D23: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event—Coming to Anaheim Next August

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrainsOfDisney

I suppose you could contact the seller and inform them which panels you would be interested in.
I’m not worried about that - I can just wait in standby. But with nothing in my name / account I’m not flying to California and booking hotels - that’s a total gamble.

OptimusPrime

In the Parks
No
Hello Walking Man, my old friend.
I've come to walk with you again.....
We come back quite often to walk with our dearest Walking Man.
Someday, we will take our last walk with him, as he guides us into the great beyond.

And that, my friends, is what life is all about.

Salted Nut Roll

This is my first time doing the lottery thing, so maybe I'm missing something, but is there any benefit to jumping in the reservation line right away? From what I understand, the panel spots aren't going to be awarded til the beginning of August. So that should mean everyone gets an equal opportunity regardless of their place in line or whether they signed up today or waited til, say, the 19th, right?
Just want to make sure I've got this correct!

DCBaker

Premium Member
This is my first time doing the lottery thing, so maybe I'm missing something, but is there any benefit to jumping in the reservation line right away? From what I understand, the panel spots aren't going to be awarded til the beginning of August. So that should mean everyone gets an equal opportunity regardless of their place in line or whether they signed up today or waited til, say, the 19th, right?

You are correct:

The Reservation RSP is not first come, first served and there is no priority provided to entries based on the date and time they are submitted. You will have until 12 p.m. PT on Friday, July 19, to make your selections before the entry period closes. You can return to the page as often as you would like to review and modify your reservation selections before the entry period closes.

Surferboy567

There is no benefit to doing it early correct. It also wasn’t that hard to do and I just wanted it to be done.

BrianLo

For me, on Friday I’m sticking to the 2 core panels I want to see and not going to make any selections for anything else.

On Saturday, I only have one core panel so I’m also loading up on other selections. 4 show floor, 1 talent central.

On Sunday, I again only have one core panel so loading up on other selections 3 show floor, 1 talent central.

If you want a specific reservation I sugguest not putting for anything else really on that day besides the thing you want to see. If you don’t get the reservation I already blocked that time off in my head for the standby.

Please also be mindful of the Honda Center and transit time if you are attending the larger presentations.

This was vaguely my strategy as well, though I picked four panels every day because there were generally four I'd like to attend.

Last cycle I picked very very few things (mostly just the keynote panels) because I was sketched out how if you picked another category it would not rank it 5, 6, 7 etc.

Whether luck or not I went 3/3 on the Hall D23 panels. It's nice this year I'm already starting with that in the bag, so I'd like to actually experience the show floor and other offerings more so this go around.

Last edited:

BrianLo

There is no benefit to doing it early correct. It also wasn’t that hard to do and I just wanted it to be done.

No, I did not queue up in 2022 at the opening of the RSP, leisurely doing it later in the day and went 3/3 on the highest priorities. So I can say definitely the submission timeline wasn't important. I know they say it isn't, but you know how these things may be lies under the hood. :p

BrianLo

On first blush, I think the general conference is a lot stronger this year. There is a lot more that I find interesting. Even the descriptions of the various booths this year sound quite a bit superior. Interested to see the layout.

In terms of major booths, we have a new light storm one. Though down an equivalent to Walt's plane exhibit, since there is only one archives booth again. The broadway booth sounds significantly bigger than before.

The streaming booth has seemingly split into three separate booths this year (D+, Hulu and ESPN)? Or perhaps still all together in one big area, just describing the separate experiences.

The Journey into storytelling booth has seemingly split into 8? Nat Geo Hexadome, Good Morning America, Abbott Elementary, Freeform, D Jr, Disney Channel, Descendants, FX. Or likewise is still just one big area, but they've just described the separate components.

Marvel, Lucasfilm, FX, Nat Geo, Hulu all seem to have more interesting exhibits to me than prior years. I'm into the shows they are highlighting or want to see the tech.

----

I really want to see the show floor map as well... I assume the Premiere Stage is getting a significant sizing upgrade and uses a portion of Hall D23, so those reservations may not be too hard to come by.

Salted Nut Roll

Thanks for the reassurance, everyone! After the adrenaline-fueled adventure that was securing passes, it's good to know that panel reservations are one thing that can be done in a leisurely manner! I'll probably put in my requests later tonight.

On another note, I haven't heard anything about shopping reservations. In the past, you could also reserve a time slot for going to the stores; otherwise you could be waiting in line for hours to get in. I'm wondering if the shopping being all moved to the North pavilion means that more people will be able to get inside at once, therefore negating the need for reservations.

Jedi14

I’m hoping this year I’m able to get more than one reservation. I was only able to get the princess concert last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom