carsland is undeniable but if they had not taken the chance in building this ORIGINAL creation out in DCA we wouldn't even be having any of these discussions. The same should be done for DHS IMHO. Take the chance on an original, mind-blowing attraction or two & give the fans on the west coast something to clamor over to WDW for besides new restaurants, M&Gs, restrooms, & stale, 80's, or closed, Epcot pavilions.

Californian Elitist

I haven't said a whole lot on this subject because it still seems very much on the fence as to whether or not this will happen. This thread has tumbled through so many off-topic arguments about airfare, cloning, Walt quotes, etc. that I'm not sure why I read through all of it thus far. Not that many of you care what I have to say but here's my take on it all.

Carsland, along with the rest of the DCA makeover, is sucking me out to Cali in the next year or so for my first trip. I feel I owe it to myself as a Disney fan to also experience "Walt's park". Disney seems to have finally created something so immersive stateside that it has finally made me pull my WDW blinders off. This is what Carsland was meant to do for DCA. Increase the number of visitors outside of the loyal locals. It's working & DCA has been turned into a must-see destination for just about any Disney fan stateside.

IMO, if DHS were to take on a direct copy of Carsland, I believe this might leave DCA crippled again. All of the people who were interested to visit Cali, like myself, would they just wait it out, save the money, & just go to WDW instead? I wouldn't, but I, like most of you, am not a normal Disney vacationer. I'm a diehard so I'll make the trip to Cali regardless because I REALLY want to go out there. Most other families would probably then begin "cost savings mode" & say it's just cheaper to go to WDW & there is more to do there anyway. Plus it won't be done for 2-3 years so we can save longer to go. So, to me, if Disney wants Carsland to continue propping up DCA for years to come then this NEEDS to stay exclusive to the west coast. And like most have already stated, JL will probably fight this with everything he has to keep it that way.

My other problem is with everyone saying that Carsland "is the only thing that can compete with Potter". Is it really? I understand the merchandise sells well, but to say out of all of the Disney & Pixar creations that THIS is the ONLY thing that could give Potter a run for his money? Why does it have to be one franchise? Couldn't they just use multiple attractions to sock it to the boy wizard? I bet every single one of us would be amazed at the plethora of WDI ideas that are not being used currently. There HAS to be a good, unique, boundary-pushing collection of rides that they could implement other than just making what they already have.

The success of Carsland is undeniable but if they had not taken the chance in building this ORIGINAL creation out in DCA we wouldn't even be having any of these discussions. The same should be done for DHS IMHO. Take the chance on an original, mind-blowing attraction or two & give the fans on the west coast something to clamor over to WDW for besides new restaurants, M&Gs, restrooms, & stale, 80's, or closed, Epcot pavilions.

Yes, yes, YES.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom