DHS CARS LAND

saxamoophone

Was at DHS yesterday and decided to go see Lights, Motors, Action! and I noticed something new (or rather, new to me). They had a Cars scene where Lightning McQueen (an actual car) was "on a secret mission" pursuing another car not featured in the movies, but still with the eyes... I haven't seen this show in quite a while so im not sure when this was added. Anyone else know? or is this what Disney meant when they hinted bringing Cars to WDW... To be honest that really wouldnt surprise me.

It was added a few years ago when Cars 2 came out to promote the movie =)

aladdin2007

Am I the only one who didn't think Indy 4 was THAT bad? I mean, I over all thought it was just okay and probably my least favourite of the Indy movies but I honestly don't think it was the huge atrocity people make it out to be. There were some good moments in it. But anyways, getting way off topic here. lol

I actually loved it. Granted it was my first Indy movie, I had never seen any of the prior ones so Ive been working my way backwords.. But I guess for diehard long time fans it wasnt what they wanted. And I liked Shia in it. I did think they could have done better with the beginning, that weird fake neighborhood, and the warehouse scene. Some was just out of place and long in the tooth. But the rest made up for it.

|Q|

To me it did not feel like Indy it felt clean to much cgi it needs to look gritty and dirty.

The CGI was way to cartoony (leading to a way too cartoony humour). And there were a lot of things plain silly, beside the "nuke the fridge", that screamed "lazy screenwriter" (and David Koepp usually is pretty solid)

The scene in Area 51 with the magic gunpowder was so pointless. And, comeon, a small russian army undercover in the US dressed in russian uniforms?!? U_U¿ LAZY!!!

TikiTorch

More than 50% of wide releases each year aren't even worth the price of a matinee admission ticket. Crystal Skull was not the best movie of 2008, but in my opinion it was certainly in the top 10% of all movies released in 2008, which is not too shabby when you think about it. I don't think anyone really expected it to top the others in the franchise. How could it? The main draw was nostalgia, and it delivered well to that end.

Bparso87

The CGI was way to cartoony (leading to a way too cartoony humour). And there were a lot of things plain silly, beside the "nuke the fridge", that screamed "lazy screenwriter" (and David Koepp usually is pretty solid)

The scene in Area 51 with the magic gunpowder was so pointless. And, comeon, a small russian army undercover in the US dressed in russian uniforms?!? U_U¿ LAZY!!!
Yes it was all around bad one of the worst sequels ever to a movie.

Goofyernmost

Was at DHS yesterday and decided to go see Lights, Motors, Action! and I noticed something new (or rather, new to me). They had a Cars scene where Lightning McQueen (an actual car) was "on a secret mission" pursuing another car not featured in the movies, but still with the eyes... I haven't seen this show in quite a while so im not sure when this was added. Anyone else know? or is this what Disney meant when they hinted bringing Cars to WDW... To be honest that really wouldnt surprise me.
I'm not sure when they started it but it was included at the end of March 2012.

Bparso87

More than 50% of wide releases each year aren't even worth the price of a matinee admission ticket. Crystal Skull was not the best movie of 2008, but in my opinion it was certainly in the top 10% of all movies released in 2008, which is not too shabby when you think about it. I don't think anyone really expected it to top the others in the franchise. How could it? The main draw was nostalgia, and it delivered well to that end.
It was the second highest film of the year next to the dark knight there was not that many great movies that year I can think of iron man and wall-e if I think more a couple more might pop up

Glasgow

I can name many, many attractions that have been and/or ARE far worse than LMA. I'm happy to have experienced that attraction. Having said that, Carsland or an entire land update would be far better of course. Hope it comes to FL .. maybe combine WRE, Carsland and IJA into one gigantic WIN

AswaySuller

Yes and yes. RSR performs horribly after rain, as well, often taking quite a bit of time to come back up after a rain storm.

It is not exactly the most Orlando-friendly attraction.

Interesting point but is it that much more than test track? I wold say the loop/race are virtually the same but cars does have the beginning section that's outdoors.... However I would also ask if it rains and the ride goes down does it make any difference if there's half a mile of our door track or 5 feet? Isn't an out door track an out door track? They must have known or anticipated that before they built test track.

fosse76

Interesting point but is it that much more than test track? I wold say the loop/race are virtually the same but cars does have the beginning section that's outdoors....
The loop /race is nowhere near identical to Test Track. It's not as fast as Test Track, so length-wise I am not sure how long it is, but a good sizeable protion of the experience occurs outside.

doctornick

The loop /race is nowhere near identical to Test Track. It's not as fast as Test Track, so length-wise I am not sure how long it is, but a good sizeable protion of the experience occurs outside.

But I think the point is: does it matter how long the outdoor section is? If the ride shuts down due to rain, it's going to shut down if there is 50 feet of outdoor track or 1000 yards. So, the question becomes how often Test Track shuts down due to weather because we could probably expect a similar ratio for RSR in Florida.

Of course, perhaps RSR would be more sensitive to weather, I don't know. But, conceptually, I could see how they would be affected similarly.

AswaySuller

Doctornick pretty much straightened this out but that's not what I asked at all...

I am aware the tracks are no where near similar in layout and again I know RSR starts outside... However I wondered what the actual length of each outdoor section is... As I believe from my experience of each that the loop on TT and the race on RSR aren't worlds apart in terms of size.

I also wondered if it would matter how big the outside track is.... Is there a difference between 5 feet of wet track and 5 miles of wet track? Is a wet track not equally bad regardless of what it's length is?

If i drop my iPhone in a glass of water and a swimming pool chances are one is no worse than the other and my phone is screwed either way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom