D23: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event—Coming to Anaheim Next August

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I know this is primarily a WDW-based forum, but if stuff is announced for the other parks, let's try to hold off on the "Why does [insert the name of international resort] get all the cool stuff", especially as it sounds like the parks panel will be focusing a lot on WDW.

P.S. I wish the parks panel wasn't so late this year. I'm expecting the most DLP news we've ever had at a D23 Panel and the panel is on at 3AM UK time, and 4AM Paris time. (Art of Marvel hotel was the most we've had before in terms of announcements)
That shouldn't be an issue. Part of the whole $60B in capex was coupled with talk of each park getting new capacity. So, while that means 6 new things outside of WDW, WDW itself should be getting at least 4 new things.

Question is whether they're ready to announce specifically what those things are and for which parks.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Hey, maybe that’s a good thing. Do Wall Street types want to be seen slamming a fan con? Probably not. But when a project comes back up later, it can be presented as “Oh yeah remember we already talked about this,” vs. Disney is spending money!!!
50/50

On on hand…we NEVER want money types watching the book

On the other hand…when your oligarch “investor tech guy” only cares about those things…parks are just his money pack mules and he has no ego bump from them.

We have seen what we’ve seen…5 years of atrocious customer relations with Paris…testing limits that past management would never have dared.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That shouldn't be an issue. Part of the whole $60B in capex was coupled with talk of each park getting new capacity. So, while that means 6 new things outside of WDW, WDW itself should be getting at least 4 new things.

Question is whether they're ready to announce specifically what those things are and for which parks.
Absolutely zero guarantees of anything. Let’s keep our flippers grounded.

And 1 thing a park won’t help capacity at all. This has been their flaw for the last 15 years

How clever

celluloid

Nope

Olc isn’t stupid enough to replace something their public loves for crap that they can’t get any interest in.
They also don't need such a side step. They could do it, but the songs would be mostly prerecorded and they uabe plenty going on with new Space Mt, Fantasy Springs and The cruise line.
In the states, particularly MK in this case, is still starving as the quality dips and gets mediocrity.

mickEblu

TRUE.

I have a photo of someone going "they're gonna expand the MK railroad across the property" to keep me humble 😤😤😤😤.

Yeah I heard Duffy. imo it's whatever, a tokyo splash change is like Imagination 4, I'll believe it when I see it LMAOOOOO.

D23 is gonna be so good to weed out people in the grapevine... call it... weed cutting. 😈😈😈😈

Honestly, im gonna go tight lips about D23 until the night prior. I'll probably do something then.

Are you also tight lipped in DM's?

Dan Deesnee

Keep in mind that there IS a benefit to investors for Disney to use these d23 events to hype up their fan base and steel thunder from the competition. The timing is perfect for Disney to do just that.

One thing I'll say is, after following wdw for a very long time, do not let yourself be fooled or get over hyped by what they announce. They are going to show a shot at the absolute moon during this event. And I hate to say this but we'll be lucky if we get half of what they show or if what we get looks half is good is what they show.

Although Epic Universe is a game changer, and Disney might actually be forced to deliver on what they promise, for once...

MatheusPG

I'm slowly filling the mold of other leakers where they drop little crumbs... but all I've been told is really "the name was picked for a big and important reason", this is surely a carousel of emotions for me. I don't think I can progress this much further...
walt disney at epcot.jpg

Brer Oswald

TRUE.

I have a photo of someone going "they're gonna expand the MK railroad across the property" to keep me humble 😤😤😤😤.

Yeah I heard Duffy. imo it's whatever, a tokyo splash change is like Imagination 4, I'll believe it when I see it LMAOOOOO.

D23 is gonna be so good to weed out people in the grapevine... call it... weed cutting. 😈😈😈😈

Honestly, im gonna go tight lips about D23 until the night prior. I'll probably do something then.
Oh...well...sad. Can't say I'm surprised. Disney has a hate b*ner for that ride.

Edit: Was also on my prediction tweet:

Brer Oswald

Nope

Olc isn’t stupid enough to replace something their public loves for crap that they can’t get any interest in.
I think Disney is really trying to force them. There's evidence to suggest that they have prevented them from including the main characters on any merch or meet and greets. There are also rumours that Disney could play dirty by revoking rights to the soundtrack, or pulling rights for unrelated things as an ultimatum. I know for a fact OLC doesn't want to change it on their own accord.

Pathetic isn't it? The hills the Bob Iger company are willing to die on over a log ride.

JD80

I think Disney is really trying to force them. There's evidence to suggest that they have prevented them from including the main characters on any merch or meet and greets. There are also rumours that Disney could play dirty by revoking rights to the soundtrack, or pulling rights for unrelated things as an ultimatum. I know for a fact OLC doesn't want to change it on their own accord.

Pathetic isn't it? The hills the Bob Iger company are willing to die on over a log ride.

You seemed to create a whole identity around a log ride so I don't know whose hill is taller.

Brer Oswald

You seemed to create a whole identity around a log ride so I don't know whose hill is taller.
I'm a 20 something year old, and it was my favourite ride at my favourite place on Earth. It's a core memory for me growing up. These are 50-70 year old rich executives hellbent on erasing something they've likely never rode that hardly affects them in the grand scheme of things. You tell me whose hill is taller.

OptimusPrime

In the Parks
No
I'm a 20 something year old, and it was my favourite ride at my favourite place on Earth. It's a core memory for me growing up. These are 50-70 year old rich executives hellbent on erasing something they've likely never rode that hardly affects them in the grand scheme of things. You tell me whose hill is taller.
And Great Movie Ride was my favorite. I don’t play victim over it closing at any given opportunity I’m given

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom