DHS CARS LAND

baymenxpac

Has anyone heard of a actual budget yet? It took over a BILLION dollars to get Carsland up and running at DL. While they might save a little on development from recycling, you're still going to need at least the same investment money wise to do the thing justice.

Thats a lot of money, and if you include Avatar, thats serious cash for the theme parks.

Jimmy Thick- Enjoy eating off the nameless plates.

so? i guess i missed the part where disney isn't making a profit.

jimmy, you're a huge supporter of disney, so why are you willing to let them off the hook and not demand they make a serious investment in you?

Mickey_777

My parents stuck the 3 of us (boys) on planes all the time growing up. For trips overseas for that matter...I've priced trips for my wife and I to both WDW and DL out of Washington DC multiple times. Tickets for DL usually come out cheaper since the add-on for parkhoppers is less and you don't need more than 3 or 4 days to see it all depending on when you go and how much of the "resort" you want to see. Flight prices are pretty much the same as is lodging and renting a car. Going with a family is obviously a whole other story. I suppose it all boils down to whether or not you have the ability and desire to save up for a DL trip.

devoy1701

Maybe I'm a skeptic but why would an imagineer risk his job to leak a proposed project on these boards? Especially since he has a face picture displayed. Either not an imagineer, Disney wanted it leaked, or this guy doesn't want his job anymore. Non disclosure agreements are a pretty big deal and they wouldn't have to investigate really hard to find the "leak"
Whylightbulb is definitely proven around these parts.

tracyandalex

I love the idea of something like Cars Land coming to WDW, I just wish they would pick a different movie. I don't want an exact copy at DHS, it can be the same but different that way it is unique to WDW. My first vote is Alice's Wonderland, but I understand that is not very male oriented and since I stink at ideas I will stop here.

devoy1701

Not yet. We could swing $3k for the two of us. The problem is that there are 4 of us, at minimum 3. Airfare alone for the 4 of us to get there is in the $1500-$2000 range depending on the time of year. The wife was pricing a trip just a few days ago and it was around $5k with staying on property.

I forget that when you fly plays a part on the price (we visited the second week of December and had a great price). I would say that unless you're wanting to stay at the Disneyland Hotel or Grand Californian, to just cut the expense and stay on Harbor Blvd as those hotels are closer and much cheaper. We also use an Travel Rewards card (along with our SW Rapid Rewards Membership) to which ends us getting us atleast 1 free roundtrip ticket each year. Every little bit helps!

whylightbulb

Original Poster
Maybe I'm a skeptic but why would an imagineer risk his job to leak a proposed project on these boards? Especially since he has a face picture displayed. Either not an imagineer, Disney wanted it leaked, or this guy doesn't want his job anymore. Non disclosure agreements are a pretty big deal and they wouldn't have to investigate really hard to find the "leak"
I may have been the one taking the picure or standing somewhere out of site:D

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I forget that when you fly plays a part on the price (we visited the second week of December and had a great price). I would say that unless you're wanting to stay at the Disneyland Hotel or Grand Californian, to just cut the expense and stay on Harbor Blvd as those hotels are closer and much cheaper. We also use an Travel Rewards card (along with our SW Rapid Rewards Membership) to which ends us getting us atleast 1 free roundtrip ticket each year. Every little bit helps!
We stayed at the Fairfield in June. Not only is it more economical, you have ready access to much more economical dining options. Next time we are going to try to stay on property just for the experience, but offsite is much easier at DL.

MagicMike

I think this is awesome for Hollywood Studios. The move won't fix the problem with the parks overall theme, but it will make a huge difference in attendance.

I, like many of you, hoped Disney would break ground on something new and original for the Stuidos. There are so many great film franchises and limitless original ideas it would be fantastic to see what could be developed into reality. Don't get me wrong, if this is indeed confirmed and DHS gets the full California Adventure treatment, it will be difficult to find many negatives.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
We were just looking at Paradise Pier which I know is more than the good neighbor hotels, but staying on property is just one of those options we do not want to do without. What usually kills it for us goes back to the value for our dollar. The cost of 1 trip to DL exceeds our typically year at WDW which consists of numerous 1-4 day trips. I am just not ready to give that up yet. We came real close to not renewing this year, but just can't quite pull the trigger.

whylightbulb

Original Poster
I guess I just don't understand why he'd be so surprised that his leak would come to Disneys attention and he would definitely be attached to it. Smells fishy to me!
I was surprised at the speed at which it occured. The more I look into it though I don't think it was related to my little post. There are probably at least 100 people that have direct knowledge of this project by this time and many more that know from those 100 people. I was being overly paranoid.

Buried20KLeague

Somebody else brought me up in this thread, I just responded.

Anyway, I always use the "I will quit this site" threat when I am sure about something. We will never get a clone of Carsland at DCA. The only way it happens is if they built a 5th gate entirely Pixar based and CarsLand was one of the lands. Otherwise it is not happening. RSR maybe, but not with the mountain range you see at DCA (on that scale). Take it to the bank.

** This post noted for future reference.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
I was surprised at the speed at which it occured. The more I look into it though I don't think it was related to my little post. There are probably at least 100 people that have direct knowledge of this project by this time and many more that know from those 100 people. I was being overly paranoid.
So Carsland or just RSR??

wannab@dis

Even if WDWs version was an improvement the 2 will still be compared and 1 will be deemed the lesser. Why even go that route? Give people something different, both amazing, to feel like they just can't miss on both coasts.
I've never understood the "no clones" argument. To me, it's a weak argument only made by die-hard fans. There have been duplicated attractions and ride system made between all the parks going back 40 years. Pirates is better is DL but that doesn't stop it from being a wonderful e-ticket in WDW. There are many attractions across both resorts that have twins on the other coast... identical or not. It's never been an issue before so why would it become an issue now?

If the addition of Carsland happens in WDW, that will be great! It will help expand the Studios, offer more family thrills and be a hit with the vast majority of visitors. Personally, I hope they continue to design and build attractions for the majority of fans... not the malcontents that have some idealized view of the parks that has never been shared by Disney.

devoy1701

We were just looking at Paradise Pier which I know is more than the good neighbor hotels, but staying on property is just one of those options we do not want to do without. What usually kills it for us goes back to the value for our dollar. The cost of 1 trip to DL exceeds our typically year at WDW which consists of numerous 1-4 day trips. I am just not ready to give that up yet. We came real close to not renewing this year, but just can't quite pull the trigger.

Not sure if it will help sway your opinion. But as someone who has stayed at Paradise Pier, I would not pay to do so again. It lacks the Disney feel and it's so far away from the parks that unless you pay the upcharge for a Theme Park View room, it simply feels like a Courtyard by Marriott.

Buried20KLeague

The could build the same ride and retheme it. Like Indiana Jones Adventure and Dinosaur.

The problem is that would require huge design expense and tons of cash in additional R&D, which would sort of cancel out the whole reason I believe they'd clone it. If WDW gets Cars Land, I'd bet it'll be identical... Because that would be the cheapest way to do it.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Not sure if it will help sway your opinion. But as someone who has stayed at Paradise Pier, I would not pay to do so again. It lacks the Disney feel and it's so far away from the parks that unless you pay the upcharge for a Theme Park View room, it simply feels like a Courtyard by Marriott.
We were looking at mainly for the cost. Our real desire is the Disneyland hotel or Grand Californian, we just keep trying to get the cost down to a point where we can pull the trigger and make it happen. So far that has not happened. We have even toyed with the idea of making the cross country drive.

Buried20KLeague

Lighbulb is the real deal. Certified.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom