DHS CARS LAND

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Was at DHS yesterday and decided to go see Lights, Motors, Action! and I noticed something new (or rather, new to me). They had a Cars scene where Lightning McQueen (an actual car) was "on a secret mission" pursuing another car not featured in the movies, but still with the eyes... I haven't seen this show in quite a while so im not sure when this was added. Anyone else know? or is this what Disney meant when they hinted bringing Cars to WDW... To be honest that really wouldnt surprise me.

I seem to remember that being added back around the time Cars 2 was released. Having never stepped foot in LMA, I can't guarantee, but it feels like threads were made back then. I see YouTube videos going back to 2011 with that addition..

nicknick553

I seem to remember that being added back around the time Cars 2 was released. Having never stepped foot in LMA, I can't guarantee, but it feels like threads were made back then. I see YouTube videos going back to 2011 with that addition..
I did a quick search and didn't see any threads on it but I just kind of skimmed through them.

NoChesterHester

Five years?!?!? The marquee attraction, building facades, and basic layout is already done. Any design team worth their salt could sufficiently modify the plans based on the local conditions (soils, topography, drainage, etc...) and kick out a biddable and build able design in 3 months.

Considering that the rear section of the park will be closed to guests I don't understand why it would take longer than 2 years to construct.

We can build urban skyscrapers in 12-18 months. Don't even try to tell me this is more complex. These are basically metal buildings with artistic facades and the rest is pre-manufactured off site.

Bparso87

Oh, god, I KNOW. That was so LAME. That, and the library scene where Jones skids in and some student nonchalantly asks him a question about ancient history or something...obviously both scenes were meant to be funny, but all they were were jarring and cringe-inducing. Spielberg's lost his perspective or something. And we all know Lucas lost HIS touch decades ago. :(
The worst scene was nuclear explosion where he survived in a fridge. Man the movie was horrible

Forgive me if this was already said.

But doesn't Radiator Springs Racers have a ton of outside track?

With it raining every day at 3 p.m. down here in Florida during the summer, that would mean you would have to close the ride often. Like they do with Test Track. Or build it in a building. Will Radiator Springs have the same effect with a big show building in the middle of it.

Carsland is SAFE. It is proven. Carsland has brought in big bucks for DCA. Bringing it to the Studios should have the same effect, while using a portion of the park that is outdated and neglected.

I would like a different ride, like An Incredibles or Monsters Inc Coaster. But we have no idea if these rides can or will bring in the numbers that CarsLand has.

Larger attendance means a bigger budget for more improvements.

Build Carsland now, make some money and expand with the other ride ideas later to round out the Pixar Place Idea.

GLaDOS

But doesn't Radiator Springs Racers have a ton of outside track?

With it raining every day at 3 p.m. down here in Florida during the summer, that would mean you would have to close the ride often.

Yes and yes. RSR performs horribly after rain, as well, often taking quite a bit of time to come back up after a rain storm.

It is not exactly the most Orlando-friendly attraction.

twebber55

Yes and yes. RSR performs horribly after rain, as well, often taking quite a bit of time to come back up after a rain storm.

It is not exactly the most Orlando-friendly attraction.
definitely my biggest concern about cars land and specifically RSR....is this ride gonna be down every afternoon in the summer?

imagineer boy

The worst scene was nuclear explosion where he survived in a fridge. Man the movie was horrible

Am I the only one who didn't think Indy 4 was THAT bad? I mean, I over all thought it was just okay and probably my least favourite of the Indy movies but I honestly don't think it was the huge atrocity people make it out to be. There were some good moments in it. But anyways, getting way off topic here. lol

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Am I the only one who didn't think Indy 4 was THAT bad? I mean, I over all thought it was just okay and probably my least favourite of the Indy movies but I honestly don't think it was the huge atrocity people make it out to be. There were some good moments in it. But anyways, getting way off topic here. lol

I agree with you, I also put it at the bottom of the list of the 4 movies, but it was still enjoyable. I think the problem a lot of people had with it was that the other 3 movies were cleared inspired by the adventure serials of the 30's and 40's, but the 4th movie instead took it's insperation from the B Sci-Fi movies of the 50's.

Lee

Adventurer
Agreed.
As I said, a bad Indy is still awesome.

Bparso87

To me it did not feel like Indy it felt clean to much cgi it needs to look gritty and dirty.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom