DHS CARS LAND

novawildcat18

I believe that was me, however I was referring to it being a ride more like the Speedway (where kids drive the cars themselves from country to country). It would be a unique attraction, would free up the Speedway land at MK, and the cost savings would allow more funds for more attractions and an expansion of Pixar Place.

It would also make it unnecessary to build Radiator Springs (although Radiator Springs would be the thing I'd look the most forward to if DHS were to get a Cars expansion - I could honestly care less about RSR comparatively). If they decide to build RSR and not RS, I'd rather they not build the mountains and retheme RSR to Cars 2.
That is just not something I would want to see. And I think that the general population couldn't care less about Cars 2 (although I'm sure the box office numbers would prove me wrong). I think that if they HAVE to do Cars Land, it HAS to have RSR in its current form, or at least some slight variation of it.

PeterAlt

Carsland is a truly different (and equally beautiful) land at night. The place has such a different vibe with all of that neon. Another "well done" in my book. We were able to experience Radiator Springs Racers twice (with FP both times) and Luigi's Flying Tires once. Both are fantastic attractions (the Disney buff in my loves that they chose to bring back the flying saucers!), though I can see (and did see numerous times) the problems that the Tires cause with operations. I have to say though at one point on our ride we had a clear shot from one side of the rink to the other...and MAN did my wife and I get some serious speed on those tires!

Anyway. Aside from the attractions, the Land gives off such a fantastic vibe, you just want to be there...to stand on Route 66, to hang out at Flo's V8 Cafe (for breakfast and dinner), to go through Sarge's Surplus Store a half dozen times, to get another snack at the Cozy Cone (a Cone-coction, or something Cone Queso)...you just want to hang out there, to soak up as much as you can...the energy they've created feeds through the excitement of the crowd...through the children who see their favorite characters literally driving themselves down the streets and interacting with them! And then the sun goes down, the neon turns on, the car dance party starts (I don't know the name of that Car that hosts the party) and the suck you back in again!

Guys, I'm not kidding, Carsland is THAT good...that immersive. If you're a Disney fan and a WDW fan, it TRULY warrants a trip out west to see! And when you experience it, you'll want something just as good! Hopefully you also appreciate the desire to be "unique" like I do...I don't want a CARSLAND...but I want our own "CARSLAND" and I want it soon. I want to have that much excitement again when visiting WDW.
I'm sure I'll live it. I got to see Soaring before they built it here and I was saying the same thing about Soaring. One thing you west coasters loved and us east coasters didn't exactly get why he west coasters loved Star Tours so much. Leading up to its opening at DHS, we kept hearing how great it was and that there were Star Tours groups and all that adding to the incredible hype it got. Naturally, east coasters were thrilled to hear that we were getting one too! The first expansion of DHS was a whole section dedicated to Star Tours. The AT-AT walker is amazing, something we thought previewed the awesomeness inside the actual ride. Well, it was okay. Fun, but not something worthy of all the hype. On top of that, they thought east coasters would live it as much as the west coasters do that they virtually copied it for EPCOT Center in the form of Body Wars in the now-borded up Health Pavilion. To this day, I wonder what west coasters find so special about it. They were right about the hype that they put into Soaring and they are probably right again with all the hype for CL... But
Star Tours, what were you thinking?! It's just a flight simulator with Star Wars music!

doctornick

Is the incredibles attraction still on the table?

I don't think it was ever on the table, at least not lately. Some have argued that there should be a ride based on that movie, but I haven't seen a strong rumor about it really being considered. There was plans for a ride at DCA before they settled on Cars Land.

The one rumor that has popped up here is that the Rataouille ride from Paris is being considered for DHS. Don't know if it's accurate at all. But it would be a great fit as a family ride and for finally bringing LPS technology to WDW.

|Q|

I've said before that making Luigi's into a teacups ride, for example, would be easy and allow for some differentiation at DHS compared to DCA's Cars Land while increasing the all ages ride count.

Mater is a variation of a teacup ride (where the "teacups" switch position on the turntables, and the cart whipping).

Genie of the Lamp

^Hopefully there will be one once the SW Land gets built at DLP. I know it's a phased project and in phase 1 it will only consist of a ST 2.0, Catina Restaurant, a shop if I'm correct. And as we know, phase 2's rarely ever get built.

Rodan75

I've noticed both Lee and 74 as well as others mention a revamp of DHS more than Carsland, does this mean the project is really more of a DHS 2.0 with a full 'land' and other major rework of DHS?

heatherkatheleen

It is absolutely breathtaking and the best example of placemaking at a Disney park in the USA this century. World class work.
When I was watching the video about the making of CarsLand I cried... I was so embarrassed LOL! The team who lead the project were all so passionate and it reminded me of why I have loved my trips to Disney so much throughout my life. Would love to see that sort of passion driven into projects at WDW.

SkipperButler

Sure.
But they don't have a recently-built, extremely popular, Star Wars ride ready to clone.
Agreed. Think of it this way @Turtle: It's easier to do a Return on Investment analysis on something that has already been built and proven successful, compared to something that could run over budget and time in the development phase. It's easier for Disney to "know" the success of Carsland over the success of an undeveloped Star Wars-land.

@Lee, am I correct in saying that if we waited for a Star Wars area to be developed it would take substantially more time for anything to happen at DHS? And could Carsland2.0 be a Potter2.0 swatter? If construction was started on Carsland2.0 in the relatively near future, could it be built before the completion of Potter2.0 or roughly around the same time?

Goofyernmost

A ride to nowhere....no big loss.
Exactly! That ride (I'm assuming Backlot Tour) once was kinda fun and had some relevance. It no longer does, it's just a waste of space and time. They should be able to save CC though with a little imagination. I'll bet there are a lot of people in recent years that have gone to DHS and have never seen CC.

Goofyernmost

I think I am the only one on here who thoroughly enjoys that attraction....
I don't think it has anything to do with popularity. It has more to do with mechanical nightmare operational aspects. It doesn't work, from what I understand, they way they thought it would. It's down more then it's operating.

SkipperButler

I think I am the only one on here who thoroughly enjoys that attraction....

It's a fun little ride, but also requires some deep digging to house all the pipes and things to make it work. That wouldn't work very well with the high water table in Florida. It's also probably not a good attraction to run in the rain either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom