DHS CARS LAND

Californian Elitist

Sure they do. We wanted Dreamfinder and Horizons back, and they were good enough to put them on t-shirts, pins, mugs, everything but an actual attraction and then overcharge us for them. They care what we think!

I'm mainly talking from a business standpoint, but even then... If they really cared, Snow White and Toad would still be at MK, and Carnation wouldn't be getting bulldozed right now at DL.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
But he was trying to repeat the success of the original Davey Crockett. People seem to forget that Disney was a businessman before all else. If he could make money off of it he would at least try.
Agreed, and we all know Cars in DHS is all about making money so we come full circle. Walt cloned rides in FL to make money. Current management is cloning rides in FL to make money.

Rasvar

Agreed, and we all know Cars in DHS is all about making money so we come full circle. Walt cloned rides in FL to make money. Current management is cloning rides in FL to make money.

There is a difference between cloning to get capital to build other projects versus cloning just because it is cheap and profitable. Walt needed money to reinvest into the larger Florida Project. Now, it is just trying to increase profit for shareholders. One reason long term and visionary where the other is short term and myopic.

But it is also the difference between being a private company, as it was when Walt had it versus a public company.

Turtle

As if Toy Story doesn't already do that...
but when Toy Story it it has completely different themes. Buzz Lightyear is a sci-fi the toy, and Midway Mania is like the films. The thing with Bug's Life is that Tough To Be A Bug and Flik's Flyers/ChewChew Train would visually look and feel the same. Buzz and Midway Mania feel completely different in my mind

GoofGoof

Premium Member
They can make something new like monstropolis with merchandise and resturants like cars land with the same budget. My problem is not allowing the parks to be unique.
Fair point. I would have no problem with something original either if that is the direction they went. I don't have an issue with duplicate rides in DL and WDW since I am not a frequent visitor to both parks and Carsland looks really well done. If I split times between both parks or if I was not impressed with the product in CA I would probably feel differently. I will probably head out to DL once over the next 10 years with much more frequent visits to WDW. Over that time I will get to enjoy RSR and whatever else they build at WDW. To flip it around, I would have no issue if they cloned every ride at WDW in CA. It would not impact my enjoyment of the rides at WDW at all and I travel to DL so infrequently that I wouldn't be negatively impacted by the duplication. of course this is just my opinion and I know some people do regularly visit both parks so I can see where they would not want the same rides in both places.

Another thing to consider, with RSR we know we are getting a real E ticket and a proven winner. What if they built something original but it didn't have an E ticket Or wasn't nearly as good (see numerous threads about 7 dwarves mine train).

Rasvar

I need to correct one small thing. WDC did go public in 1957. However, Walt and the family were still majority shareholders. Slight difference.

invader

but when Toy Story it it has completely different themes. Buzz Lightyear is a sci-fi the toy, and Midway Mania is like the films. The thing with Bug's Life is that Tough To Be A Bug and Flik's Flyers/ChewChew Train would visually look and feel the same. Buzz and Midway Mania feel completely different in my mind
It's a shooter ride with Toy Story characters in it. One is 3d, one is arcade-style shooting. They're literally almost the same ride..

NoChesterHester

They can make something new like monstropolis with merchandise and resturants like cars land with the same budget. My problem is not allowing the parks to be unique.

It was said before, but Monsters Inc doesn't have the pull or the compelling environment on which to anchor a mega expansion.

I do agree that a unique solution could be done that would be just as good. Cars is the easy choice:

Turtle

It's a shooter ride with Toy Story characters in it. One is 3d, one is arcade-style shooting. They're literally almost the same ride..
that is right that they're both shooters but IMO they feel different. Buzz has more of a story of taking down Zurg and you go into space and you see physical sets, Midway is just spinning in front of a screen. Both are fantastic, and both feel different IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom