dandaman Reloaded: 8/22-9/2

Hiya, folks! I just got back from an awesome trip to the World… and then some! I have school starting tomorrow, so excuse any possible delays on posting. Today, I don’t think I’ll even get to WDW with the updates! I’ll writethe report, then put the pictures with captions in the second half.

On with the show!

Day 1: Virginia Company

My family and I woke up around 5 a.m., though truth be told, I doubt anyone got much sleep. We loaded up the car (I think my dad would do wonders playing Tetris…), and left the house about 8 in the morning.

Gee, after that last paragraph, we’re REALLY off to an interesting start.

Anyway, I don’t suppose there’s much to say about today. A few notes from what I recall:

- For some reason, Mapquest had us cut clear across Ohio’s heartland to West Virginia, instead of taking the Turnpike to I-77 at Cleveland. However, it was actually a lot more interesting to drive that way, as there was a lot of different scenery changes I didn’t expect.

- Ate at “the ol’ standby”, Steak ‘n Shake, just before Columbus. The first time we ate here was just outside WDW almost 6 years ago, and I’ve loved it ever since. P.S. To the servers: Is it really that weird to order a Side-By-Side shake with chocolate mint and orange Freeze?… :lookaroun

- Just before hitting West Virginia, there were some really spectacular clouds overhead. It made the scenery look close to perfect.

- We finally arrived in Beckley, WV, around 4 p.m., and did a bit o’ shopping… well, kinda. The family did shopping, while I played some songs on some $25000 digital piano. I was amused, if not briefly. :D

“Ze Photos”

Either those are the weirdest clouds I’ve ever seen, or a thousand jets streaked across the sky without me knowing.

IMG_0415.jpg

If only I’d put the camera settings to 1024x768 instead of the lowest resolution.

IMG_0427.jpg

Ooh, the Ohio River… no one’s EVER seen this shot before.
IMG_0434.jpg

Welcome to redneck country!
IMG_0435.jpg

OMG! They painted the Capitol Building GOLD!

IMG_0456.jpg

…And that’s it for the pics today. Not much you can do sitting around in the car for 8 hours.

Tomorrow, we visit North and South Carolina! (*holds cue card* “Ooh, aah!”)​

dandaman

Original Poster
Sorry to bump this up, but you should read the above post to get an idea for my next question.

Anyone know a good place to upload a 200 MB video? :lol:

I tried cutting out as much as I could, for both continuity and megabytes. Any suggestions would be appreciated. :wave:

hammysammy59

I know it's like a billion years after the fact, but I had to comment on how much this trip report ruled the roost. I've been kind of stressing about stuff, and this was an awesome ride/virtual trip back to the 'World. Danny, you are a funny-@$$ed kid, and would probably make a jawsome trip buddy.

Also, your Canuck lumber jack girl is a stone-cold fox.

Also, sombreros.

dandaman

Original Poster
I know it's like a billion years after the fact, but I had to comment on how much this trip report ruled the roost. I've been kind of stressing about stuff, and this was an awesome ride/virtual trip back to the 'World. Danny, you are a funny-@$$ed kid, and would probably make a jawsome trip buddy.

Also, your Canuck lumber jack girl is a stone-cold fox.

Also, sombreros.

I totally missed this, but it's a good thing it's only a couple days after the post (as opposed to a billion years).

Thanks very much on all counts.

Except...

2. She's not mine per se, I swear!

3. Yes. Sombreros. :D

//Still haven't been able to get up those Teppanyaki vids. I can't even find them around the computer anymore as is, so it's just as well. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom