DHS CARS LAND

CBOMB

No. No beer. No Indy. (No Texans updates either)

Just the torture of watching three lousy and painful films to remind you to not ever say something as ignorant, off base and flat out stupid as Disney building a fifth gate in O-Town, but you'd never do that anyway ...
They can' afford a Fifth Gate right now because of the massive amount of money allocated for monorail expansion.

What good is life without beer!

WDW1974

They can' afford a Fifth Gate right now because of the massive amount of money allocated for monorail expansion.

What good is life without beer!

Yes, beer can make monorail expansion seem possible.

Just like tequila can make the MK seem MAGICal (tried this last month, it works even when half the effects on the recently rehabbed for nine months BTMRR do NOT!)

AswaySuller

Whoever said GL is just as difficult/protective over SW as JK is over HP... Pah!

I shall refer you to the "life day" Christmas special, r2d2's Christmas album, characters featuring in Dance Party etc etc..

The difference between JK and GL is JK wants the absolute best for her franchise even if it means "being difficult" where as GL has always whored his out for a quick buck.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Whoever said GL is just as difficult/protective over SW as JK is over HP... Pah!

I shall refer you to the "life day" Christmas special, r2d2's Christmas album, characters featuring in Dance Party etc etc..

The difference between JK and GL is JK wants the absolute best for her franchise even if it means "being difficult" where as GL has always whored his out for a quick buck.

Yeah, and would JK ever allow a product like this to be produced ;)

500x_c-3p0-tape-dispenser1.jpg

muteki

Is this a self imposed chastity? Or some governmental bureaucracy type deal?

There is a lot of land on WDW property that is set aside as a nature preserve. A map was posted here/elsewhere that showed what could/could not be used. (Edit - its in this thread: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/any-map-of-disney-owned-land-parcels.850498/)

I want to say it is self imposed but not 100% certain. Not sure if they could work out some deal to shuffle around the protected area somewhere else if they needed to use something close by for carsland.

Gatorboy

There is a lot of land on WDW property that is set aside as a nature preserve. A map was posted here/elsewhere that showed what could/could not be used. (Edit - its in this thread: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/any-map-of-disney-owned-land-parcels.850498/)

I want to say it is self imposed but not 100% certain. Not sure if they could work out some deal to shuffle around the protected area somewhere else if they needed to use something close by for carsland.

They have bought other land in past to replace areas that were set aside for preserves.

NoChesterHester

The heavy hullabaloo from a couple weeks ago sure has died down. Is an expansion still on track? Likely? Did the Lucasfilm acquisition change the thought process? Or... As was speculated before is there too much management uncertainty to push anything forward?

EOD K9

Question....does George Lucas still have some type of creative input for the new movies or is he totally 100% out of the picture? Also, a fifth gate will eventually happen....one day...I can't see them ever not putting one in. Even if its 25 years from now.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Question....does George Lucas still have some type of creative input for the new movies or is he totally 100% out of the picture? Also, a fifth gate will eventually happen....one day...I can't see them ever not putting one in. Even if its 25 years from now.

It was mentioned that he will be a creative consultant on at least some of the new movies.

muteki

Disney and RCID are still governed by state and federal water and conservation laws.

In what sense? Are such laws the reason why the specific acres were set aside for conservation? I can see where RCID may have worked out a deal to where a certain # of acres were set aside as a trade for something else.

They have bought other land in past to replace areas that were set aside for preserves.

That's what I thought.

Mike K

It's been awhile since I've posted but with the recent acquisition of Lucasfilm, I really hope that WDW opts for an expansion of more "Star Wars" in DHS as opposed to a copy of Cars Land. I know that Cars Land is being heavily considered and rightfully so, it's an incredibly fun and immersive land but I've said it once and I'll say it again, I think it is the crowning jewel of what makes DCA special now and that's where it should stay. No reason to just repeat yourself for east coasters (myself being included). "Star Wars" is a property that is so limitless in scope that the Imagineers could have a field day creating a truly immersive land based on it. Perhaps, in the next few months, more news will trickle out in regards to how "Star Wars''" presence will be added into the parks.

flynnibus

Premium Member
In what sense? Are such laws the reason why the specific acres were set aside for conservation? I can see where RCID may have worked out a deal to where a certain # of acres were set aside as a trade for something else.

In the sense of the creation of RCID does not absolve them from the hierarchy of laws in this country. RCID has governing rights to certain aspects, but requirements from higher authorities still apply. There are federal and state laws when it comes to natural resource management and RCID must conform with them. Issues like groundwater, run-off, water quality, are examples where RCID must still conform. For some reading into how conversation is approached in RCID's planning - check this out http://www.rcid.org/uploads/Conservation Element.pdf

A result of much of that regulation and planning is setting aside areas for conservation, etc. But RCID has always had an eye towards that even before the boom of regulations... mainly from the founding principles when the original property was developed (remember those EPCOT principles..) and probably in large part the company's original desires to maintain buffers for isolation.

Also remember a large part of RCID's existance.. was based on managing water and erosion control in the region. Having that under Disney's control allows them great control over eventual land use instead of having to endlessly compromise with county planners.

muteki

In the sense of the creation of RCID does not absolve them from the hierarchy of laws in this country. RCID has governing rights to certain aspects, but requirements from higher authorities still apply. There are federal and state laws when it comes to natural resource management and RCID must conform with them. Issues like groundwater, run-off, water quality, are examples where RCID must still conform. For some reading into how conversation is approached in RCID's planning - check this out http://www.rcid.org/uploads/Conservation Element.pdf

A result of much of that regulation and planning is setting aside areas for conservation, etc. But RCID has always had an eye towards that even before the boom of regulations... mainly from the founding principles when the original property was developed (remember those EPCOT principles..) and probably in large part the company's original desires to maintain buffers for isolation.

Also remember a large part of RCID's existance.. was based on managing water and erosion control in the region. Having that under Disney's control allows them great control over eventual land use instead of having to endlessly compromise with county planners.

Thanks for clearing that up. I see that the maps in that document are dated Nov. 2009, did a similar plan exist prior to the construction of Animal Kingdom? I would be curious to see how that land was classified before the park was built.

Just curious how "untouchable" those massive tracts of lands in reality are. Hypothetically, if Disney really wanted to develop a portion of them, how much of a headache would it be? Or are these areas truly untouchable with current laws?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom