DHS CARS LAND

alissafalco

I haven't said a whole lot on this subject because it still seems very much on the fence as to whether or not this will happen. This thread has tumbled through so many off-topic arguments about airfare, cloning, Walt quotes, etc. that I'm not sure why I read through all of it thus far. Not that many of you care what I have to say but here's my take on it all.

Carsland, along with the rest of the DCA makeover, is sucking me out to Cali in the next year or so for my first trip. I feel I owe it to myself as a Disney fan to also experience "Walt's park". Disney seems to have finally created something so immersive stateside that it has finally made me pull my WDW blinders off. This is what Carsland was meant to do for DCA. Increase the number of visitors outside of the loyal locals. It's working & DCA has been turned into a must-see destination for just about any Disney fan stateside.

IMO, if DHS were to take on a direct copy of Carsland, I believe this might leave DCA crippled again. All of the people who were interested to visit Cali, like myself, would they just wait it out, save the money, & just go to WDW instead? I wouldn't, but I, like most of you, am not a normal Disney vacationer. I'm a diehard so I'll make the trip to Cali regardless because I REALLY want to go out there. Most other families would probably then begin "cost savings mode" & say it's just cheaper to go to WDW & there is more to do there anyway. Plus it won't be done for 2-3 years so we can save longer to go. So, to me, if Disney wants Carsland to continue propping up DCA for years to come then this NEEDS to stay exclusive to the west coast. And like most have already stated, JL will probably fight this with everything he has to keep it that way.

My other problem is with everyone saying that Carsland "is the only thing that can compete with Potter". Is it really? I understand the merchandise sells well, but to say out of all of the Disney & Pixar creations that THIS is the ONLY thing that could give Potter a run for his money? Why does it have to be one franchise? Couldn't they just use multiple attractions to sock it to the boy wizard? I bet every single one of us would be amazed at the plethora of WDI ideas that are not being used currently. There HAS to be a good, unique, boundary-pushing collection of rides that they could implement other than just making what they already have.

The success of Carsland is undeniable but if they had not taken the chance in building this ORIGINAL creation out in DCA we wouldn't even be having any of these discussions. The same should be done for DHS IMHO. Take the chance on an original, mind-blowing attraction or two & give the fans on the west coast something to clamor over to WDW for besides new restaurants, M&Gs, restrooms, & stale, 80's, or closed, Epcot pavilions.

All I have to say is Star Wars land!!!!!

Turtle

Has Lasseter even checked out the new fantasyland?? Cause for some reason I feel like he only cares about Disneyland

Californian Elitist

Listen to the difference of his excitement when he's talking about WDW and then when he's talking about DL

When speaking about the new fantasyland all he says is "Um.. good.. place.." and then when he talks about Disneyland his vocabulary magically grows.. -.- am i the only one who thinks this?

I don't think Lasseter tries to hide his love for DL and his feelings towards WDW. It's pretty obvious and he's clearly biased. He grew up near Disneyland, he worked there and I'm sure it being Walt's park as a lot to do with his feelings as well. He kind of reminds me of Walt Disney a little bit even.

I'm sure if someone here were to become an Imagineer, they'd be biased towards WDW. It's understandable.

cookiee_munster

as much as im going to hate myself saying this. the lord of the rings and hobbit franchise really are something disney should be wanting to acquire.

what with three films, and another three on the way i think its a good reason to leap on it and introduce a bit of middle earth to disney's hollywood studio's.

scrap avatar land. budget the money for rings instead and put that in the studio's rather than cars.

voila.

janoimagine

as much as im going to hate myself saying this. the lord of the rings and hobbit franchise really are something disney should be wanting to acquire.

what with three films, and another three on the way i think its a good reason to leap on it and introduce a bit of middle earth to disney's hollywood studio's.

scrap avatar land. budget the money for rings instead and put that in the studio's rather than cars.

voila.

What other three films ... the only one I am aware of is the Hobbit?

janoimagine

Really? Thats great to hear ... seemed like a lot to cram into one film. Any idea on how it is going to be spread out? 3 Years? 3 Months?

cookiee_munster

Really? Thats great to hear ... seemed like a lot to cram into one film. Any idea on how it is going to be spread out? 3 Years? 3 Months?

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey arrives on Dec 14 this year
The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug stil hits screens on December 13, 2013.
The Hobbit: There And Back Again will be in cinemas on July 18, 2014.

EDIT so, so sorry for the thread drift.

jt04

Listen to the difference of his excitement when he's talking about WDW and then when he's talking about DL

When speaking about the new fantasyland all he says is "Um.. good.. place.." and then when he talks about Disneyland his vocabulary magically grows.. -.- am i the only one who thinks this?

As far as I am concerned you may be the only one who genuinely believes it. Lasseter wrote a long memo about the reason the FLE was chosen and the reasons for the interactive queues and NextGen at WDW. I believe it was for internal use and is no longer available. But it was clear he is involved in every aspect of WDI and I think the FLE clearly demonstrates this.

What you are talking about is simply an urban legend created through the usual circle of suspects. They start these things and then the same exact people repeat it elsewhere. Same people everytime. It would be funny if it was not so pathetic.

PS- if someone offers to sell you a bridge, DON"T DO IT!

djlaosc

voila.

That depends on what they do with it. I'm sure the rumour that I read was that Disney wanted to put a scene into The Great Movie Ride, and Universal would take over the unused half of Toon Lagoon (Toon Lagoon Theater area) and create a whole land.

Now, whether that was just a joke or a real rumour, I don't know - but it probably wouldn't surprise me!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom