DHS CARS LAND

jdmdisney99

Oh. I didn't know that. Is there a thread on here discussing new news about the project?
Perhaps I was just misinformed, or desperate for this to be a live thread. :p Oh well. Just signs may be showing up of major things happening in the park (CtF and DCR closing, BAH going?, Cars Land food buckets and cups, and new Cars parade coming?)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Perhaps I was just misinformed, or desperate for this to be a live thread. :p Oh well. Just signs may be showing up of major things happening in the park (CtF and DCR closing, BAH going?, Cars Land food buckets and cups, and new Cars parade coming?)

Not cups, people get really worked up about cups on these boards;)

Since you brought it up,anyone else confirm anything new on the Cars front? @whylightbulb @WDW1974 @Lee @marni1971

devoy1701

All I have to say after experiencing Carsland in person last week is that I have never seen such immersion in ANY theme park land I've ever been in. They have literally dropped you right into the movie. Everything is done so well, from the sight lines, to the scale, to the little extras such as the flowers made of tail lights, and the gags on the way in the queue for Luigi's Flying Tires. While I still would prefer that the resorts get to retain some "uniqueness" to them, I would LOVE to see something done to this extreme over in Walt Disney World. New Fantasyland might be pretty, but there is a huge difference between theming something to look "fairy tale" like or giving a land a general overall theme (read: Tomorrowland, Adventureland, Future World, etc), but to create a whole land based on one setting and story was really quite extraordinary. And Radiator Springs Racers is a superb attraction (the beginning of the dark ride is a bit of a bore though), and would absolutely be incomplete without Ornamental Valley being built in its entirety.

twebber55

All I have to say after experiencing Carsland in person last week is that I have never seen such immersion in ANY theme park land I've ever been in. They have literally dropped you right into the movie. Everything is done so well, from the sight lines, to the scale, to the little extras such as the flowers made of tail lights, and the gags on the way in the queue for Luigi's Flying Tires. While I still would prefer that the resorts get to retain some "uniqueness" to them, I would LOVE to see something done to this extreme over in Walt Disney World. New Fantasyland might be pretty, but there is a huge difference between theming something to look "fairy tale" like or giving a land a general overall theme (read: Tomorrowland, Adventureland, Future World, etc), but to create a whole land based on one setting and story was really quite extraordinary. And Radiator Springs Racers is a superb attraction (the beginning of the dark ride is a bit of a bore though), and would absolutely be incomplete without Ornamental Valley being built in its entirety.
Radiator Springs is set up perfectly to be an incredible themed land...even though i thought the movie was "Ok" didnt take away at all from the immersion..hope it gets announced soon

Perfectly said! I experienced it last month and found it to be one of the greatest Disney areas. Radiator Springs Racers was phenomenal! I can only hope DHS will have something similar soon!

TP2000

All I have to say after experiencing Carsland in person last week is that I have never seen such immersion in ANY theme park land I've ever been in. They have literally dropped you right into the movie. Everything is done so well, from the sight lines, to the scale, to the little extras such as the flowers made of tail lights, and the gags on the way in the queue for Luigi's Flying Tires.

Cars Land is simply amazing, isn't it? I wasn't a huge fan of the movie myself, but the land at DCA is now at the very top of my list of all-time Disneyland hits. It's even better work than Walt himself did on many of his Disneyland projects. Better than Walt's own work?!? Sacrilege! :eek:

The thing that makes Cars Land so successful is the totality of the environment, not just any one ride, and not even Radiator Springs Racers on its own. If they clone Cars Land for another park somewhere, it needs to be the entirety of the land itself, not just Racers with a gift shop and a restaurant.

And the full size backdrop of Ornament Valley and the towering Cadillac Range must be part of the deal, even if they aren't trying to hide the outside world from view like they are in DCA.
tcl109246LARGE.jpg

http://parksandresorts.wdpromedia.c...wp-content/uploads/2012/07/tcl109246LARGE.jpg

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Cars Land is simply amazing, isn't it? I wasn't a huge fan of the movie myself, but the land at DCA is now at the very top of my list of all-time Disneyland hits. It's even better work than Walt himself did on many of his Disneyland projects. Better than Walt's own work?!? Sacrilege! :eek:

The thing that makes Cars Land so successful is the totality of the environment, not just any one ride, and not even Radiator Springs Racers on its own. If they clone Cars Land for another park somewhere, it needs to be the entirety of the land itself, not just Racers with a gift shop and a restaurant.

And the full size backdrop of Ornament Valley and the towering Cadillac Range must be part of the deal, even if they aren't trying to hide the outside world from view like they are in DCA.

While I'll agree with you on the great immersiveness and theming of Carsland, there is only one attraction that needs to be in a copy -- RSR. Luigi's Flying Tires should never be cloned at all (in fact, it should probably just be put out of its misery), and while Mater's Junkyard Jamboree is fun ride, a copy of the land needn't have it either. Not that I'm suggesting that a copy should have only RSR as an attraction -- just that LFT and MJJ needn't necessarily be included. I'm certain that another attraction could fill the void.

But the full (forced perspective-sized) mountain range, Flo's (with the back patio overlooking RSR), and much of the streetscape need to be included if they are going to create Carsland anywhere else and do it right.

flynnibus

Premium Member
While I'll agree with you on the great immersiveness and theming of Carsland, there is only one attraction that needs to be in a copy -- RSR. Luigi's Flying Tires should never be cloned at all (in fact, it should probably just be put out of its misery), and while Mater's Junkyard Jamboree is fun ride, a copy of the land needn't have it either. Not that I'm suggesting that a copy should have only RSR as an attraction -- just that LFT and MJJ needn't necessarily be included. I'm certain that another attraction could fill the void.

Mater's has even more value in DHS than it does in DCA tho.. since DHS is lacking in actual rides that are suitable for the little folks in the crowd.

novawildcat18

I just visited DCA and Cars Land for the first time. I absolutely loved Cars Land. It was so detailed and massive and just plain enjoyable. I loved everything about it, from the shops to Luigi's Flying Tires and of course Radiator Springs Racers.

With all that being said, I want it to stay a DCA exclusive. Disney has now proven that they are capable of building an immersive land on par with the Wizarding World of Harry Potter when they want to spend the money and time on it. I want to see them use a different IP instead of Cars. While I know Cars has great merchandising opportunities, I can't imagine it's too difficult to sell as much merchandise/food in a differently themed land.

While this may seem like more of a personal opinion, I honestly believe that having a differently themed (but just as immersive and spectacular) land will make the Disney Parks brand so much more valuable. The exclusivity of each themed land will attract consumers from around the country/world to both locations, increasing the attendance at both resorts. Us native east-coasters who don't often travel to Disneyland will still be enticed by Cars Land, while getting to enjoy our own new land in WDW.

Since Cars Land is most likely coming to DHS anyway, there's not much I can do except for enjoy an amazing environment and therefore I am not complaining at all. However, I would much, much rather they clone Radiator Springs Racers and add rides/areas for other Pixar IP's, as has been tirelessly recounted in this thread. Just thought I'd throw my two cents in since I have recently been to Cars Land ;)

ChrisFL

Premium Member

tcl109246LARGE.jpg

http://parksandresorts.wdpromedia.c...wp-content/uploads/2012/07/tcl109246LARGE.jpg

I'm still amazed by that mountain range

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom