DAK Needs More Than Blue Aliens

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Yeah, THIS. There's no doubt Australia would be a huge hit in DAK. Throw in a few small rides and it'll be an even bigger hit.

I know the Avatar deal is signed and sealed and soon, under construction... I just wish the entire plan was more well thought out... years ago.

@WDW1974 I hope your trip is going well and you're collecting stories to share with us when you get back!

As to rides here a Soarin system would even FIT as both hang gliding and para-sailing are both popular sports Down under, A Bar serving Fosters would fit and you could even perhaps ask nicely and get a replica of This

http://www.overlanders.com.au/content/view/3/2/ in the northern hemisphere

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
A South America themed area would perhaps be free of the Brazilian tour groups at least. No need for them to visit what they see every day. jk Seriously though, it would be a great area IMO. They could even throw in an Indy ride based on the waterfall scene from "The Crystal Skull" movie. That was seriously the most unrealistic sequence I have ever seen in a movie so it would make for a great fantasy ride.

This also would be awesome - or perhaps a Cape Horn ride on a 3D simulator from the days of wooden ships and iron men.

ABQ

For the authentic Oz feel you need Fosters and Vegemite both :)
Oh please, that's like saying every beer stand in the US should serve Bud. (which thank God they don't) I believe I read somewhere that Aussie's dislike Fosters and it's not even in the top 10 of their beer choices. XXXX Bitter and Little Creatures Pale Ale are more favourable.

Groxtak

You're right! They need multi-colored, rainbow-like ones! Like these...

image.jpg

jakeman

For the authentic Oz feel you need Fosters and Vegemite both :)
See below.
Oh please, that's like saying every beer stand in the US should serve Bud. (which thank God they don't) I believe I read somewhere that Aussie's dislike Fosters and it's not even in the top 10 of their beer choices. XXXX Bitter and Little Creatures Pale Ale are more favourable.
Crownies are up there as well.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Kidding guys, kidding

BrianLo

Now I actually rather like Animal Kingdom, but I was curious why something like HKDL gets a pass these days as a pretty full day park and people seemingly still believe AK won't deliver. Here's the attractions roughly stacked against each other as they will presumably be in 2017. Obviously I understand some from column A are better than B and vice versa, that's not really the point I'm trying to make here though.

My ultimate conclusion really comes down to AK will be in pretty decent shape as far as headliners go, it just needs those few extra C and D's to fill things in a bit. Not everything needs to be a 500+ million dollar expansion these days, if WDW would just stay on top of their parks with a C/D every couple years I think these claims of a half-park would finally disappear.

HKDL------------------Animal Kingdom

Mystic Manor---------Kilimanjaro Safari
Grizzly Gulch---------Expedition Everest
Small World----------Dinosaur
Space Mountain------Kali River Rapids
Iron Man--------------Avatar Soarin’
Jungle Cruise--------Avatar Boat Ride
Fireworks-------------Upcoming Night Show
Lion King--------------Lion King
Philharmagic---------Bugs Life
Toy Story Playland--Hester and Chester’s
Tarzan’s Tree house-Maharajah Jungle Trek
Train------------------Wildlife Express Train
Golden Mickeys------Nemo show
-------------------------Exploration Trails
Winnie the Pooh
Buzz Lightyear
Autopia
Stitch Encounter
Spinners *2
Teacups
Carousel

Ignohippo

I'm sorry, as much as I like to beat the "WDW is stale" drum, once Avatar is built AK will be the last of the WDW parks to need anything.

I'm completely with BrianLo. I would love to see a "mini-Fantasyland" type area there with 3-4 dark rides based on animals (Jungle Book, Lion King, Fantasia and maybe one featuring the dogs and cats from Disney movies). They could do them using old tech – like Peter Pan or Pooh.

They could probably do the entire area for much less than The Little Mermaid cost if they would try to look at quantity (instead of spending hundreds of millions) and not go nuts on crazy expensive tech and elaborate outside theming.

MasterGracey82

They could probably do the entire area for much less than The Little Mermaid cost if they would try to look at quantity (instead of spending hundreds of millions) and not go nuts on crazy expensive tech and elaborate outside theming.

This. While everyone loves to see something new and innovative, it's not always necessary. AK already has a good stock of e-ticket rides, with at least one more to come with the Avatar expansion. To me, AK just needs a few high-capacity, high-quality, dark rides to help keep people in the park longer and help soak up some of their time.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
So what I got from this is AK needs more than just Avatar so an old plan from 2007 to build an Australia section of the park has been resurrected and has been greenlit. Sound about right;)

It helps to be able to only read the words you want to see...I wonder how long it takes for this rumor to hit twitter and go viral:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom