DHS CARS LAND

Spike-in-Berlin

Personally, DHS needs a complete overhaul and redesign. This parks pathways are all over the place and dead ended in areas.

I think they need to loop around near Rock N Roller coaster and tear out all the buildings in the Animation courtyard as well as other buildings back that way...

Build a Pixar Place expansion behind TSMM...including Monsters Inc coaster, Cars Land, and maybe a small omnimover style ride themed to Wall E or something...
Then get the Muppets area thematically correct...moving Pizza Planet out of there and returning the restaurant.

Moving down towards Echo Lake....completely eliminate the Sounds Dangerous and American Idol Experience buildings...this would be a great place for the Jedi Training academy, a Cantina restaurant, meet n greets, and a main Star Wars gift shop. Demo Backlot express and Indy Stunt show and you should have room for that cool X-Wing and Tie Fighter coaster concept...and a new awesome Indiana Jones sub land with a flume ride and smaller jeep ride.

Ok...guess I've been daydreaming a lot here...

I would also still welcome a TRON area or at least attraction somewhere in DHS if Tron Legacy wouldn't have been such an incredible bad and dispointing sequel.

djkidkaz

Is this legitimately sourced information or just sheer speculation leaking out of your balloon knot?

So it was just announced less than 24 hours ago and already they called Imagineering to put a halt to Carsland at WDW and already came up with alternative solutions and know they will have two other undecided attractions. Yeah I dont think so.

Atomicmickey

So it was just announced less than 24 hours ago and already they called Imagineering to put a halt to Carsland at WDW and already came up with alternative solutions and know they will have two other undecided attractions. Yeah I dont think so.

You forgot the other part. "and then they called Empress Lily, and then it was posted here."

I know it's improbable, even impossible, but around here, ya never know...

menamechris

I have to assume that potential projects have now been put on hold, including Carsland. If anything Disney probably thinks something like this buys them more time to put off doing anything further. And corporate can't be anxious to put as much money as needed to fix DHS after this acquisition...

Pixiedustmaker

Carsland is new, and folks at DCA are going ga-ga over it, half because it is new, and half because it is excellent in terms of theming.

If Carsland comes to WDW, it would be over five years away as TDA apparently wants to keep Carsland exclusive for now, and drive interested parties to DCA to re-experience DLR's upgrades. Carsland was built to save DCA. It has, no need to rock the boat, IMHO. DHS doesn't have an attendance problem like DCA did, and projections for attendance are lackluster in Orlando given the economy. Plus, DHS isn't setup for easy expansion inside its perimeter, hence AK's expansion. AK could also handle more guests in the future.

Will Carsland come to WDW? Possibly years down the road as part of a fifth gate as that would be easier to build as it would on unusued land, as opposed to reconstructive surgery on DHS. I could see a new Star Wars Land as part of a fifth gate at WDW, possibly with Carsland. That, IMHO, is what could really drive attendance at WDW, all the big talk about a fifth gate, not just an expansion. With BVS & Carsland, DCA is practically a new park, when you also look at WoC.

There is a handy expansion pad near the MK's parking lot, perfect size for a fifth gate, and within monorail access.

menamechris

Will Carsland come to WDW? Possibly years down the road as part of a fifth gate as that would be easier to build as it would on unusued land, as opposed to reconstructive surgery on DHS. I could see a new Star Wars Land as part of a fifth gate at WDW, possibly with Carsland. That, IMHO, is what could really drive attendance at WDW, all the big talk about a fifth gate, not just an expansion. With BVS & Carsland, DCA is practically a new park, when you also look at WoC.

There is a handy expansion pad near the MK's parking lot, perfect size for a fifth gate, and within monorail access.

You sure have high hopes for a 5th gate. You bring it up often. It doesn't take away from the fact that if they were to actually build a 5th gate - they would still have to make the other parks better than they are. Each park would have to be a "must do, cannot miss" park. The last few years, DHS' attendance has already dropped, dropping to 4th place at WDW. It clearly needs work. If a 5th gate were added, people would not be adding more days to their vacation at WDW, they would be cutting out one of the "half-day" parks....

The only way for WDW to avoid this would be to have attractions in each park that guests will not want to miss out on each visit. DHS and DAK both fall short there...

Spike-in-Berlin

Carsland is new, and folks at DCA are going ga-ga over it, half because it is new, and half because it is excellent in terms of theming.

If Carsland comes to WDW, it would be over five years away as TDA apparently wants to keep Carsland exclusive for now, and drive interested parties to DCA to re-experience DLR's upgrades. Carsland was built to save DCA. It has, no need to rock the boat, IMHO. DHS doesn't have an attendance problem like DCA did, and projections for attendance are lackluster in Orlando given the economy. Plus, DHS isn't setup for easy expansion inside its perimeter, hence AK's expansion. AK could also handle more guests in the future.

It's not easier to build on unused land, meaning in a new park/fifth gate, it is far more expensive because you need new infrastructure, new cast members, new everything for the new park. It is far cheaper to fit it into an existing park, even if it means to move buildings, clear areas etc. That's why it makes absolutely no sense at all to build a fifth park in WDW in the next 15+ X years.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The only way I see a 5th gate happening is if it is a separate admission ticket. Star Wars is big enough to pull that off IMO. But I still don't see it happening. It's far easier for Disney to make up special ticketed events and 'weekends' to drive additional revenue.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

You keep re-posting this, do you have any evidence to back this up? A number of the insiders around here have said that Carsland is under serious consideration for DCA now, not 5 years from now (althought the Star Wars new might change that).

tomman710

Ugh ... no fifth gate (unless Disney wants to do some sort of centrally located in America hybrid Hero Park [Marvel/SW/Indy/Tron] in Texas!!) ... but seriously no fifth gate ... totally unnecessary. They can't even keep up with the four they have, why build a fifth they can neglect?

Restore EPCOT to some semblance of it's former glory, make DHS and DAK true full day parks, and then let's talk.

Spike-in-Berlin

Ugh ... no fifth gate (unless Disney wants to do some sort of centrally located in America hybrid Hero Park [Marvel/SW/Indy/Tron] in Texas!!) ... but seriously no fifth gate ... totally unnecessary. They can't even keep up with the four they have, why build a fifth they can neglect?

Restore EPCOT to some semblance of it's former glory, make DHS and DAK true full day parks, and then let's talk.

Exactly. A fifth park is a waste of money and other resources (and a HUGE risk) as long as all four parks need more attractions, new lands, major refurbs (Jungle Cruise, once a super-headliner, today a joke!) for years to come.

RSoxNo1

WDW needs a real coaster. 'nuff with the kiddie and family coasters already.

Thunder is a kiddie coaster, Everest a family coaster. Manta and Dueling Dragons, that's where it's at. Those are fun coasters, up to modern standards. Still relatively tame in comparison to what they build in thrill seeker theme parks.
Multi-Dimensional is where it's at.

matt9112

Can you say, "new Indiana Jones coaster?"

And with that, the new acquisition begins paying for itself, and an awesome Imagineering concept gets dusted off and used!

there is one in disney sea...easy clone however it appears to require more space than the current jones show area.

RSoxNo1

Completely disagree. Hulk is an eyesore. Total lack of theming except that it is green. The whole thing is entirely exposed track. What about this ride is well themed in your opinion?
I couldn't agree more. In my opinion, both The Hulk and Dragon Challenge should be removed for actual themed experiences.

RSoxNo1

Where would they put it? If you don't know the answer to that question, where would you put it?
Re: Where to put the Ratatouille ride. France is bordered by water on the International Gateway side, so I would guess any new attraction would go between the existing Pavilion and the Morocco Pavilion. The other option is to have it enter in the existing pavilion area with the actual ride behind the existing pavilion. There is plenty of room in both places.

Personally, I'd prefer that this and all future Pixar based attractions go to DHS.

matt9112

Multi-Dimensional is where it's at.

well in the traditional format at high speeds the height and length requirements for this type of coaster are quite high.

btw lilly you may call thunder mountain a kiddie coaster but you forget the time period it was built in....and its theming and immersion with "head choppers" still make it a great classic. just as space mountains dark abyss gets you in line every time.....but i agree that a true coaster is needed and can be done as i have said elsewhere done right with theming and guest immersion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom