DHS CARS LAND

Spike-in-Berlin

Disney Parks are Amusement Parks. And why don't you want it at WDW. I mean, you can always walk by it without hopping in the queue. Just like me not queing up for Storytime With Belle.

Not exactly Most experts today make a difference between simple amusement parks and theme parks and that's an important difference. Amusement Parks are e.g. Six Flags, Theme Parks are WDW, DL, Universal etc.
An amusement park is on a much lower level concerning theming, landscaping etc. Actually it's what Walt wanted Disneyland NOT to be.
And that's exactly what I don't want too. I do Space Mountain, I do Rock'n'Roller Coaster etc. I do any thrill ride at WDW. But I am quite sure that I couldn't do those extreme rollercoasters, too much for me. But I don't want attractions at WDW I can't do because they were built only for a very small faction of extreme thrill seekers. Just my opinion of course.

Disneyhead'71

Not exactly Most experts today make a difference between simple amusement parks and theme parks and that's an important difference. Amusement Parks are e.g. Six Flags, Theme Parks are WDW, DL, Universal etc.
An amusement park is on a much lower level concerning theming, landscaping etc. Actually it's what Walt wanted Disneyland NOT to be.
Actually Theme Parks are a subset of Amusement Parks. Disney Parks are Amusement Parks of the Theme Park genre.

lebeau

Actually Theme Parks are a subset of Amusement Parks. Disney Parks are Amusement Parks of the Theme Park genre.

This is a really bad argument.

So you're suggesting that because theme parks are a subset of amusement parks that anything that is good enough for your local amusement park is good enough for a Disney theme park. Is that right?

Is it me or was Eisner better for the parks than Iger? When Iger leaves what will he be known for? Giving us a new themed land with a restaurant and two c tickets? The DL side he has done wonders. Just not so sure about WDW. Paris that studios is a joke....

Disneyhead'71

This is a really bad argument.

So you're suggesting that because theme parks are a subset of amusement parks that anything that is good enough for your local amusement park is good enough for a Disney theme park. Is that right?

No, that's backwards. Everything in a Disney Park will fit in an amusement park, but not everything in an amusement park fits in a Disney park.

so what would busch gardens williamsburg be? because that to me is both an amusement and theme park...one of the great parks in the world

You are correct that it is both Amusement Park AND Theme Park. That is because ALL Theme Parks are Amusement Parks, but not all amusement parks are theme parks.

TheMackMachine

Is it me or was Eisner better for the parks than Iger? When Iger leaves what will he be known for? Giving us a new themed land with a restaurant and two c tickets? The DL side he has done wonders. Just not so sure about WDW. Paris that studios is a joke....

I feel that under Iger, WDW has been more concerned with their Resorts than their parks. Unlike when Eisner was in change.

El Grupo

We won't see the Jungle Cruise because the distance between the JC area and the proposed location of Fire Mountain or whatever they build there, is too large to include the JC, it would have to be expanded far beyond it's present area.

That is unless they used the same concept as was originally planned for the expanded Indy Jones in DL. The mountain would go directly behind Pirates. The expansion would require a slight re-routing of Caribbean Way. But, if they could have fit the mountain in DL (would have been where the existing Indy is today), it should fit in the MK as well.

gonnichi

So It appears that DHS is going to be getting some form of Carsland and the Monster In coaster. I am very excited to hear this news and hope it comes to fruition. It would be great if the DHS gets these two new rides, then it will be up to eight rides for that park. What I was wondering is if anyone knows if they are planning on fixing the other problems in DHS? No clear themed lands, old Muppet 3D movie, Sounds Dangerous, Backlot Tour, the Hat, etc.

matt9112

I love steel coasters but I'm also 2 hours away from Carowinds. That's not what I'm looking for at Disney. But my cousin, on the other hand, was upset at the lack of coasters at Disney. Can't please everyone, I guess.

on a side note...no thread jack intended....i was working in Charlotte a year or two ago and i went to carowinds....and shhh i went there on a friday....and yes i was at work =)

;) great coasters.....great park.

BTW screw carsland....STARWARS FTW CAP LOCK ROOOOARRRRR

Turtle

I personally hope that the Star Wars addition doesn't mean the end of Cars Land at DHS. It would still be a great and needed addition.
Sadly it's either Star Wars Land, Carsland, or Pandora. One of them has to go. A tough choice for me but I think Pandora should be shelved until it's a sure-fire hit with success in the new films

JustInTime

Sadly it's either Star Wars Land, Carsland, or Pandora. One of them has to go. A tough choice for me but I think Pandora should be shelved until it's a sure-fire hit with success in the new films
No way. With all the leaks and announcements and agreements, if anything Cars will be scrapped. Remember, TDA was totally against it coming anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom