DAK Needs More Than Blue Aliens

taz0162

Ive said it before AK needs animals from Australia, and maybe the America (Bears, Antelope, Bison, Various lizzards, coyotes, Armadillos, Wolves, etc.) Why are there No Bears at all at AK? Seriously if a place is named Animal Kingdom it should include animals from more areas of the globe.

71jason

It requires two things one Disney no longer has (except in Accounting Dept) and the other they are unwilling to spend on parks

1 - Imagination
2 - Money

Agreed on #1 --but #2, this should be far cheaper. I find it hard to believe, say, the Sanford Zoo cost billions to set up. I can't believe animal habitats rival E-tickets in price. And I really think three themed animal areas, each with a C or D ticket and a restaurant and a shop to make money back, would be more effective than Pandora.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Agreed on #1 --but #2, this should be far cheaper. I find it hard to believe, say, the Sanford Zoo cost billions to set up. I can't believe animal habitats rival E-tickets in price. And I really think three themed animal areas, each with a C or D ticket and a restaurant and a shop to make money back, would be more effective than Pandora.

Agree especially Australia which has so many unique and wonderful animals and natural features like Ayers rock, This is one area where Disney's skill in rockwork would actually MAKE the attraction., You could even add an aquarium area where the Great Barrier Reef and SHARKS could be showcased,

Especially for WDW which is not boy friendly I've never seen a boy older than 5 who was not fascinated by SHARKS.

Prince-1

Agree especially Australia which has so many unique and wonderful animals and natural features like Ayers rock, This is one area where Disney's skill in rockwork would actually MAKE the attraction., You could even add an aquarium area where the Great Barrier Reef and SHARKS could be showcased,

Especially for WDW which is not boy friendly I've never seen a boy older than 5 who was not fascinated by SHARKS.

How about sharks with frickin' laser beams!!

Last edited:

Soarin' Over Pgh

Yeah, THIS. There's no doubt Australia would be a huge hit in DAK. Throw in a few small rides and it'll be an even bigger hit.

I know the Avatar deal is signed and sealed and soon, under construction... I just wish the entire plan was more well thought out... years ago.

@WDW1974 I hope your trip is going well and you're collecting stories to share with us when you get back!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Yeah, THIS. There's no doubt Australia would be a huge hit in DAK. Throw in a few small rides and it'll be an even bigger hit.

I know the Avatar deal is signed and sealed and soon, under construction... I just wish the entire plan was more well thought out... years ago.

@WDW1974 I hope your trip is going well and you're collecting stories to share with us when you get back!

Thought out - Boys this movie grossed a billion plus at the box office we can't lose, That is the level of thought that went into Avatar Land.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Why no love for South America? You know... the home of the Amazon rainforest?
A South America themed area would perhaps be free of the Brazilian tour groups at least. No need for them to visit what they see every day. jk Seriously though, it would be a great area IMO. They could even throw in an Indy ride based on the waterfall scene from "The Crystal Skull" movie. That was seriously the most unrealistic sequence I have ever seen in a movie so it would make for a great fantasy ride.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
How about sharks with frickin' laser beams!!

Or they could buy the Sharknado IP and mix it with Star Wars!

sharknado.jpg

BryceM

This is such a no-brainer I don't know why they haven't. Koalas/kangaroos easier to come by than giant pandas, throw in an off-the-shelf thrill ride (the "Boomarang," the "Walkaround," whatever) and a restaurant, gives guests another hour or two, and the internet fanbase would explode.
"All DAK needs is a Vekoma Boomerang!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom