DHS CARS LAND

SpectroPhoenix

Maybe Monstropolis would create a potential Halloween event for the studios. In the month of October, the monsters go back to their roots and work on their scaring instead of the laughs. In terms of energy creation, does this make any sense? No, but it's an opportunity for another hard ticket event.

yeti

Magicbands.

39186819.jpg

JimboJones123

DHS Muppetvision gets way more crowds than DCA's and with a refub on the way I don't think it will go anywhere soon. Which brings me to this Question....If streets of America gets taken down what is the agreement with the Osborn Spectical of lights? I can't think of any other place they could put it..

The reason for that is because DHS is on life support. Guests are spinning for things to do and have the exact same satisfactionn rating when leaving ad DCA. The park simply needs 6-8 new attractions.

twebber55

I dont feel like Monstropolis would be as visually stunning as Carsland. For me it would depend on the quality of rides they put in and the extras they added to the city, if they went this direction. Monstropolis universe was more dependant on the characters within it, you had all of the different Monster's walking around, interacting, that's what made it fun and visually stimulating for myself. If Disney was able to pull off incorporating Monsters into the scenery then I am all for it. Like possibly having them in the windows, or attached to the buildings, just something that could make it feel like an actual Monstropolis and not just another cartoon city. I wont even get into what I would think would be great rides, because we all know that TDO will find a way to destroy those.

agree
im trying to figure out what they would do besides Door Coaster..it cant be a land like Cars land

orky8

That sounds bigger than adding Epcot. Or DHS. Or AK. Biggest expansion ever? No.

However, it may the biggest ever removal of attractions ever, with what is rumored to disappear from DHS to make room for this "expansion."

TRONorail10

First it was Carsland. Then Star Wars Land. Avatar is barely getting off the ground. And now Monstropolis. Once Disney officially announces something or the construction walls go up, then I can finally ease my mind...

WED99

I think they should ditch Cars Land and use the space for a small Monsters University area and Radiator Springs Racers. Then turn The Backlot into A Bugs Land to complete Pixar Place :)

Of course, I would hope the rest of the park would be improved upon and expanded to avoid it becoming "The park with Pixar".

PorterRedkey

After the DCA backlash following the "newish" Monsters Inc ride they already have, I would say no for the left coast. Besides, no more clones. Give guests a reason to bother visiting both coasts.
My first trip to DLR is next year. I had to give up a couple of trips to WDW to do it, but I am doing it finally.
I don't think all rides should be cloned, but rides like BTMRR or Splash are great and I can't image WDW without them.
I think I am just selfish and want it at WDW because WDW is closer and I know I will get to experience it sooner if built at DHS. I don't think it is really in the same category as BTMRR or Splash so maybe it doesn't need to be cloned for both US parks. I will make it back out there eventually.

Goofyernmost

I thought they were replacing Snow White with... Snow White. And adding a meet'n greet...?
You know, I've heard that before, but that isn't reality. Snow White (the ride) is gone. The thing that everyone was saying was the replacement is the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train...which is a 7 Dwarfs ride not a Snow White one. (Same movie, completely different story line) And the old location of Snow White Adventures was supposed to be turned into a Meet & Greet.

I haven't heard a word about the progress of that...does anyone know?

PorterRedkey

Update GMR, don't destroy it! It was and can be again a great ride. With a little money, and update tech this could be the must-see it once was. Losing Muppets 3D would be bad enough!

CinematicFusion

Exactly how many more threads do we need rehashing old screamscape and tpi speculations....until it's too much?

Apparently you have hit the limit. :) So are you saying those rumors are no go?
I'm just trying to put everything on the table so maybe an insider on this board can say this and that are happening and those other things aren't.

CinematicFusion

Biggest ever?

Hyperbole much?

You must not remember the early 90s at all.

You take that 7 year window (yes, at the snail's pace Disney works, one shouldn't expectanything sooner than 2020 to completed, especially since each one has been on the table 2 years already) from '89-'96, and the growth simply cannot be matched. They are not building an entire vacation kingdom here. Heck, this does not even match Diseyland's expansion of the late 90s early 00s.

I remember, I also did a thread on the late 90's-early 00's about what was built. So yeah..I Hyperbole some and I'm also a realist. Try to balance the two..
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/what-is-next-for-disney-for-2013-2019.856679/

"What's Next? 2009-2019?

I know their version of what is next was cancelled so let us speculate about the direction of DisneyWorld by looking at the past. Let us take the year 1998 to 2008 and compare them to 2009 to 2019.
From 1998 to the year 2008, Disney created these attractions for the Disney World parks.
1998: 1. Animal Kingdom opens up.
2. Fantasmic is open in DHS
1999: 1.Winnie the Pooh ride opens in MK (replaced Mr. Toads Wild Ride)
2. Test Track opens in Epcot
3. Rock'N Roller Coaster opens in DHS
2001: Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Opens
2003: 1. Mission Space opens in Epcot
2. Philimagic opens in MK
2005: 1. Soarin opens in Epcot
2006: 1. Expedition Everest opens in AK
2007: 1. Living Seas Refurb to Nemo Theme
2008: 1. Toy Story Mania opens in DHS

Where will Disney be going forward to 2019? From 2009 till present we have...
2009-2011? Not sure what great attractions opened at the parks?

2012: 1. Moved Dumbo ride to another location in park and added another spinner
2. Rethemed Barnstormer to Great Goofini
3. Opened Little Mermaid ride
4. Closed Snow White Scary Adventures
5. Test Track Refurb to Tron-like theme.
2013: Start construction of Avatar themed land?....Maybe???
2014: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train opens
2015-2019?.... what will be next? Looks like Disney has a lot to catch up on if it wants to keep pace with what they did during the 1998-2008 time period.
I didn't account for openings of restaurants or shops, meet and greets, nor did I add any value hotels in the mix. Did I miss anything? Is Disney about to explode with building plans for exciting attractions from 2015-2019?

What does the in the know crowd know? We hear rumors but that is all they are, just rumors. We heard rumors during the 1998 to 2008 period but we also saw rides being created or high end concept shows or deluxe resort hotels (Animal Kingdom Lodge) that are attractions themselves.

We haven't even seen Disney break ground on new concepts yet. Anything they start in 2013 will open in 2015.
(Still haven't started anything in 2013 and we are in late June!)
Can we please hear some feel good about the directions of the Disney World parks? What is Next for Disney World?"

....If all this starts to pan out...looks like I'm getting some of that feel good I asked for back in Dec.
Hope most of the rumors are true...we find out in August!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Why? There's multiple threads already.

As stated, the biggest single period of expansion was 1986-1992. Continuous building of The Living Seas, Norway, Wonders of Life, the entire Disney-MGM Studios and related infrastructure, the Caribbean Beach, Yacht and Beach Clubs, Swan and Dolphin, Vacation Club, Port Orleans and Dixie Landings and Splash Mountain.

So as you can see the current proposals are no where near the biggest expansion ever.

But yes, various options of the three listed DHS projects are being looked at. As the discussion in numerous other threads says.

cba

....If all this starts to pan out...looks like I'm getting some of that feel good I asked for back in Dec.
I do agree and I would be very happy if all the rumors were true, but in reality the most that will come out of it is one/two of the rumors, along with a possible Avatar update.

bubbles1812

screamscape doesn't make up news (i dont think) they report rumors as they are told to them just like wdwrumors does

I actually think this could be better than Carsland but then they need to relocate the laugh floor from MK plus focus more on the comedy than the scaring (I actually thought the second monsters movie could have been better if it continued on with the laughs creating energy rather than going back to monsters being scary)
My general impression from around here is that what Screamscape reports as rumor seems to be less accurate/more far fetched s lot of the time. I don't read the site so I don't have feelings either way about it.

But honestly, I would rather see them keep the Muppets rather than being in Monstropolis. If Carsland comes, I feel like we will have enough Pixar. Not to mention there is already a Monsters Inc attraction. Id rather see the alleged Monsters Inc Coaster themed to something else.

sweetpee_1993

We haven't even seen Disney break ground on new concepts yet. Anything they start in 2013 will open in 2015.
(Still haven't started anything in 2013 and we are in late June!)
Can we please hear some feel good about the directions of the Disney World parks? What is Next for Disney World?"

This is exactly the problem. Even when Disney announces things they don't seem to materialize for years afterward if at all. How many things have been announced but never happened? Or were announced but changed? Or have yet to happen? I would looooove to have good things happening at WDW. I'd be delighted if good things were sure to come to WDW. Unfortunately, all we have other than wrist bands, a restaurant, an omni mover, an additional Dumbo spinner, and a story-ish show-ish something are rumors, hopes, and years-old announcements that have yet to even break ground. The skeptic in me is absolutely a learned thing.

Even if they make big announcements in August......WHIZ! BANG!......there's no guarantee that what you get will even resemble what's announced if you get anything at all. And, if you get anything it'll likely be when your kids who were a great age for all those wonderful things when they were announced will be choosing which college to attend in the fall. Learned behavior.

bubbles1812

You know, I've heard that before, but that isn't reality. Snow White (the ride) is gone. The thing that everyone was saying was the replacement is the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train...which is a 7 Dwarfs ride not a Snow White one. (Same movie, completely different story line) And the old location of Snow White Adventures was supposed to be turned into a Meet & Greet.

I haven't heard a word about the progress of that...does anyone know?
I think it's suppose to open sometime towards the end of this year... You can tell people around here are very enthused by it coming given all the focus it gets around here ;) But don't quote me on that. Wouldn't surprise me if there is a delay.

JiminyandTink

I'm all for any and all of the Pixar expansions (excited actually), but I think DHS also needs to go back to it's roots and come up with something related to Hollywood, Movie Making etc. I mean if we tear down the backlot etc, to build these lands (which I'm perfectly ok with) but don't add anything else related to the parks intended theme, is it reallly "Hollywood Studios" anymore or is it "Disney's Pixar Park"?. I think a lot of people would say this is the problem that EPCOT's Future World has suffered over the years as it has slowly shifted away from it's core theme.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom