D23: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event—Coming to Anaheim Next August

DisneyHead123

Apparently there’s been a massive leak of information from Disney’s internal Slack. A lot of information is going to be out there soon.
That’s upsetting. I’m sure people work very hard on these projects and presentations. What’s the point of people who are presumably fans ruining the impact for both audience and presenters?

OptimusPrime

In the Parks
No
That’s upsetting. I’m sure people work very hard on these projects and presentations. What’s the point of people who are presumably fans ruining the impact for both audience and presenters?
Hack was done by NullBulge. They’re an activist hacking group, they did it because Disney is robbing creators of their royalties.

brb1006

Shut the front door! I had no idea Disney owned Spirited Away! I’m not super into anime (I probably would have been if I was born a bit later,) but I remember being a young adult, living on my own for the first time and having a bad flu. I happened to see Spirited Away while holed up in my apartment feeling miserable and it just blew me away.

Honestly if Disney is trying to appeal to older kids / tweens / teens in a gender neutral way, anime seems like an obvious route. In a way it seems like a perfect fit in terms of Disney’s evolution. A lot of programming for those age ranges appeals to kids by being crude, gross out, violent, etc. Anime often retains a kind of refined artistic quality yet is still considered cool with The Young People, at least many of them. Spirited Away would be a great choice but so would hiring some qualified anime storytellers and creating an original Disney anime film/s. I think a modern day Japanese princess making her way through Japan with some kind of mystical twist would be great. They could feature everything from Harajuku to picturesque Japanese temples.
Disney no longer has the distribution rights to Studio Ghibli films including Spirited Away. Plus there's already a Studio Ghibli Park in Japan called "Ghibli Park" (emphasis on "Park") and doesn't focus on attractions.

Moth

I swear I

i hope I don’t get banned for this: but WDI was apparently NOT affected by the hack. That is all. Don’t ban me please
Early reports said WDI content is in the hack but I urge everyone here to not share it or even mention it at all. Nothing in the leak is worth risking legal repercussions over spreading it, and Disney allegedly has some top people on the case already.

There is nothing in those files worth risking this site, and possibly your life for. Do not engage with the leak, do not touch the leak.

vikescaper

Getting things back on track regarding D23, apparently they have updated the Things to Know section of the website. They are now saying that no outside food or beverages will be allowed in to the convention center. I don’t remember if this was the case for 2022 but I remember bringing food in while we waited in the standby queue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom