D23: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event—Coming to Anaheim Next August

vikescaper

Thanks for the reassurance, everyone! After the adrenaline-fueled adventure that was securing passes, it's good to know that panel reservations are one thing that can be done in a leisurely manner! I'll probably put in my requests later tonight.

On another note, I haven't heard anything about shopping reservations. In the past, you could also reserve a time slot for going to the stores; otherwise you could be waiting in line for hours to get in. I'm wondering if the shopping being all moved to the North pavilion means that more people will be able to get inside at once, therefore negating the need for reservations.
I have a feeling that the main shops will utilize a virtual queue like they did in 2022. Only because of how popular the shopping is.

vikescaper

I remember getting into the virtual queue. Maybe on the last day, they opened it but. I could be remembering incorrectly, though.
Okay, I was going through my text messages from D23 2022 and virtual queue was used for the shops even on the last day. Going through the messages brought back some fun memories, like the time I fell asleep in the hotel room and my sister was trying to figure out what happened to me.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here is some additional information D23 has shared related to reservations and arrivals:

It is recommended that guests depart for the Honda Center at least 90 minutes prior to show time.

Reservations for Anaheim Convention Center presentations and experiences will be randomly distributed based on preferences and availability through a Reservation Random Selection Process ("Reservation RSP"). Starting August 2, reservations will be assigned and any confirmed reservations communicated via email. Please note it may take a few days to receive your email after this date if you are assigned reservations.

If you were assigned a reservation, please check for the arrival time noted below. If you do not arrive at the location by the time specified prior to your reservation, your place may be filled by a standby guest.

Stage Presentations:
  • For the Premiere Stage presented by Fandango, arrive at the queue in Hall A at least 45 minutes prior to the start of the presentation.
  • For The Walt Disney Archives Stage, arrive at the queue on the 3rd Floor at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the presentation.
  • For the Backlot Stage, arrive at the queue on the 2nd Floor at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the presentation.
  • For the Hyperion Stage, arrive at the queue on the 2nd Floor at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the presentation.
Talent Central: Arrive at Talent Central in Hall C 15 minutes prior to the start of your reserved time slot.

Show Floor Experiences: Arrive at the location of the Show Floor Experience 15 minutes prior to the start of your reserved time slot.

For guests who do not receive reservations for their preferences at the Anaheim Convention Center, standby queues will be available for presentations at Anaheim Convention Center Event Stages, Talent Central, and most Show Floor Experiences. NOTE: Evening shows at the Honda Center are for D23 Ultimate Fan Pass ticket holders only. There are no reservations or standby queues available for the Honda Center.

Surferboy567

It is recommended that guests depart for the Honda Center at least 90 minutes prior to show time.
Most days, I’m fine with this timing. However, on the first day of the expo I have a panel that I don’t want to miss that ends at 5:15. Approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes before the start of the Entertainment panel. My only issue is that I assume I’ll have bags from the entire day’s activities.

What is the play here? Should I try and drop off bags before the panel then go directly to the Honda Center? Try to go to the hotel and then take an Uber to the Honda? The panel I hope to attend I’d say has a heightened chance of a giveaway.

vikescaper

Most days, I’m fine with this timing. However, on the first day of the expo I have a panel that I don’t want to miss that ends at 5:15. Approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes before the start of the Entertainment panel. My only issue is that I assume I’ll have bags from the entire day’s activities.

What is the play here? Should I try and drop off bags before the panel then go directly to the Honda Center? Try to go to the hotel and then take an Uber to the Honda? The panel I hope to attend I’d say has a heightened chance of a giveaway.
Which hotel are you staying at? I think in the survey they sent out, that they will be offering bag check at Honda Center.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Details from D23 on how to shop for merchandise during D23: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event:

Disney is dedicated to making the fan shopping experience seamless and is excited to announce the return of merchandise mobile checkout and virtual queue at select locations. Both services will be available through a direct link from the Disney D23 app to the Disneyland app. The Disney D23 app is currently available for download on the app store for iOS and Android devices and an update coming soon will add functionality to help guests navigate all the entertainment, presentations, shopping, photo opportunities, and magic that Disney has in store at this year’s event. The Disneyland app is currently available for download on the app store for iOS and Android devices. Many locations are cashless venues and will only accept a credit or debit card.

Fans will have the opportunity to explore the show floor while waiting to shop by signing up for a “boarding group” with virtual queue on the Disneyland app through the Disney D23 app and receive a notification when it’s their turn to shop. Joining the virtual queue does not grant immediate access to any experience, and there may still be a queue and waiting period at the location. The virtual queue is limited in capacity and subject to availability.

Guests will be able to access the D23 Marketplace, The Walt Disney Company Store, The Walt Disney Company Pin Store, Mickey’s of Glendale (Friday only), Mickey’s of Glendale Pin Store, and Disney Studio Store Hollywood (Friday and Saturday only) only via virtual queue. Virtual queue will be required to shop at these locations starting when the event opens at 9:00 a.m. PT each day. There will be no stand-by queues available in the mornings, but stand-by opportunities may be available later in the afternoon each day if all virtual queue boarding groups have been recalled. All merchandise is subject to availability and inventory may sell out. The number of items per purchase will be limited. Traditional queuing is available at locations not utilizing virtual queue.

Save time while shopping by paying for items using the Disneyland app at select locations. Simply scan each item’s barcode to add it to a shopping bag and pay for items by selecting “Purchase.” Once a purchase is complete, show the QR code confirmation to a cast member at the merchandise mobile checkout station to scan before exiting the store. A digital receipt will be sent to the email address linked to the Disneyland app, and all eligible discounts will be automatically applied. The merchandise mobile checkout service is available in addition to traditional checkout services.

More information on merchandise areas can be found at the link below:

Salted Nut Roll

One more question for those that were there in 2022 (Sorry to be annoying): Is everyone basically guaranteed to get at least one panel, or is there the possibility of ending up with nothing at all?
Just trying to set my expectations!

vikescaper

One more question for those that were there in 2022 (Sorry to be annoying): Is everyone basically guaranteed to get at least one panel, or is there the possibility of ending up with nothing at all?
Just trying to set my expectations!
I still have the emails from 2022 for my selections and what I was assigned.

Here were my selections:

Day 1

Show Floor Experiences

Pixar Ball - Giveaway #2

StagePass

Walt's Plane: Taking Flight Through Disney History
StagePass - Hall D23

Studio Showcase, Day 1: Celebrate the Magic of Disney and Pixar
Disney Legends Awards Ceremony

Day 2

StagePass

MARVEL COMICS: Celebrating 60 Years of the Amazing Spider-Man

Uncovering Treasures from the Marty Sklar Collection

StagePass - Hall D23

Studio Showcase, Day 2: Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, and 20th Century

Day 3

StagePass

Walt Disney Imagineering: 70 Years of Making the Impossible, Possible 1 guests

StagePass - Hall D23

A Boundless Future: Disney Parks, Experiences and Products

Of those, I got selected for the following:

Day 1: Pixar Ball

Day 2: MARVEL COMICS: Celebrating 60 Years of the Amazing Spider-Man

Day 3: Walt Disney Imagineering: 70 Years of Making the Impossible, Possible

Salted Nut Roll

Thanks, @vikescaper! Looks like chances are good to get at least something.

Also, I finally sat down w my friend to work out panel selection and sign up for panels, and....it doesn't seem to be asking for a badge number when I enter the selection page? It just wants me to be logged in. So how does it know what badge I'm making selections for? I'm currently panicking because I have two badges under my membership account, one for myself and one for my friend. I bought one for each of us so that only one of us would have to suffer through the buying process.
We didn't do the transfer, because we've had one of us buy both tickets before without issues putting in panel reservations, so we decided to skip the hassle since we'll be together the whole time anyway.

I've searched through the panel reservation guide, and I can't find anything about making two separate reservations. Are we stuck only making one set of selections between the two of us?

Thanks so much in advance!

vikescaper

Thanks, @vikescaper! Looks like chances are good to get at least something.

Also, I finally sat down w my friend to work out panel selection and sign up for panels, and....it doesn't seem to be asking for a badge number when I enter the selection page? It just wants me to be logged in. So how does it know what badge I'm making selections for? I'm currently panicking because I have two badges under my membership account, one for myself and one for my friend. I bought one for each of us so that only one of us would have to suffer through the buying process.
We didn't do the transfer, because we've had one of us buy both tickets before without issues putting in panel reservations, so we decided to skip the hassle since we'll be together the whole time anyway.

I've searched through the panel reservation guide, and I can't find anything about making two separate reservations. Are we stuck only making one set of selections between the two of us?

Thanks so much in advance!
You’re welcome! It was a bit of a learning curve for me back in 2022 as it was my first D23 and wasn’t sure on what to expect. I was disappointed that I didn’t get any of the Hall D23 presentations but I got lucky with the standby queue. I am going to go back and look at my selections for this year and reassess what I selected.

I was doing some digging around on Reddit and it does sound like you and your friend are stuck making one set of selections between the two of you. I suggest selecting the ones you really want to attend and then use standby for any others.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom