dandaman Reloaded: 8/22-9/2

Hiya, folks! I just got back from an awesome trip to the World… and then some! I have school starting tomorrow, so excuse any possible delays on posting. Today, I don’t think I’ll even get to WDW with the updates! I’ll writethe report, then put the pictures with captions in the second half.

On with the show!

Day 1: Virginia Company

My family and I woke up around 5 a.m., though truth be told, I doubt anyone got much sleep. We loaded up the car (I think my dad would do wonders playing Tetris…), and left the house about 8 in the morning.

Gee, after that last paragraph, we’re REALLY off to an interesting start.

Anyway, I don’t suppose there’s much to say about today. A few notes from what I recall:

- For some reason, Mapquest had us cut clear across Ohio’s heartland to West Virginia, instead of taking the Turnpike to I-77 at Cleveland. However, it was actually a lot more interesting to drive that way, as there was a lot of different scenery changes I didn’t expect.

- Ate at “the ol’ standby”, Steak ‘n Shake, just before Columbus. The first time we ate here was just outside WDW almost 6 years ago, and I’ve loved it ever since. P.S. To the servers: Is it really that weird to order a Side-By-Side shake with chocolate mint and orange Freeze?… :lookaroun

- Just before hitting West Virginia, there were some really spectacular clouds overhead. It made the scenery look close to perfect.

- We finally arrived in Beckley, WV, around 4 p.m., and did a bit o’ shopping… well, kinda. The family did shopping, while I played some songs on some $25000 digital piano. I was amused, if not briefly. :D

“Ze Photos”

Either those are the weirdest clouds I’ve ever seen, or a thousand jets streaked across the sky without me knowing.

IMG_0415.jpg

If only I’d put the camera settings to 1024x768 instead of the lowest resolution.

IMG_0427.jpg

Ooh, the Ohio River… no one’s EVER seen this shot before.
IMG_0434.jpg

Welcome to redneck country!
IMG_0435.jpg

OMG! They painted the Capitol Building GOLD!

IMG_0456.jpg

…And that’s it for the pics today. Not much you can do sitting around in the car for 8 hours.

Tomorrow, we visit North and South Carolina! (*holds cue card* “Ooh, aah!”)​

dandaman

Original Poster
I'll be at WDW on the 30th of September and first of October!

It was rhetorical. :lookaroun :lol:

Danny.. That is so awesome...
I LOVE the commentary..!!

You made me laugh so hard..Cant wait for more..
You are the best..:)

Ok danny... i just spent 45 minutes reading and laughing and reading and laughing... LOL love your TR - you crack me up! :lol:

I aims to please. :D

I really like your pictures, but a lot of them turned out blurry. Quite a few of mine from my last trip did, too. I couldn't figure it out. Awesome pictures, though!

Yeah, they really did. Mostly night-time pics, though I couldn't really help the raindrops on the window shots, either. :lol:

Note to self: Next time, use flash more liberally!

Hells yes!!! <333 :D

I would have taken more, but it went by kinda fast. :lookaroun

On that note... I found myself often thinking, while taking the pictures, of what captions I'd use once I got home. (The only reason I kept those 5 interstate signs in, for example.) :lol: :lookaroun

bayoutinkbelle

Great report! Thanks so much. Loved the Jack Sparrow pics. Grrr!! :D I think the revamped Pirates ride is what I'm looking forward to riding the most on my trip (in 40 days!).

dandaman

Original Poster
Day 7: I Oughta Be In Pictures

Well, today I visited the Studios… unfortunately, I forgot my camera back at the hotel. Only time through the entire trip! There wee a lot of things I wanted to take pics of, but couldn’t.

Anyway, first thing I did is stick to tradition: check in to the Hollywood Tower Hotel. Oddly enough, Luke (“Pongo”) was there celebrating his birthday. I thought I’d saw him in line around 9:45, but didn’t think it was him. Naturally, I turned out to be wrong! Didn’t notice me, though, so there was another good meet-up opportunity wasted.

Next was Rock ‘n Roller Coaster, which always delivers a good ride. Since I was a single rider (twice in an hour), and usually am, I got the very front row to myself twice! Some of the best rides I’ve ever had on there.

It was getting close to the first showing of Lights Motors Action!, so we went there. Funny enough, through the huge say of humanity that was the stadium, we met the Burkes there for the day!

I still love this show. Honestly, though, can huge fireballs, fast cars, guns and stunts ever get any better? (Connor, don’t answer that.)

My family went back to Port Orleans, but I stayed with the Burkes and showed them around the park. I think we went to Great Movie Ride, One Man’s Dream, and Sounds Dangerous. Oh, for those of you who said the audio cut out, the seats and headphones are torn up, and “this show is BAAD!!1!1”… what are you talking about?! Even the Burkes, who’d never been to WDW, all loved it! I was surprised at it, too. Definitely not what I remembered it to be.

We met up with my family again, and thankfully, they brought my camera with them, too. Heck, by that time, though, it was nearly time to get in line for Fantasmic!

The photos should tell the rest.

My favourite sight in WDW… a huge ominous tower!

IMG_1055.jpg

Wherever lightning strikes… when nature is about to deal its worst… a saviour emerges. The people exclaim:

“It’s a storm!”

“Nah, it’s just rain.”

“NO! It’s…”

cooltext25604046.jpg

Today, we join our hero as he is about to face off with a worthy adversary… Cumulonim-Boss!

IMG_1056.jpg

In a spectacular clash above the heavens themselves, Weather Dude eliminates the cloud with a bright flash of light!

IMG_1058.jpg

…And thus, the day was saved!

IMG_1059.jpg

(Can I be a new Justice League member?)

DISNEY MULLET!

IMG_1061.jpg

OK, so everything was going perfectly fine during the show… when all of a sudden, no sparklers come on during the final, almost-Steamboat Willie scene. I feared the worst. Lo and behold, though, the characters come out from the mountain. A bit anti-climatic compared to the usual, but still, it‘s nice they had ANYTHING. To be honest, I’d thought they were storing it up in preparation for Tropical Storm Ernesto, but apparently it was just a week-long rehab.

It was EMH that night, too, so Cameron and I rode Tower of Terror and Rock ‘n Roller Coaster ‘till our sides hurt from laughing and screaming. That’s what I love about amusement/theme parks: At the end of the day, I’m dazed exhausted… and completely at peace with the world.

I leave you today with an unintentionally cool photo… DOUBLE VISION!

IMG_1074.jpg

Tomorrow, Epcot!

Connor002

Dan said:
I still love this show. Honestly, though, can huge fireballs, fast cars, guns and stunts ever get any better? (Connor, don’t answer that.)
Kiera Knightly would be a good addition.:lookaroun

Chape19714

It wouldn't work well in the storyline.

Unless the hero car rescued her in the final edited sequence at the end. :lookaroun
Anything with Kiera Knightly you could make work...Not a matter of should it be done, a matter of how it will be done!

Sorry, just had to say it! All in good fun!

Great report so far!

dandaman

Original Poster
Day 8: Golden Dreams

As promised, today I visited the park that used to have its own acronym: Epcot!

I believe I’ll interject where necessary, and continue on the photos, since I know that’s usually what I “read” whenever someone posts a TR anyway!

EXCLUSIVE SHOT!

IMG_1077.jpg

Yay wallpaper shot!

IMG_1078.jpg

An exclusive Dot shot… ice cream cart, before morning test runs!

IMG_1079.jpg

Heading towards Soarin’, I discover that Connor is approximately 502,015 years of age.

IMG_1080.jpg

It’s all big and purty

IMG_1081.jpg

Exclusive QUEUE shot!

IMG_1083.jpg

You saw it here first, folks!

IMG_1085.jpg

Eh, some artsy shot I tried.

IMG_1086.jpg

I requested “The Devil Went Down To Georgia”, but no such luck.

IMG_1089.jpg

“All I’m saying is, most Canadians don’t have a big blue building in their backyard, save for if they paint their igloos.”

IMG_1090.jpg

dandaman

Original Poster
Once again… NO ONE has this shot!

IMG_1092.jpg

And now, it’s time for my all-time favourite WDW attraction since my first visit: the model train exhibit between Germany and Italy!

IMG_1093.jpg

IMG_1095.jpg

IMG_1096.jpg

Haha!

IMG_1098.jpg

“Hell-o, ladies!” (Note: I bought this hat for Wacky Hat Day at school. Heh heh.)

IMG_1101.jpg

Where’s your custom theme song when you need it? (e.g. “Ride of the Valkyries” )

IMG_1102.jpg

dandaman

Original Poster
*gasp*… could it be…?

IMG_1128.jpg

OMG YES!!! SOMBRERO TIME!

IMG_1123.jpg

Small sombrero.

IMG_1111.jpg

BIG sombrero!

IMG_1116.jpg

“With my height and the hat’s width, I could probably take out a few basketball players wearing this…”

IMG_1117-1.jpg

Oth-enn-tick

IMG_1122.jpg

It’s a Goofonald cloud!

IMG_1129.jpg

…Just then, Ernesto came by without warning and blew down the wand! Huzzah!

IMG_1130.jpg

Pre-changed settings over to 1024x768 resolution:

IMG_1131.jpg

And POST-change!… Well, all my pics are at 500 for posting purposes, so I guess it doesn’t matter much. However, you can PM me if you want to request a wallpaper from this picture on!

IMG_1133.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom