DHS CARS LAND

WDWFREAK53

With them rebooting the Muppets franchise...I highly doubt they'd remove MuppetVision without adding something Muppets related.

Another Muppets movie with Ricky Gervais is coming...and the last one was a hit.

Cmdr_Crimson

DHS Muppetvision gets way more crowds than DCA's and with a refub on the way I don't think it will go anywhere soon. Which brings me to this Question....If streets of America gets taken down what is the agreement with the Osborn Spectical of lights? I can't think of any other place they could put it..

doctornick

Actually repurposing the SoA as Monstropolis would make a lot of sense and be relatively cheap/easier to do. It would also allow for the facades to persist and be used for the Osborne Lights.

Goofyernmost

They could if the new rides replaced less popular existing rides. It's what Universal does. Lots of new stuff, but older attractions have been shut down. Since part of the sales pitch at WDW is selling nostalgia it's tough to pull off. How many people in New Fantasyland threads complain about Snow White being closed? WDW fans tend to get cranky when older attractions get replaced even when they are replaced with brand new attractions. It's not practical to add a new E-Ticket every 2 years without reducing operating costs somewhere else.
When compared to the almighty Cinnamon Bun...Snow White hardly got any static at all. (Honestly, it never was that great.) Most of the complaints were because they were replacing Snow White with a meet and greet. That's almost criminal.:eek:

WDWDad13

screamscape doesn't make up news (i dont think) they report rumors as they are told to them just like wdwrumors does

I actually think this could be better than Carsland but then they need to relocate the laugh floor from MK plus focus more on the comedy than the scaring (I actually thought the second monsters movie could have been better if it continued on with the laughs creating energy rather than going back to monsters being scary)

Wikkler

When compared to the almighty Cinnamon Bun...Snow White hardly got any static at all. (Honestly, it never was that great.) Most of the complaints were because they were replacing Snow White with a meet and greet. That's almost criminal.:eek:

I thought they were replacing Snow White with... Snow White. And adding a meet'n greet...?

WDWFREAK53

screamscape doesn't make up news (i dont think) they report rumors as they are told to them just like wdwrumors does

I actually think this could be better than Carsland but then they need to relocate the laugh floor from MK plus focus more on the comedy than the scaring (I actually thought the second monsters movie could have been better if it continued on with the laughs creating energy rather than going back to monsters being scary)

...I haven't seen the new one...but isn't it a prequel? They wouldn't have known about the laughing being more powerful.

Kman101

Hmm. Would make sense to repurpose SOA for Monstropolis. Long ways away tho so .....

And IF Muppet*Vision is 'replaced' why does everyone automatically assume the Muppets are being dumped? LOL. There is the VoTLM theater, BATB theater, Premier Theater, American Idol Theater ... they could also build a new theater. It doesn't mean the Muppets are entirely going away. We can't assume anything really until something is actually announced. I think everyone has to stop getting so worked up over rumors. We can speculate of course but it's like a freak out all of the time around here lol.

CinematicFusion

Title is taken from the Orlando Business Insider, "Disney's Star Wars Land to be biggest in Resort history, sources say"
http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/blog/2013/06/disneys-new-star-wars-project-will-be.html

We are hearing tons of ideas now and these ideas are big and bold featuring different themes from different intellectual properties Disney has recently purchased. If all is built, it will be to the tune of 1.5 billion dollars. It would be the largest expansion at Disney World ever!

Now, this may all be blue sky stuff and the best blue sky idea is presented in August at D3. But, August will be hear soon, I would assume plans are already in place.

Here is a list of the ideas being discussed...
1. Cars Land...though a smaller version and a different dark ride.
From Themeparkinsider: "From what I'm hearing, Cars Land will replace the Lights, Motors, Action auto stunt show as well as Catastrophe Canyon on the southern edge of the park, providing a logical extension to the existing Pixar Place. The demise of the Backstage Tour also would free up space for an additional attraction in Pixar Place (Monsters Inc? Incredibles?), but I've not yet heard any chatter about that happening in this phase of the park remake."

2. Monstropolis is part of the expansion.
(Monsters University opened huge and gave Pixar it's 14th straight number 1 debut and it's the second highest opening ever behind 2010's Toy Story 3.)
From Scream scape: Monstropolis - Rumor - (6/27/13) There has been some interesting buzz coming from various sources regarding the future of the Hollywood Studios theme park and the new long-range plans. According to a posting at theDisney & More Facebook page, a plan to build a Monstropolis themed area is also under consideration here, Shanghai as well as the one we already mentioned for California Adventure.
While the entire idea of the Monsters Inc. Door Coaster concept has been bouncing around as an idea for the Studios park for years to no avail, I had also heard not long ago that the idea of adding any Monsters attractions to the Studios had been dropped. Of course, nothing ever seens to stay dead at Disney… though I find it curious that the newer rumors of building a full Monstropolis area seem tied to the fate of the Cars Land idea. In fact, some are saying that Cars Land at the Studios could be dropped entirely to build Monstropolis instead, but I’m not so sure.
I have heard that the previous giant version of Cars Land envisioned for the park (from Catastrophe Canyon to MuppetVision) may have been scaled back to only take over the Canyon, LMA show site and remainder of the Backlot Tour. This would leave all those themed New York street sets and MuppetVision area not only intact, but possibly now available for conversion to become part of Monstropolis."

3. Star Wars Land... From Orlando Business Journal:
So exactly what would an expanded Star Wars land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios entail?
That’s been the primary question about the hot topic of an estimated $200 million-plus Star Wars-based area reportedly being built at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
One of my sources, who asked to not be named, told me there's some truth to the Star Wars land talk and Disney may see it as the largest expansion in park history.
To find out just what that expansion might entail, I reached out to yet another source who seems to have a magical way of knowing things about Disney.
“My understanding is the Star Wars expansion will be similar to the Harry Potter expansion featuring new attractions, new creative merchandise and food and beverage options, as well as re-purposing older rides with the Star Wars theme,” saidChad Emerson, a Disney author and expert.
That seemed in line with what I was hearing, but Emerson said he’d heard chatter on something else that intrigued me.
“There also have been conversations of re-themeing the Fantasmic! night show and introducing a new fireworks show with a Star Wars theme,” Emerson told me. The Fantasmic! show is on the opposite end of the theme park from its current Star Wars-themed area. He said that thought process by Disney shows the Mouse doesn’t see Star Wars as a ‘single area’ type of addition, but rather, as playing a larger role in the entire park.
“It’s not just an isolated land I hear they have in mind, and they are not just seeing this as a way to revitalizing a part of the park. Disney is seeing this Star Wars brand as something that will be sprinkled elsewhere throughout Hollywood Studios and elsewhere through out the resort,” he said.
4. Avatar land in Animal Kingdom ... LaTimes: "For the moment, Disney is focused on an ambitious theme park project based on director James Cameron's blockbuster science-fiction fantasy, "Avatar." Disney struck a licensing deal with Cameron, his producing parter, Jon Landau, and film distributor 20th Century Fox, to develop rides and attractions based on the 2009 hit.
The first "Avatar" inspired land is planned for Disney's Animal Kingdom at Walt Disney World in Orlando. Iger told shareholders that the new attraction won't likely open until 2015."

So if all this is announced in August...it will be HUGE for Disney World. Makes my head spin. Can't wait to find out in August.
Can any of the insiders on this board give a heat check to all these rumors going around the internet. Seems like there is a lot of smoke out there...hope for a lot of fire as well!

JimboJones123

Biggest ever?

Hyperbole much?

You must not remember the early 90s at all.

You take that 7 year window (yes, at the snail's pace Disney works, one shouldn't expectanything sooner than 2020 to completed, especially since each one has been on the table 2 years already) from '89-'96, and the growth simply cannot be matched. They are not building an entire vacation kingdom here. Heck, this does not even match Diseyland's expansion of the late 90s early 00s.

PorterRedkey

I am hoping that this Studio revamp is as wide and sweeping as some people are saying (except the part about getting rid of the GMR). This park needs it. I love the new Star Tours AC3D and it would be nice to expand that area. Monster coaster seems like fun idea and I curious to see how Catastrophe Canyon figures into the new Cars dark ride(if built).

However, I am keeping my expectation low, so I don't expect everything listed to make it. We will hear in August what they think they are doing in 4 years.

phi2134

I dont feel like Monstropolis would be as visually stunning as Carsland. For me it would depend on the quality of rides they put in and the extras they added to the city, if they went this direction. Monstropolis universe was more dependant on the characters within it, you had all of the different Monster's walking around, interacting, that's what made it fun and visually stimulating for myself. If Disney was able to pull off incorporating Monsters into the scenery then I am all for it. Like possibly having them in the windows, or attached to the buildings, just something that could make it feel like an actual Monstropolis and not just another cartoon city. I wont even get into what I would think would be great rides, because we all know that TDO will find a way to destroy those.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom