D23: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event—Coming to Anaheim Next August

OptimusPrime

In the Parks
No
Is it gonna be like three years after that where COVID happened? Maybe, but let's hope not and also not act like it was the norm. And yes, I realize they could have reacted to the closure very differently before someone says it. The point is that it was clearly especially abnormal.
Calling it now. 2027. Covid-19 2: The Sequel is happening

TrainsOfDisney

They are now saying that no outside food or beverages will be allowed in to the convention center. I don’t remember if this was the case for 2022 but I remember bringing food in while we waited in the standby queue.
My experience has always been - if it’s obviously breakfast - like from Starbucks or something - they know you are going to consume it in the queue. One security guy even joked with me and said “I know better than to tell someone they can’t have coffee!”

Of course they could be more strict this year.

BrianLo

Is it gonna be like 2017 where everything gets cancelled?

You mean 2019. 2017 was reasonably carried through apart from the Main Street Theatre. Even technically 2022 seems to be carried through, what little of it that was promised.

Though the best since 2017 isn't much of a qualifier, since we certainly are expecting it to be better than 19/22. As good as 2017 would be nice.

peng

Most of the stuff that people have found in the leak were either personal info of DCL people (not good, and its bad that it did get leaked) and a lot of stuff related to games (fortnite leakers have found a lot). There is WDI stuff there, but the slack that got leak is related to consumer products and interactive stuff (both games and streaming), WDI has its own separate slack system. I still think not directly sharing leaked stuff is good policy, as otherwise the disney legal team would nuke this site.

Tha Realest

Most of the stuff that people have found in the leak were either personal info of DCL people (not good, and its bad that it did get leaked) and a lot of stuff related to games (fortnite leakers have found a lot). There is WDI stuff there, but the slack that got leak is related to consumer products and interactive stuff (both games and streaming), WDI has its own separate slack system. I still think not directly sharing leaked stuff is good policy, as otherwise the disney legal team would nuke this site.
Why?

A few very well regarded posters on here had no trouble referring to the Sony “leak” information to support their various arguments. I think it’s morally wrong to do so, but that line was crossed already.

peng

Good luck to everyone who is doing the reservations, last time was a trashfire.
Today is the start of the panel reservation selection process! Here’s hoping that nobody ends up with just the Pixar ball giveaway.
I actually attempted to get the Pixar Ball via reservations last time, I didn't get it, though I did get one on the last day. Not going for it this year as I already have one, may get the pennant, but since its not an anniversary year, its probably going to be the one they handed out at other conventions/internally. Also not a fan that a lot of the interesting ones on the days I am at (character voices, goofy movie, etc) are on or overlap with the big showcases.

vikescaper

I actually attempted to get the Pixar Ball via reservations last time, I didn't get it, though I did get one on the last day. Not going for it this year as I already have one, may get the pennant, but since its not an anniversary year, its probably going to be the one they handed out at other conventions/internally. Also not a fan that a lot of the interesting ones on the days I am at (character voices, goofy movie, etc) are on or overlap with the big showcases.
I think I ended up with the Pixar ball in 2022 even though that wasn’t one of my selections. 2022 was a mess but we ended up getting into the panels we wanted to attend, even the Hall D23 ones, via the standby queue.

Disneyson

I’m a little mixed on this - instead of the big movie panel, choices are Goofy Movie, Hulu’s book-to-screen adaptations, Walt’s personal art, and the Disney Princess concert. For me the winner would normally be the Disney Princess concert, but I saw it last year. I’ve no major Goofy Movie or Hulu connections, but the personal art might be interesting.

I’d say the second day is much weaker, with two “watch parties”, which I don’t think are great value for your event ticket. My Saturday picks are definitely Magic Journeys, Zootopia, and animation costume design. The good thing is that there are a few Sherman Brothers panels, allowing a bit of choice.

The worst conflict by far, for me, is on Sunday, between Imagineering, the Sherman Brothers musical celebration, and the mystery Disney Entertainment panel, which I can only imagine will be an expansion of some announcement they will make at the Parks panel. My imagination leads me to believe that this one is going to be about designing character costumes or else a breakdown of an upcoming nighttime spectacular, likely WDW’s nighttime parade. Making a gamble on that is tricky!

Surferboy567

For me, on Friday I’m sticking to the 2 core panels I want to see and not going to make any selections for anything else.

On Saturday, I only have one core panel so I’m also loading up on other selections. 4 show floor, 1 talent central.

On Sunday, I again only have one core panel so loading up on other selections 3 show floor, 1 talent central.

If you want a specific reservation I sugguest not putting for anything else really on that day besides the thing you want to see. If you don’t get the reservation I already blocked that time off in my head for the standby.

Please also be mindful of the Honda Center and transit time if you are attending the larger presentations.

TrainsOfDisney

Anyone know if transfers are still possible? There are still tickets listed on stub hub - I wish Disney had an official resale site.

I don’t really want to take a gamble but I would like to attend and I am available those dates.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom