DHS CARS LAND

cheezbat

So DHS with 14 attractions is behind Animal Kingdom with 20 and ahead of with Blizzard Beach with 12.
I also found that according to Disney, Disney World has a total of 137 attractions, but you can discount the last two since they are at Downtown Disney and ESPN Wide World of Sports.
So if each Ticket level had an equal number of attractions, there would be 27 of each ticket level in total.
What do you think the 27 E Tickets are?
(This includes the water parks)
1. Splash Mountain
2. Big thunder Mountain
3. Space Mountain
4. Pirates of the Carribbean
5. Haunted Mansion
6. It's A Small World
7. Jungle Cruise
8. Spaceship Earth
9. Test Track
10. Soarin'
11. Mission Space
12. Universe of Energy
13. Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
14. Rock n Roller Coaster
15. Great Movie Ride
16. Star Tours
17. Expedition Everest
18. Kilaminjaro Safaris
19. Dinosaur
20. Kali River Rapids
21. Summit Plummet
22. Teamboat Springs
23. Typhoon Lagoon wave pool
24. Crush N Gusher
25. Fantasmic!
26. Indiana Jones stunt Spectacular
27. American Adventure

...whew that was harder than I thought!(all of those are in my opinion of course)

Taylor

1. Splash Mountain
2. Big thunder Mountain
3. Space Mountain
5. Haunted Mansion
6. It's A Small World
7. Jungle Cruise
8. Spaceship Earth
9. Test Track
10. Soarin'
11. Mission Space
12. Universe of Energy
15. Great Movie Ride
16. Star Tours
17. Expedition Everest
18. Kilaminjaro Safaris
19. Dinosaur
20. Kali River Rapids
21. Summit Plummet
22. Teamboat Springs
24. Crush N Gusher
25. Fantasmic!
27. American Adventure

...whew that was harder than I thought!(all of those are in my opinion of course)
I agree with all except 12 and 26. And I'd add Pooh and Pan

Wikkler

Honestly an E-ticket has to feel like it's worth a 30 minute wait.

it's a small world is not worth a 30 minute wait but then again neither is Summit Plummet and it's the most thrilling ride in its entire park...
And most of the major thrill rides are required to be E-Tickets.

cheezbat

Well to each their own...my thing is that the Indy stunt show is huge, and was a major draw to this park the first decade. It's still a huge stunt show, regardless of being old.
Universe of Energy is also a massive attraction that once was meant as a park headliner...if they had continually updated this thing I think it could have remained a top notch attraction.

Besides, 27 slots are pretty hard to fill even with the four theme parks and two water parks.

Turtle

My list of "e-tickets" i have "high standards" of an e-ticket

MK - Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Thunder Mountain
Epcot - Spaceship Earth, Soarin', Test Track, Mission: Space
DHS - Tower of Terror, Rock 'n' Rollercoaster
AK - Dinosaur, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Everest

i have high standards of an e-ticket

And if there is anything in the world that's above an e-ticket that would be : The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror (DHS), Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey (IoA), Mystic Manor (HKDL), and The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman (IoA).

Immersive theming and great storytelling perfectly balanced with thrill factor in a very high quality

Thrill Seeker

Enchanted Tiki Room is considered an E ticket. Indiana Jones is the most popular show at DHS in terms of attendance.

I'd argue American Idol is an E ticket due to it's production values and park presense.

Pooh and Pan are D tickets honestly...

Thrill Seeker

1. Splash Mountain
2. Big thunder Mountain
3. Space Mountain
5. Haunted Mansion
6. It's A Small World
7. Jungle Cruise
8. Spaceship Earth
9. Test Track
10. Soarin'
11. Mission Space
12. Universe of Energy
15. Great Movie Ride
16. Star Tours
17. Expedition Everest
18. Kilaminjaro Safaris
19. Dinosaur
20. Kali River Rapids
21. Summit Plummet
22. Teamboat Springs
24. Crush N Gusher
25. Fantasmic!
27. American Adventure

That's a pretty comprehensive list there. I'd remove the wave pool and Team Boat Springs and add in Enchanted Tiki Room (a documented E ticket) and American Idol.

doctornick

I believe a new E-ticket level attraction every 2-1/2 to 3 years is a realistic expectation for fans to have. This would be in addition to the typical smaller attraction additions and scheduled refurbs.

We need something for all those people staying in all the new hotel rooms to do after all.

I'd like to see a new E-ticket at WDW about every 2 years on average. Spread out among 4 parks, that's a new E-ticket at each park every 8 years, on average, which doesn't seem like asking for too much. Plus, I think each park should get a new attraction of some sort every 2-3 years.

Timing that right would mean there is at least 1-2 new attractions to promote every year for WDW. That would give people a reason to go back every year.

NoChesterHester

I'd like to see a new E-ticket at WDW about every 2 years on average. Spread out among 4 parks, that's a new E-ticket at each park every 8 years, on average, which doesn't seem like asking for too much. Plus, I think each park should get a new attraction of some sort every 2-3 years.

Timing that right would mean there is at least 1-2 new attractions to promote every year for WDW. That would give people a reason to go back every year.

Yes I'd love that, but WDI would have to get their development costs back in line in order for that to happen.

...or out source...

Kman101

WDW would never have a new ride every two years. Their head would explode. It seems they hate to spend money.

They should at least update and take care of the attractions they do have, maybe they wouldn't be scrambling and realizing how rough things are in the parks right now.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
WDW would never have a new ride every two years. Their head would explode. It seems they hate to spend money.

They should at least update and take care of the attractions they do have, maybe they wouldn't be scrambling and realizing how rough things are in the parks right now.

They could if the new rides replaced less popular existing rides. It's what Universal does. Lots of new stuff, but older attractions have been shut down. Since part of the sales pitch at WDW is selling nostalgia it's tough to pull off. How many people in New Fantasyland threads complain about Snow White being closed? WDW fans tend to get cranky when older attractions get replaced even when they are replaced with brand new attractions. It's not practical to add a new E-Ticket every 2 years without reducing operating costs somewhere else.

Kman101

Yeah, aside from their clear mismanagement (which deserves the ire it gets), WDW is honestly in a pretty screwed spot anytime they do anything. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

lazyboy97o

They could if the new rides replaced less popular existing rides. It's what Universal does. Lots of new stuff, but older attractions have been shut down. Since part of the sales pitch at WDW is selling nostalgia it's tough to pull off. How many people in New Fantasyland threads complain about Snow White being closed? WDW fans tend to get cranky when older attractions get replaced even when they are replaced with brand new attractions. It's not practical to add a new E-Ticket every 2 years without reducing operating costs somewhere else.
Disney has earned the mistrust they get when it comes to replacing attractions just as Universal has earned the trust they get.

TheMinion9

Acorriding to Screamscape...
2016/2017 - Monstropolis - Rumor - (6/27/13) There has been some interesting buzz coming from various sources regarding the future of the Hollywood Studios theme park and the new long-range plans. According to a posting at the Disney & More Facebook page, a plan to build a Monstropolis themed area is also under consideration here, Shanghai as well as the one we already mentioned for California Adventure.
While the entire idea of the Monsters Inc. Door Coaster concept has been bouncing around as an idea for the Studios park for years to no avail, I had also heard not long ago that the idea of adding any Monsters attractions to the Studios had been dropped. Of course, nothing ever seens to stay dead at Disney… though I find it curious that the newer rumors of building a full Monstropolis area seem tied to the fate of the Cars Land idea. In fact, some are saying that Cars Land at the Studios could be dropped entirely to build Monstropolis instead, but I’m not so sure.
I have heard that the previous giant version of Cars Land envisioned for the park (from Catastrophe Canyon to MuppetVision) may have been scaled back to only take over the Canyon, LMA show site and remainder of the Backlot Tour. This would leave all those themed New York street sets and MuppetVision area not only intact, but possibly now available for conversion to become part of Monstropolis.

Ok. I'm fine with that taking over New York instead of Cars Land. It's a whole new land for the park. I just don't want MuppetVision to go cause of Cars Land. If Backlot had to go, expand Muppets for goodness sake. :p

Noooooooooooooo,

Dont get rid of the Muppets!!!

I will be so upset if Pixar take over the park though!!!

I am all for the Pixar films they are amazing, but its all of the older films that need a presence too!!!!

I understand that Pixar Cars and Monsters etc attract the kiddies etc but I want the movies I grew up with to have their presence still.

The muppets were massive for me as a child. They need at least 2 attractions in my opinion!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom