D23's Magic & Merriment at Walt Disney World

jakeman

It's been peppered throughout the thread...though, like I said we don't know it's validity or not.:wave::lol:

Are we going in a circle? It's too late for me!:lol:
We might be. :lol:

I read the thread twice and its just an assumption that is dangerously close to becoming an unverified "fact".

The Mom

Premium Member
There is no point arguing about how many tickets were available, as we have no way of knowing. People have been throwing out numbers with no real knowledge.

We also have no way of knowing how many people joined specifically for this event, which may have lengthened the usual 24 - 48 hours member processing time. It also says that the offer is only open to members in good standing. Perhaps that precludes people joining at the last minute specifically for this event? The tickets may have been given to people who joined last summer first, before being offered to new members? :shrug:

I have no way of knowing (nor does anyone else, at this point) whether the event sold out quickly due to limited spots, or due to popularity.

So everything posted (beyond the first few posts) is speculation - including this post. ;)

EPCOT Explorer

We might be. :lol:

I read the thread twice and its just an assumption that is dangerously close to becoming an unverified "fact".
:lol: Exactly.

There is no point arguing about how many tickets were available, as we have no way of knowing. People have been throwing out numbers with no real knowledge.

We also have no way of knowing how many people joined specifically for this event, which may have lengthened the usual 24 - 48 hours member processing time. It also says that the offer is only open to members in good standing. Perhaps that precludes people joining at the last minute specifically for this event? The tickets may have been given to people who joined last summer first, before being offered to new members? :shrug:

I have no way of knowing (nor does anyone else, at this point) whether the event sold out quickly due to limited spots, or due to popularity.

So everything posted (beyond the first few posts) is speculation - including this post. ;)
Yep! Thanks, Mom.

SoccerMickey

I was talking to some D23 representatives yesterday at the Sip and Stroll at Epcot (which was fun!) and they said the cap for the Magic and Merriment was 200 people.

The Mom

Premium Member
Still not 100% verified, but a heck of a lot closer than the numbers being bandied about earlier. Still pretty low, but more in keeping with the size of one of the venues - if it is the old Swan boat dock, which would be pretty crowded with more than that number. Thank you!

So we've gone from 50 to 200. Do I hear 300? Anyone? ;)

SoccerMickey

Still not 100% verified, but a heck of a lot closer than the numbers being bandied about earlier. Still pretty low, but more in keeping with the size of one of the venues - if it is the old Swan boat dock, which would be pretty crowded with more than that number. Thank you!

So we've gone from 50 to 200. Do I hear 300? Anyone? ;)

The Sip and Stroll cap was 200 as well and for some reason that did not sell out like M&M. Only 34 people ended up for yesterday's event, very nice and the people we spoke to yesterday said 200 is the most manageable number for the theme park events because trying to accomodate more than that for special perks like the VIP seating for the Christmas Parade, Eat to the Beat, and wine seminar tickets would almost be impossible

kennygman

My issue was more the lack of customer support and response than just the sell out of the event. I've still not received one contact from anyone in D23. Disney Store eventually refunded my money on the membership as it was 5 days after my purchase and it still wasn't activated. I don't beleive continuous responses to Dear D23 Guest or Dear Disney Guest shows much concern for paying members.

dernamekim

I just received this email today. One would hope they would at least explain in a post online as to how the wait list works. I got on the wait list, but I was hopeful to at least find out when I would know for sure if I was admitted to the event.

That's all I asked in my email. When and how would we be informed if we made it off the wait list and into the event. I live in CT, I have to make travel plans obviously.

Thank you for contacting D23’s Magic & Merriment Customer Service.

We appreciate your interest in joining us for this event. Due to the intimate nature of the experience, a limited number of tickets are offered each time we do this event.

We are continuously working to add new events for our members. Please check our website at d23.disney.go.com for future events.

Thank you and have a great day!

KingdomHeart

I still have not been charged, despite getting a confirmation email, and them getting an authorization to charge my card and my emails to confirm that I still have my confirmed tickets have been to absolutely no avail.
-Nicholas, who is getting REALLY worried.

SoccerMickey

I still have not been charged, despite getting a confirmation email, and them getting an authorization to charge my card and my emails to confirm that I still have my confirmed tickets have been to absolutely no avail.
-Nicholas, who is getting REALLY worried.

Hold on to that confirmation and until you hear otherwise assume all is good. Or just print it and say you never heard otherwise. They won't kick you out

WDWFigment

So I hope everyone from here who will be attending goes armed with their cameras and posts thorough updates when they return.

I really wish we could've done it this year. I'll bet anything that if they do it again next year it'll cost a fair deal more or cut some offerings.

palmickey420

Magic kingdom's holiday D23 lounge will be outdoors at the swan boat landing and I'm assuming epcot's will be at the odyssey if I read that right. If not then I bet it will just be at an unused VIP sponsor lounge like the old AP lounge of yore

2 questions 1. where are the swan boats 2. are they open the entire season for D23 members or just for the members doing the event

kennygman

It's the landing in the rose garden. Just for the event I would presume. Still the WORST customer service experience of my life.

Horizonstta

To D23? Wow. Did they refund you or say anything?

I only signed up to D23 to get tickets for Magic & Merriment. As discussed in this thread, since there was no real chance to actually get tickets to the event, I saw no reason to keep my membership. I sent countless emails with my complaint about the process to get tickets for the event. I kept getting form responses that never answered my complaint or question on cancellation. On my last email, in the subject line, I put "PLEASE PROVIDE AN ACTUAL RESPONSE" and I finally got confirmation that I would receive a refund.

EPCOT Explorer

I only signed up to D23 to get tickets for Magic & Merriment. As discussed in this thread, since there was no real chance to actually get tickets to the event, I saw no reason to keep my membership. I sent countless emails with my complaint about the process to get tickets for the event. I kept getting form responses that never answered my complaint or question on cancellation. On my last email, in the subject line, I put "PLEASE PROVIDE AN ACTUAL RESPONSE" and I finally got confirmation that I would receive a refund.

Wow. Not bad on their part for refunding you, but pretty bad on the responses. That's just rude.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom