December 2008 -- Hooray!!

BeanSz

Just confirmed our 9 day trip for December 2008. Very excited since I have never been there when the parks were decorated for the Christmas Holidays. This was our goal the last 2 years, but with the free dining offer for September, we have not been able to resist. This is also the first trip we have to pay for my son who will be 4 when we go. We hope my infant son loves WDW as much as my older son who is begging to go again.
We decided to try out the POFQ. We have stayed recently at CR, WL and POP. My wife liked POR when she went with family years back, and I am liking the review of POFQ. Thanks for listening. I just needed to share my excitement.

pixiesteno

79 days !!! :xmas: DH just saw the Disney Visa Reward Dollars balance..he's excited. Although I've been telling him that I've been working hard at having some great meal and spending money, I don't think that he quite understood how much. That, or he wasn't listening ... nah, he didn't understand; that must be it .:ROFLOL::ROFLOL: For some reason I'm beginning to think that people around me start to "tune me out" when I start talking about WDW; I can't imagine why, we all seem to get it here.:shrug::ROFLOL:I have notice that DS is coming in and spending more time looking over my shoulder when I am on the picture of the day threads; he should be primed and thoroughly stoked by the time that Dec 13 rolls around.

Upvote 0

BrittFranklin86

I'll be there Dec. 19th through Dec. 23rd with my family! One of my little brothers is turning 10 on Dec. 9th, so I'm surprising him on his birthday with the news that we're going to Disney World! It's been a little tricky discussing the plans with my mom, especially since I've been planning the trip since June, but everything is falling into place as it should (makes it easier since I'm the one doing all the planning and just relaying the plans to everyone else). We'll be staying at Port Orleans - Riverside!

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

Counting down by tens right now - down to 80 days as of today.

I am also taking 3 newbies, and I too have the power of all the planning!! It's getting harder and harder to keep everything a secret, though.

Upvote 0

bugsbunny

I've been going the first week of December for probably 10 years now. Historically, its one of the LEAST busy times of the year. Just about everything has little to no wait, unless of course its a Sat or Sun and you get all the locals. But you can ride ToT or RoRC with maybe a 5 min wait over and over again during week. Plus all of the decorations are out at the parks and hotels.

It just stinks that when I go for the Flower & Garden show or the Food & Wine at other times of the year, I quickly get reminded how empty the parks are during the first week of Dec.

Upvote 0
Almost time to go....

It is about 64 days here... we are going Nov 29 to Dec 6. I have gone at Halloween time the last couple years and last year we went in August...UGH tooooo HOT. So I have been missing Christmas in the Kingdom. We are staying at POP .... I've started putting small things in the suitcases just to help my countdown along a little :)
:xmas:

Upvote 0

bugsbunny

It is about 64 days here... we are going Nov 29 to Dec 6. I have gone at Halloween time the last couple years and last year we went in August...UGH tooooo HOT. So I have been missing Christmas in the Kingdom. We are staying at POP .... I've started putting small things in the suitcases just to help my countdown along a little :)
:xmas:

I use to stay at Pop just about every December, but had to give it up. It seemed that I was always right in the middle of the Pop Warner football tournaments that would go on at WDW. 95% of these teams stay at the Values and it becomes a sea of screaming 12 year olds with little to no supervision. Having a preferred room up by the pool turned into a non-preferred room in a hurry since all the kids were in the pool to what seemed like long after midnight. The parents woudl be few and far between and the ones that were there were all too busy drinking.

Upvote 0

momofnine

I use to stay at Pop just about every December, but had to give it up. It seemed that I was always right in the middle of the Pop Warner football tournaments that would go on at WDW. 95% of these teams stay at the Values and it becomes a sea of screaming 12 year olds with little to no supervision. Having a preferred room up by the pool turned into a non-preferred room in a hurry since all the kids were in the pool to what seemed like long after midnight. The parents woudl be few and far between and the ones that were there were all too busy drinking.

I realize that Disney brings in money with the pop warner being there, but why would they want and/or put up with all the problems? :shrug: It is turning off their guest who want to go, and I'm sure that they spend as much, if not more than the pop warner group. The bad press can't be good for them either.

Upvote 0

lighteningqueen

I always hear about all the problems with the kids but we were at Music last dec 8-15 and we didnt see or hear anyone. I think If poeple would think to where they are staying meaning SPORTS,,, doesn't that tell you boys and rowdy... Why do they pick Dec and Disney to do this at anyways. They cheer and play all day so why don't they stay somewhere like universal for that. But guessing if they do continue to be loud and disobey Disney may make them pay more and then they would quit staying there. Besides why would they get a better deal being a larger crowd. We didn't get any better deal staying in the suites for 5.. and we don't tear up things be loud, or swim all night. ha ha. What I can't figure out is why only the whole week we are going to be there,, that our week is the only week that did not get discount codes at all and its supposed to be the slowest. Oh yea 68 days and counting down. yipee

Upvote 0

pixiesteno

Down to 75 more days!! I'm hoping that the parks will be quiet during our stay 12/13-18. We were there during that same time frame in '04 and the parks were empty. In '05 I booked a week earlier -- yeah, didn't know a thing about Pop Warner, it was busier but not impossibly so.
DSIL and I were there this Feb for the last week (24-28) and although it was much busier than our two Dec trips, it was manageable. I think the longest we waited in line was about 1/2 hour. Then again, if the wait was too long we just moved on and enjoyed something else.
This is the first trip with DH & DS with using the buses, I'm hoping that the service is as excellent as it was in Feb. We're staying at PC so the fact that they have their own buses really, really helps.

Upvote 0

Katherine

Down to 75 more days!! I'm hoping that the parks will be quiet during our stay 12/13-18. We were there during that same time frame in '04 and the parks were empty. In '05 I booked a week earlier -- yeah, didn't know a thing about Pop Warner, it was busier but not impossibly so.
DSIL and I were there this Feb for the last week (24-28) and although it was much busier than our two Dec trips, it was manageable. I think the longest we waited in line was about 1/2 hour. Then again, if the wait was too long we just moved on and enjoyed something else.
This is the first trip with DH & DS with using the buses, I'm hoping that the service is as excellent as it was in Feb. We're staying at PC so the fact that they have their own buses really, really helps.

Glad to here it was so quite during that time because i just booked me and my roommate for a trip DEC 14-19!!!!!! AHHHHH!!!!! So excited!!!! 76 days!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom