dandaman Reloaded: 8/22-9/2

Hiya, folks! I just got back from an awesome trip to the World… and then some! I have school starting tomorrow, so excuse any possible delays on posting. Today, I don’t think I’ll even get to WDW with the updates! I’ll writethe report, then put the pictures with captions in the second half.

On with the show!

Day 1: Virginia Company

My family and I woke up around 5 a.m., though truth be told, I doubt anyone got much sleep. We loaded up the car (I think my dad would do wonders playing Tetris…), and left the house about 8 in the morning.

Gee, after that last paragraph, we’re REALLY off to an interesting start.

Anyway, I don’t suppose there’s much to say about today. A few notes from what I recall:

- For some reason, Mapquest had us cut clear across Ohio’s heartland to West Virginia, instead of taking the Turnpike to I-77 at Cleveland. However, it was actually a lot more interesting to drive that way, as there was a lot of different scenery changes I didn’t expect.

- Ate at “the ol’ standby”, Steak ‘n Shake, just before Columbus. The first time we ate here was just outside WDW almost 6 years ago, and I’ve loved it ever since. P.S. To the servers: Is it really that weird to order a Side-By-Side shake with chocolate mint and orange Freeze?… :lookaroun

- Just before hitting West Virginia, there were some really spectacular clouds overhead. It made the scenery look close to perfect.

- We finally arrived in Beckley, WV, around 4 p.m., and did a bit o’ shopping… well, kinda. The family did shopping, while I played some songs on some $25000 digital piano. I was amused, if not briefly. :D

“Ze Photos”

Either those are the weirdest clouds I’ve ever seen, or a thousand jets streaked across the sky without me knowing.

IMG_0415.jpg

If only I’d put the camera settings to 1024x768 instead of the lowest resolution.

IMG_0427.jpg

Ooh, the Ohio River… no one’s EVER seen this shot before.
IMG_0434.jpg

Welcome to redneck country!
IMG_0435.jpg

OMG! They painted the Capitol Building GOLD!

IMG_0456.jpg

…And that’s it for the pics today. Not much you can do sitting around in the car for 8 hours.

Tomorrow, we visit North and South Carolina! (*holds cue card* “Ooh, aah!”)​

dandaman

Original Poster
Ooh.

IMG_0909.jpg

Aah. (The following were taken from the TTA)

IMG_0917.jpg

Heh. (I’ve sunk to a new low… one-word captions.)

IMG_0913.jpg

This was probably my favourite picture of the entire trip.

IMG_0931.jpg

You’re not even reading the captions now, are you?

IMG_0933.jpg

So I could just say anything, really.

IMG_0935.jpg

Y’know, th’ kids today, they’re all like the bleeble blabble and the frazzle snazzle and Jell-O Puddin’ Pops! [/Cosby]

IMG_0938.jpg

At this point in time, I got the one thing that everyone raves about here… and I’d soon find out it was all completely justified.

DOLE WHIP!!!

Who knew pineapple soft serve could taste that good? I don’t even like pineapple, and I have a craving for it right now!

I also learned some mathematics, though… Florida heat + soft serve = liquification. I would’ve taken a picture, had said Dole Whip not enveloped my carrying hand within 30 seconds of purchase. Needless to say, I had to eat it REALLY fast.

I meandered over in front of the castle, when I remembered the new parade was in a half-hour! Completely slipped my mind until that moment. So, I talked with a nice couple who were down from Ohio until it started, then stood up on a bench and snapped a lot of pics. See? Being 6’1” has its advantages, too! (The last picture you saw was taken from my viewing spot, so you can imagine how perfect it was.)

Overall, I really liked the parade more than the old SADCT one. The music was infectious, to say the least, and the floats were pretty good, too.

“Son… everything the light touches, is our kingdom.”

IMG_0936.jpg

These guys were from Alberta. Canada, represent!

IMG_0937.jpg

dandaman

Original Poster
Yay Walt!

IMG_0942.jpg

“Stop! In the name of love…”

IMG_0954.jpg

“Before you break my heart…”

IMG_0980.jpg

“Think it o-o-ver…” (In all seriousness, I laughed pretty hard when I managed to get three pics like that.)

IMG_0958.jpg

IMG_0950.jpg

IMG_0959.jpg

“Hey, you. Wanna buy a watch?”

IMG_0964.jpg

IMG_0976.jpg

Eh.

IMG_0977.jpg

For Vince

IMG_0982.jpg

dandaman

Original Poster
My favourite float.

IMG_0984.jpg

IMG_0988.jpg

“Gee, wouldja look at the time? We‘d best be going!”

IMG_0993.jpg

So, after the parade, I rode the TTA twice (hey, it’s always a good ride). I ended up spotting my dad down below, but he didn’t hear me, I guess. Anyway, I met up with the Burkes right after the exit ramp. They’d NEVER been to WDW before, so it was especially fun with them, seeing everything for the first time.

A freak/typical Florida storm hit, so we took shelter under the TTA (after riding it twice in a row again, of course).

Erin & Cameron

IMG_0999.jpg

The rain let up after about 20 minutes, so we headed to Toontown to meet Mickey.

And THAT’s why I love this little pathway the most.

IMG_1000.jpg

Cameron’s tagline of sorts seemed to be… “’Member _____? That was AWESOME.” It became the inside joke for the trip.

“’Member when I rode Mickey’s bike? That was AWESOME.”

IMG_1001.jpg

One can only imagine what we rode next… or at what time.

IMG_1009.jpg

“I’m a deceptively happy sun, now GIMME SOME CANDY!”

IMG_1020.jpg

WARNING: The following picture is an undoctored photo of many people’s ultimate nightmare… being stuck in it’s a small world.

IMG_1025.jpg

‘Warning to anyone named Dot: Do not throw product at others.’

IMG_1035.jpg

dandaman

Original Poster
Got a good photo from Frontierland.

IMG_1036.jpg

Regrettably (especially for Bunny…), no food photos at Crystal Palace. Sorry! I was trying to conserve battery power, it was pretty low.

My night photos aren’t all that great without the flash (what a concept), but I’ll share them anyway.

IMG_1047.jpg

This (rather blurry) picture is the first in the series entitled, “Sea of Humanity”.

IMG_1049.jpg

Hey, my firework pictures might not be clear, but they’re still cool in their own right.

IMG_1050.jpg

IMG_1051.jpg

My final picture of the night is of the best Jungle Cruise skipper EVER: James!

IMG_1052.jpg

Here’s the story: it was Extra Magic Hours that night, so we rode Jungle Cruise as usual. However, skipper James was on his game the whole cruise, and was so incredibly funny. Sure, he had the typical cheesy jokes, but there was so much more. A couple that stand out for me:

*sailing past the pythons*

“…Oh my gosh! Everyone lean to the right! SNAKES ON A BOAT!! Samuel L. Jackson, WHERE ARE YOU?!… Heh, that’d be kinda funny if Sam just raises his hand back there, ‘I’m over here, James!’”

*going past lion/zebra scene*

“Aww, look, they’re helping to clean up the zebra, and letting it sleep!”

James was probably my favourite Cast Member of the trip.

All right, I’m finally done for today! That whole update took me about 3 hours to complete… but I hope it’s worth it.

Tomorrow, the Disney MGM Studios!

Uponastar

Gee, who could this photo possibly be for?

IMG_0883.jpg

Or this one? (Note: I didn’t buy/use a credit here yet. I just took this so I knew where to find it.)

IMG_0884.jpg

‘Warning to anyone named Dot: Do not throw product at others.’

IMG_1035.jpg

Yay! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:
Thank you so much, Danny!

jesserin

Ok danny... i just spent 45 minutes reading and laughing and reading and laughing... LOL love your TR - you crack me up! :lol:

DanStat

I really like your pictures, but a lot of them turned out blurry. Quite a few of mine from my last trip did, too. I couldn't figure it out. Awesome pictures, though!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom