DHS CARS LAND

The Empress Lilly

BTW screw carsland....STARWARS FTW CAP LOCK ROOOOARRRRR
Whispers from the rainbow halls of Burbank speak of Cars Land at DHS being off the table. It will remain a DCA exclusive, to support that park's identity.

Instead on the east coast RSR will be rethemed to Pod Racing. Cars Land will be rethemed to the rocky, desert landscape of Tatooine. With the famous cantina. A second and third ride to be decided upon. The whole will be of the same scale and scope as Carsland, will even bear a close resemblance to it, but themed to Star Wars.

cheezbat

I am here with you... :(

I still hope that such a strong idea will someday again resurface. They say a good idea never really dies at WDI.

Can you say, "new Indiana Jones coaster?"

And with that, the new acquisition begins paying for itself, and an awesome Imagineering concept gets dusted off and used!

Magenta Panther

Whispers from the rainbow halls of Burbank speak of Cars Land at DHS being off the table. It will remain a DCA exclusive, to support that park's identity.

Instead on the east coast RSR will be rethemed to Pod Racing. Cars Land will be rethemed to the rocky, desert landscape of Tatooine. With the famous cantina. A second and third ride to be decided upon. The whole will be of the same scale and scope as Carsland, will even bear a close resemblance to it, but themed to Star Wars.

And Spaceship Earth will be painted black and renamed the Death Star. Can't wait!

Spike-in-Berlin

So It appears that DHS is going to be getting some form of Carsland and the Monster In coaster. I am very excited to hear this news and hope it comes to fruition. It would be great if the DHS gets these two new rides, then it will be up to eight rides for that park. What I was wondering is if anyone knows if they are planning on fixing the other problems in DHS? No clear themed lands, old Muppet 3D movie, Sounds Dangerous, Backlot Tour, the Hat, etc.

Sounds Dangerous has been closed early this year and they are not doing a refurbishment, it seems as if there is something new under construction in the building.

El Grupo

still think we may be jumping the gun on a star wars land...still think they make the movies first at least the first one

Have to disagree. IMO, Star Wars has global appeal and is the only franchise that can truly compete with Harry Potter at the theme parks. I suspect Burbank executives recognize that as well and will look to take advantage of their new property as quickly as possible. Besides, if they wait until after a movie is released, we'd probably be looking at 2017 before additions were completed.

Sounds like Disney has concepts for Star Wars based attractions sitting on the shelf. I wouldn't be surprised if they dusted some of those off quickly and begin rolling them out in all Disney parks, but especially DHS.

Further, I think the 3rd park in Anaheim is a few years away. However, imagine the possibilities now for that location with Marvel and Star Wars, plus Pixar and all the classic Disney properties.

G00fyDad

Scrap Carsland and go with The Star Wars expansion. Take out the now ridiculous BLT and Lights Motor Action, move Star Tours, and turn the whole area into Star Wars Land. Can you imagine Star Wars weekends after that? :D

El Grupo

Remember that Disney has had the rights to use Star Wars in the parks for 25 years and have chosen not to go beyound the one ride and store.

The question is were the rights limited to what Disney was already doing (e.g., Star Tours)? Because, apparently Lucas had been reluctant to move ahead with additional attractions.

Disneyhead'71

I don't know to much about the rights, but I am under the impression that the problem wasn't rights as much as Eisner!

Remember when Star Tours was opened one of the plusses of the ride system was that it could be updated easily. But Eisner and Lucas didn't get along and the upgrade took 20 years.

El Grupo

Then, if the key issue previously holding up further expansion on the Star Wars franchise was simply Disney (or a major executive) and Lucas not getting along, that should not be a problem going forward.

El Grupo

However, I don't think the choice was up to Disney on whether to expand on the franchise further as previously mentioned. Just basing this assumption on what the insiders have said before regarding adding Star Wars attractions.

Or, possibly Disney didn't want to pay Lucas what he was demanding for more Star Wars in the park.

Either way, this would not be an issue going forward.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Remember that Disney has had the rights to use Star Wars in the parks for 25 years and have chosen not to go beyound the one ride and store.

Big difference between paying royalities and promoting someone else's property... vs... building royalty free and promoting YOUR property along with YOUR merch and YOUR film library

The past only helps Disney because of the past experiences, relationships and past concepts. Things they didn't have with Marvel.

ChrisM

Is this legitimately sourced information or just sheer speculation leaking out of your balloon knot?

Atomicmickey

Wait, WHAT?!?

This is a cool idea. Yours, or fer realz?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I don't know to much about the rights, but I am under the impression that the problem wasn't rights as much as Eisner!

Remember when Star Tours was opened one of the plusses of the ride system was that it could be updated easily. But Eisner and Lucas didn't get along and the upgrade took 20 years.
It wasn't just Eisner. Remember Lucas also consulted on Alien Encounter and the various Indy attractions.

Spike-in-Berlin

I am a huge SW-fan but if that would be true (i hope is in not) that would make me quite sad, I had high hopes for the DHS Cars Land. And btw how do they want to use the Test Track driving technology for flying POD RACERS without making it look incrediby pathetic? You cannot simulate pod racers with Test Track cars so theywould have to develop a complete new technology.

cheezbat

Personally, DHS needs a complete overhaul and redesign. This parks pathways are all over the place and dead ended in areas.

I think they need to loop around near Rock N Roller coaster and tear out all the buildings in the Animation courtyard as well as other buildings back that way...

Build a Pixar Place expansion behind TSMM...including Monsters Inc coaster, Cars Land, and maybe a small omnimover style ride themed to Wall E or something...
Then get the Muppets area thematically correct...moving Pizza Planet out of there and returning the restaurant.

Moving down towards Echo Lake....completely eliminate the Sounds Dangerous and American Idol Experience buildings...this would be a great place for the Jedi Training academy, a Cantina restaurant, meet n greets, and a main Star Wars gift shop. Demo Backlot express and Indy Stunt show and you should have room for that cool X-Wing and Tie Fighter coaster concept...and a new awesome Indiana Jones sub land with a flume ride and smaller jeep ride.

Ok...guess I've been daydreaming a lot here...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom