D23: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event—Coming to Anaheim Next August

Sneakman

And Great Movie Ride was my favorite. I don’t play victim over it closing at any given opportunity I’m given
YES. splash mountain is my favorite Disney attraction of anything ever! Do I acknowledge it had its issues? YES! Do I miss it? Yes! Do I mention Tiana every time I have something I don’t like about the parks? No!

Brer Oswald

And Great Movie Ride was my favorite. I don’t play victim over it closing at any given opportunity I’m given
Dude, splash mountain is getting pushed out eventually, Disney doesn’t want it so they’re gonna get rid of it, it’s over dude
Y’all need to chill. I know that it’s (unfortunately) inevitable. But the absolute animosity that the company (not just the fanbase) has shown to the rides and its fans is next level. That’s not even debatable at this point. GMR or Horizons still get tributes every now and then. Disney is trying to gaslight everyone and pretend that the ride that was 10 times more iconic never existed. And there’s zero justification for it when they are parading around films and attractions that are more “problematic” than the singing bunny ride ever was. Full stop. End of discussion.

OptimusPrime

In the Parks
No
As much as I love the idea of removing PFT, this is a great spot for families with small girls who want to meet princesses. Not everything at the parks is for us, and that’s okay.

OptimusPrime

In the Parks
No
Y’all need to chill. I know that it’s (unfortunately) inevitable. But the absolute animosity that the company (not just the fanbase) has shown to the rides and its fans is next level. That’s not even debatable at this point. GMR or Horizons still get tributes every now and then. Disney is trying to gaslight everyone and pretend that the ride that was 10 times more iconic never existed. And there’s zero justification for it when they are parading around films and attractions that are more “problematic” than the singing bunny ride ever was. Full stop. End of discussion.
Regardless on your actual opinions on Splash and its subject material, do you think that in SpongeBob’s Year 2024, that Disney wants to have a ride that is based on a film so controversial that it stopped being released in the 80’s, and had protests even in its initial release in the 40’s?

Starship824

In the Parks
No
As much as I love the idea of removing PFT, this is a great spot for families with small girls who want to meet princesses. Not everything at the parks is for us, and that’s okay.
While I do agree families with small children do need things to do, I think it's easy to move that M&G space somewhere else. I the town square theater suggestion is a good compromise.

Sneakman

Regardless on your actual opinions on Splash and its subject material, do you think that in SpongeBob’s Year 2024, that Disney wants to have a ride that is based on a film so controversial that it stopped being released in the 80’s, and had protests even in its initial release in the 40’s?
Agreed. Man, discussion of this ride is some laughing place.

The Leader of the Club

OLC owns 51% or more of Tokyo Disneyland. Disney can kick and scream all they want. It's not up to them.
Disney can keep designing refurbs until there is something that OLC likes. Duffy seems like a slam-dunk given how crazy that crowd is for those bears. Give splash a “going away party” like they are for Space and make way for Duffy and friends.

aladdin2007

While I do agree families with small children do need things to do, I think it's easy to move that M&G space somewhere else. I the town square theater suggestion is a good compromise.
this, its criminal that space ( a ride show building ), was given over to that when it could have gone easily in other locations. Its tragic really that they keep taking things away like that. Was a major downgrade that happened and never should have. Booting snow white out was one thing, but it should have been another dark ride. Oh well maybe one day if anyone ever comes to their senses, not that those in charge even realize that use to be ride space anymore. :banghead:

montyz81

You know, SSE is the biggest icon on that poster with the word Horizons just below it, maybe SSE is going to turn into Horizons 2.0 or CoP 3.0? I know I know, I am really stretching, but EC was a big part of my early teen years. In fact I had a ful size poster of the Epcot Center map over my bed when I was 11.
1720824766868.jpeg

I would really love to see some of that old inspirational rides exist in some form with today’s world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom