dandaman Reloaded: 8/22-9/2

Hiya, folks! I just got back from an awesome trip to the World… and then some! I have school starting tomorrow, so excuse any possible delays on posting. Today, I don’t think I’ll even get to WDW with the updates! I’ll writethe report, then put the pictures with captions in the second half.

On with the show!

Day 1: Virginia Company

My family and I woke up around 5 a.m., though truth be told, I doubt anyone got much sleep. We loaded up the car (I think my dad would do wonders playing Tetris…), and left the house about 8 in the morning.

Gee, after that last paragraph, we’re REALLY off to an interesting start.

Anyway, I don’t suppose there’s much to say about today. A few notes from what I recall:

- For some reason, Mapquest had us cut clear across Ohio’s heartland to West Virginia, instead of taking the Turnpike to I-77 at Cleveland. However, it was actually a lot more interesting to drive that way, as there was a lot of different scenery changes I didn’t expect.

- Ate at “the ol’ standby”, Steak ‘n Shake, just before Columbus. The first time we ate here was just outside WDW almost 6 years ago, and I’ve loved it ever since. P.S. To the servers: Is it really that weird to order a Side-By-Side shake with chocolate mint and orange Freeze?… :lookaroun

- Just before hitting West Virginia, there were some really spectacular clouds overhead. It made the scenery look close to perfect.

- We finally arrived in Beckley, WV, around 4 p.m., and did a bit o’ shopping… well, kinda. The family did shopping, while I played some songs on some $25000 digital piano. I was amused, if not briefly. :D

“Ze Photos”

Either those are the weirdest clouds I’ve ever seen, or a thousand jets streaked across the sky without me knowing.

IMG_0415.jpg

If only I’d put the camera settings to 1024x768 instead of the lowest resolution.

IMG_0427.jpg

Ooh, the Ohio River… no one’s EVER seen this shot before.
IMG_0434.jpg

Welcome to redneck country!
IMG_0435.jpg

OMG! They painted the Capitol Building GOLD!

IMG_0456.jpg

…And that’s it for the pics today. Not much you can do sitting around in the car for 8 hours.

Tomorrow, we visit North and South Carolina! (*holds cue card* “Ooh, aah!”)​

dandaman

Original Poster
Tonight was my favourite WDW restaurant: ESPN Club at the Boardwalk. Great prices, even greater food.

I had to share my portion…

IMG_1250.jpg

…because I was saving up for the biggest dessert in recent memory (which, FYI, doesn’t amount to much.)

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you… the Superbowl Sundae!

IMG_1256.jpg

…And thus, in a matter of less than 10 minutes, we slayed the beast. Poor Sundae.

IMG_1257.jpg

All right, as promised, here is the incredibly anti-climatic ERNESTO!

IMG_1258-1.jpg

*snort*… it’s less rain than a typical summer storm, and even less wind. Once again, thank you, media conglomerates, for making the wrong call a right decision!

Since I only have 6 days in WDW (*sigh*…), tomorrow I’m visiting the Magic Kingdom again. ‘Till then!

Gucci65

That is the biggest dessert I have ever seen. So would you say if I ordered that while at dinner with my Dad and my daughter, then I need to invite the table next to us to join in?

Great report, love your photo captions!!

bayoutinkbelle

And now, an expedition to the twin peaks of Kilimanjaro. (A year’s supply of pocket lint if you get this reference.)

Are you and your twin brother leading the expedition to search for last year's expedition?

Your Everest account is hilarious! Keep up the good work because we all really appreciate it. Thanks! :sohappy:

dandaman

Original Poster
Beer and Ice Cream?

:lol: It just kinda got in the shot, I guess. (And before the I-Moms attack me, I did not partake in said drinking!)

That is the biggest dessert I have ever seen. So would you say if I ordered that while at dinner with my Dad and my daughter, then I need to invite the table next to us to join in?

:lol: No, we had another family that we knew dine with us. My family had gotten it last year on the Dining Plan, so we knew that not even 8 people could finish one. (It counts as the dessert for a table service meal, BTW!

ok PMP :lol: that was awsome danny.... LOL

I swear... you need to travel more... just for my sheer enteretainment... :lookaroun

Will do. :lookaroun

Funny you should mention that: I might be going to Ottawa for a week twice in 3 months, and may even be going to Florida again!

First Ottawa trip is part of our school's French course.

Second one has to do with some RCMP stuff, but includes forensic lab tours/experiments, and a whole lot more. Expenses paid by the government, too; only 100 kids in the whole country get to go. :D

I'm not entirely sure about Florida yet, but I'm about 75% sure we'll be gojng down there for a 3v3 soccer tournament. :sohappy:

And now, an expedition to the twin peaks of Kilimanjaro. (A year’s supply of pocket lint if you get this reference.)

Are you and your twin brother leading the expedition to search for last year's expedition?

Your Everest account is hilarious! Keep up the good work because we all really appreciate it. Thanks!

Nope, not quite. Keep guessing :lol:

Hint: The British are coming!

jesserin

:lol: It just kinda got in the shot, I guess. (And before the I-Moms attack me, I did not partake in said drinking!)

never. we know you better than that :kiss:

dan said:
:lol: No, we had another family that we knew dine with us. My family had gotten it last year on the Dining Plan, so we knew that not even 8 people could finish one. (It counts as the dessert for a table service meal, BTW!

hahahaha... wow... so it only took 8 of y'all to finisht that off? geez... y'all like your icecream ;)

dan said:
Will do. :lookaroun

Funny you should mention that: I might be going to Ottawa for a week twice in 3 months, and may even be going to Florida again!

First Ottawa trip is part of our school's French course.

Second one has to do with some RCMP stuff, but includes forensic lab tours/experiments, and a whole lot more. Expenses paid by the government, too; only 100 kids in the whole country get to go. :D

I'm not entirely sure about Florida yet, but I'm about 75% sure we'll be gojng down there for a 3v3 soccer tournament. :sohappy:

why does it not suprise me that you'd be included in that 100? :D you make your iMom's and iSis's proud danny!
:sohappy:

dandaman

Original Poster
Day 10: The House that Walt Built

Well, since I’ve already “broadcasted” from here, I think I’ll head straight for the photos from here to the end.

Not having a tray in hand this time around, I finally got a trolley show picture!

IMG_1261.jpg

Even nicer than a signature shot, IMO

IMG_1262.jpg

This and the preceding shot are two of my trip favourites. (Reminder/Shameless Plug: wallpaper available!)

IMG_1270.jpg

I think that if I’d flown down on the Astro Orbiter, I likely would’ve severed my head… yeah.

IMG_1271.jpg

Very few people realize that distant worlds have trees, too…

IMG_1272.jpg

Space Ranger Spin was next… 642,000 points! In your face, space coyote! (Since no one got the last one yet, the year’s supply of pocket lint prize has been carried over to whoever can figure out this reference instead!)

This shows up in at least a few more spots during the queue/ride. (Pollost Prime, Sector 1)

IMG_1273.jpg

And this one’s near the photo pick-up

IMG_1274.jpg

Have I already said just how much I love this pathway?

IMG_1275.jpg

Apparently the Magic Behind Our Steam Trains Tour was taking place. I had the same engineer 3 years ago!

IMG_1276.jpg

Since we just missed the Walter E. (and because Toontown was still closed), we waited in the station for the first “public” train ride of the day!

IMG_1277.jpg

dandaman

Original Poster
“Thar’s gold in them thar hills!”

IMG_1279.jpg

OMG! Rocks… BELOW A TREE!

IMG_1280.jpg

A Cosmic Ray’s feast!

IMG_1289.jpg

Le photo est dédié à Dot.

IMG_1290.jpg

These guys were pretty funny: The Main Street Philharmonic!

IMG_1291.jpg

Funniest moment: “Ladies and gentleman, allow us to introduce ourselves…”

To which the other band members turned to each other, shook hands, etc. :lol:

IMG_1293.jpg

Exclusive shot! Castle… sans decorations!

IMG_1292.jpg

“I’m a duck, now GIMME SOME CANDY!”

IMG_1295.jpg

Getting back to Port Orleans for the afternoon, I spotted one of Krystyna’s many minions.

IMG_1296.jpg

dandaman

Original Poster
Tonight shall here forth be known as… Steak Night! Concourse Steakhouse’s filet mignon officially rocks (so sayeth I), so naturally we got reservations here.

“Mr. Stokowski!”

IMG_1298.jpg

Exclusive… 3-IN-1!

IMG_1302.jpg

Despite 11 trips to WDW and 1 stay here, I’ve yet to actually find the five-legged goat! Argh.

IMG_1303.jpg

Medium filet mignon with cream cheese mashed potatoes and beef demi-glace… awesome.

IMG_1305.jpg

But, like many things in Disney, it only gets better.

IMG_1306.jpg

So we hopped back over to the MK to see Spectromagic…unfortunately, no Wishes tonight.

The only two shots that turned out relatively decent… but that’s my fault for not turning on the flash.

IMG_1310.jpg

IMG_1312.jpg

And that’s it from the Kingdom! Tomorrow, Epcot again, with SOREN! (You’ll see. :D)

DisneyBunny

Getting back to Port Orleans for the afternoon, I spotted one of Krystyna’s many minions.

IMG_1296.jpg

They're everywhere I tell you! Always watching... :drevil:

Tonight shall here forth be known as… Steak Night! Concourse Steakhouse’s filet mignon officially rocks (so sayeth I), so naturally we got reservations here.

Medium filet mignon with cream cheese mashed potatoes and beef demi-glace… awesome.

IMG_1305.jpg

But, like many things in Disney, it only gets better.

IMG_1306.jpg

Yum. But only medium? Tsk tsk... oh well. More rare steaks for me, I guess. :lol:

How would you say it compared to your other steaks?

nibblesandbits

Danny said:
The only two shots that turned out relatively decent… but that’s my fault for not turning on the flash.

Hey...just so you know...it really wouldn't have mattered if you'd had your flash on or not. While I might not be the expert that my parents are...more than likely the subject you would be photographing would be too far away for the flash to affect it anyway...causing your photos to look the exact same way they do now...or at least pretty similar.

I do really like the ones that did turn out though! :D

dandaman

Original Poster
Yum. But only medium? Tsk tsk... oh well. More rare steaks for me, I guess. :lol:

How would you say it compared to your other steaks?

Actually, I was quite surprised... I'd say third. I still love it to no end, but I, for some unknown reason, liked Coral Reef's even more. (Same cut, same type.)

And you were right in your saying that there's no beating Le Cellier :slurp:

Merci mon cher Daniel ! Je t'aime beaucoup !
And great job on all of your report!

Le Thanks. :lookaroun

Hey...just so you know...it really wouldn't have mattered if you'd had your flash on or not. While I might not be the expert that my parents are...more than likely the subject you would be photographing would be too far away for the flash to affect it anyway...causing your photos to look the exact same way they do now...or at least pretty similar.

I do really like the ones that did turn out though! :D

Yeah, I found that out on the first day the hard way. Not sure how it'd turn out from that distance, though. (About 20 feet or so)

Sorry, folks... something's come up at home, so I'm delaying my trip progress by a day. I promise that Epcot comes tomorrow! :wave:

dandaman

Original Poster
Day 11: Rediscovery

As promised, I’ve finally (and eventually) posted the last “official” day in the parks… and boy, what a day it was. Once again, I’ll try to let the captions speak for me. (Though I’m typing them anyways, so does that even make any sense?)

Existentialism has never worked out for me. :lookaroun

“Makin’ Memories”

Aah, the New Orleans morning stroll… nothing like it.

IMG_1314.jpg

Ate breakfast at Sassagoula. They made me chocolate chip pancakes on the spot! VERY good.

IMG_1315.jpg

I rode Soarin’ twice, due to unusual lack of queue. But here’s a few artsy shots to distract you from the fact that I’m currently extremely angry that Microsoft Works decided to exit out when I was completely done this update, and didn’t save.

IMG_1322.jpg

IMG_1323.jpg

IMG_1325.jpg

One can only guess what I rode next.

IMG_1326.jpg

We had noon reservations at Teppanyaki, so we had to rush there after Ellen’s Dream. We took one of the Friendships.

Let’s play, “Find the Tower!”

IMG_1327.jpg

I had no idea they began setting up for Reflections of Earth this early!

IMG_1330.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom