D23: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event—Coming to Anaheim Next August

Dranth

I don’t think it’s that niche. Maybe in the grand scheme of things, but out of Disney IP? But many recent additions have a much smaller audience (Tron anybody?).
It is.

Not that Tron isn't also but, unless google is mistaken, more people went to go see Tron Legacy in the theaters (roughly 50 million) vs. series wide Kingdom Hearts game sales (roughly 36 million).

Not that it matters much as they could make a great ride off of Kingdom Hearts if they wanted but it is a smaller starting group overall.

Brer Oswald

It is.

Not that Tron isn't also but, unless google is mistaken, more people went to go see Tron Legacy in the theaters (roughly 50 million) vs. series wide Kingdom Hearts game sales (roughly 36 million).

Not that it matters much as they could make a great ride off of Kingdom Hearts if they wanted but it is a smaller starting group overall.
The cost barrier to film and video game is completely different. So while Tron may have had more viewers, Kingdom Hearts has raked in more money. Also 60% of the characters are Disney characters people are familiar with.

FN2BFRE

You know, SSE is the biggest icon on that poster with the word Horizons just below it, maybe SSE is going to turn into Horizons 2.0 or CoP 3.0? I know I know, I am really stretching, but EC was a big part of my early teen years. In fact I had a ful size poster of the Epcot Center map over my bed when I was 11. View attachment 799816
I would really love to see some of that old inspirational rides exist in some form with today’s world.
I think it would be a neat idea to have a sort of Spaceship Earth: New Horizons, where the ascent scenes all get fixed up back to full working order, and the descent becomes basically a revived Horizons, showing possible futures. They could really even just reuse the different settings and scenes from Horizons (though I doubt they still have those in storage but hey!)

Moth

Is there really credibility to the rumor of Grizzly River Run getting Country Bear additions?
I feel if it happens it'd be more "flavoring" and a title change versus the addition of an AA.

Like, you'd hear Henry or Big Al over a speaker with songs as you go on the ride. I don't think they'd be doing AAs in a
•outside
•VERY wet
setting, and enclosing it would just increase the budget for what would just be window dressing.

Brer Oswald

I feel if it happens it'd be more "flavoring" and a title change versus the addition of an AA.

Like, you'd hear Henry or Big Al over a speaker with songs as you go on the ride. I don't think they'd be doing AAs in a
•outside
•VERY wet
setting, and enclosing it would just increase the budget for what would just be window dressing.
Could they do static/limited motion figures? They seem to like those (judging by how many were included on TBA).

Moth

Could they do static/limited motion figures? They seem to like those (judging by how many were included on TBA).
Possible? But they're bears, they'd have to be hairy, and hair, especially faux hair, wouldn't do well in an outside and wet environment getting constantly soaked.

They COULD put the bears in the slower parts of the ride around the beginning and end, especially in that barn (?) area, especially when your about to be going uphill.

zipadee999

•outside
•VERY wet
Either that or they could build enclosed areas for the animatronics. They could put some inside the cave and cover the rest under rustic-looking canopies. Or they could maybe only include Henry at the very beginning inside of the mill house on the lifthill acting as an announcer for our ‘race’ down the river and add Big Al in the cave, but keep everything else just to flavorings and some comical set dressings

Dranth

The cost barrier to film and video game is completely different. So while Tron may have had more viewers, Kingdom Hearts has raked in more money.
Sure, and games like Kingdom Hearts are 40-80 hours vs. 2 for a movie. So more time and more money, but still a smaller group of people who will know who characters like Sora or Riku are.

Also 60% of the characters are Disney characters people are familiar with.
Yes, but they can just make rides with those characters, they don't need KH to do it.

End of the day, as long as it was a good ride I don't think anyone would complain but it is a pretty small group overall when compared to other options they have.

TrainsOfDisney

I see people mentioning Signings? What's that about?
It’s getting books, posters, etc. signed. There are lots of unofficial signings as well at various merchandise booths.

Imagineers, Animators, Actors, Artists, Singers - you name it - they are there signing away!

Example - My first D23 I got a photo of the tower of terror signed by the voice actor who performs the voice of Rod on the ride.

Kev1982

Would love to go to one of these but never did untill now. Super excuted for parks panel but that fades away seeing its only 1,5 hours. Is t that a bit short seeing the expectations?

Tha Realest

Would love to go to one of these but never did untill now. Super excuted for parks panel but that fades away seeing its only 1,5 hours. Is t that a bit short seeing the expectations?
Given how exuberant some people already are about what’s expected to be announced, the commercials all tell us to call a physician if those symptoms last any longer than that.

BrianLo

Consistent runtime with every other year. It’s plenty of time to go harder like 2017 or announce next to nothing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom