DHS CARS LAND

bubbles1812

Eh? Where do you get the "if construction starts in 2013, it will be open in 2015" @CinematicFusion? It's taking them four years to build a relatively simple coaster... The projected dates Ive seem for any of these projects, should they actually get built, has been no earlier than 2016, with most saying 2017 is more likely,

I don't want a Cars land - we need something unique for WDW.

I will be upset if VOTLM closes. I think it needs an update because it was the start of the Disney Renaissance, and the music is so important. I feel the ride has too much emphasis on the song 'Under the Sea' and i get sick of hearing it, sadly as its my fave disney film. The show incorporates all the songs and is an important part of Disney history IMO.

I would love Muppets to get a land and a new attraction, keep each park unique.

My nephew would love a cars land but no, we need something on the same standard but fresh.

WDW is the no.1 worldwide disney resort. Why have clones from other parks all the time?

CinematicFusion

Eh? Where do you get the "if construction starts in 2013, it will be open in 2015" @CinematicFusion? It's taking them four years to build a relatively simple coaster... The projected dates Ive seem for any of these projects, should they actually get built, has been no earlier than 2016, with most saying 2017 is more likely,

I agree, I don't think anything could be completed in 2015...it would be more around 2017...but maybe 2016 if lucky.
I wrote that in Dec of 2012. I was saying if they started in Jan of 2013 there would be a chance something would be completed in 2015.

wdwfan4ver

I can't buy it being WDW's biggest expansion ever happening right now.

The bigger thing is right now there is starting to be rumors coming out from theme park rumor sites dealing with DHS since the D23 Expo starts on August 9th. That means there is some false information coming as a result.

manutdfan1

I would definitely prefer Monstropolis over Cars Land.

On another note, I know theming entire lands to an IP is the new norm, but how are these lands sustainable? If the franchise loses popularity, what do you do? Is there any originality left at Disney? I want some lands/attractions not based on IPs, especially Pixar.

CinematicFusion

Why? There's multiple threads already.

As stated, the biggest single period of expansion was 1986-1992. Continuous building of The Living Seas, Norway, Wonders of Life, the entire Disney-MGM Studios and related infrastructure, the Caribbean Beach, Yacht and Beach Clubs, Swan and Dolphin, Vacation Club, Port Orleans and Dixie Landings and Splash Mountain.

So as you can see the current proposals are no where near the biggest expansion ever.

But yes, various options of the three listed DHS projects are being looked at. As the discussion in numerous other threads says.

The fairly recent period between 1998 and 2008 was close. Saw quite a bit of expansion and new ideas.
I took the headline for this topic from Orlando Business Journal...
http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/blog/2013/06/disneys-new-star-wars-project-will-be.html

"Disney’s Star Wars land will be biggest in resort history, sources say"

Put a question mark in front...wanted to get some info from some insiders. Your quote of, "But yes, various options of the three listed DHS projects are being looked at", gives me hope that something big is potentially on its way.

Thank you for replying.

CinematicFusion

I can't buy it being WDW's biggest expansion ever happening right now.

The bigger thing is right now there is starting to be rumors coming out from theme park rumor sites dealing with DHS since the D23 Expo starts on August 9th. That means there is some false information coming as a result.

Hope the old saying of where there is smoke there is fire rings true this time...

I don't want to sound negative, but I think AVATAR is a waste of time and money, I also will be HIGHLY disappointed if we get a CARS area and a MONSTERS area........Hollywood studios will become Pixar Studios, and I just think NO -please don't forget what this park is all about!

If they want to add lots of Pixar attraction can't they just make a PIXAR PARK - take out pixar from Epcot, Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom and Studios and give them their OWN home!!!! Save some money for a few years and replace the lot once a new park is nearly completed.

I know pixar is relevant for a lot of Kids (and adults) in the current day - but replace their attractions with classic animated/live action movie attractions. For example, Tangled, Princess & the Frog, Frozen, Mulan, Pocahontas, Aladdin....etc

It may all be about money and 'whats hot' but I think for the longevity and Nostalgia factor to keep the 'older' guests wanting to return.

AVATAR to me is just a joke...... The film is Pocahontas set in the future........

CinematicFusion

Prepared statement from Disney Parks & Resorts Chairman Tom Staggs from Orlando Business Journal:
“For more than 25 years, our partnership with LucasFilm has helped bring the imaginative universe of Star Wars to life at our parks and resorts across the globe. From our recently re-imagined Star Tours: The Adventures Continue attractions to special experiences like the Jedi Training Academy and Star Wars Weekends, we combine legendary Disney storytelling and innovation with the iconic characters of the Star Wars franchise to transport guests of all ages to a galaxy far, far away. We’re excited to explore new ways to bring these stories to life,” he said.
So Mr. Staggs is keeping his cards close to his vest, we will find out what rumors are true in August.

doctornick

That sounds bigger than adding Epcot. Or DHS. Or AK. Biggest expansion ever? No.

If you are not counting the opening of a new park as an "expansion" then I think this could qualify as the "biggest expansion ever" depending on what is built. The idea being that a park opening is a whole different animal than a park expansion which implies adding to an existing gate.

Not judging the accuracy of the claim, but this is not an unreasonable prospective on how to spin the claim.

I would definitely prefer Monstropolis over Cars Land.

On another note, I know theming entire lands to an IP is the new norm, but how are these lands sustainable? If the franchise loses popularity, what do you do? Is there any originality left at Disney? I want some lands/attractions not based on IPs, especially Pixar.

EXACTLY!!!!

Get PIXAR OUT ALL THE PARKS AND BUILD A PIXAR PARK.....

Replace pixar attractions with, Tangled, Princess & frog, Frozen, Wreck it Ralph, Mulan, Aladdin, TRON, and all the older nostalgic films!!!!

wdwfan4ver

Hope the old saying of where there is smoke there is fire rings true this time...
There is a problem though and I am going to ask questions to WDW1974 later today matter of fact.

None of people like WDW1974 on the boards mentioned anything about retheming Fantasmic and having a new Star Wars Fireworks show. While there is plans of re purposing buildings based on what WDW1974 mentioned, it was to the extent that is being mentioned.

Monstropolis wasn't even mentioned by WDW1974 and a couple people in the know also. That meant Monstropolis is fiction.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Why? There's multiple threads already.

As stated, the biggest single period of expansion was 1986-1992. Continuous building of The Living Seas, Norway, Wonders of Life, the entire Disney-MGM Studios and related infrastructure, the Caribbean Beach, Yacht and Beach Clubs, Swan and Dolphin, Vacation Club, Port Orleans and Dixie Landings and Splash Mountain.

I got light headed reading that list. I was only 4 in 86 so that period of expansion generated no excitement for me at the time, but looking back, my god. Incredible.

pheneix

The Orlando Business Journal and in particular the author of this story have a reputation for trolling WDWMagic forums looking for posts from Spirit, Lee, and now it seems even myself and others as well. No content they produce is original or probably even provided to them by "insiders." It's all stolen from forums like this and regurgitated to a less tech savvy audience who doesn't know what a message board is.

On the other hand, high five guys. We are making the news. :D

bubbles1812

I agree, I don't think anything could be completed in 2015...it would be more around 2017...but maybe 2016 if lucky.
I wrote that in Dec of 2012. I was saying if they started in Jan of 2013 there would be a chance something would be completed in 2015.
Ahh. Haha. My bad. I didnt notice the date. That makes a bit more sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom