D23: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event—Coming to Anaheim Next August

ChrisFL

Premium Member
No, "activation" is a marketing term used today. Basically, they mean there will be kiosks, displays or activities to connect the brand/product with consumers to increase awareness or excitement. Maybe they will give stuff away, character interactions, or some sort of performances.

I know...it's still cringey how it gets used though

Moth

Rumors are like opinions…everyone has got one and they’re usually not very intelligent
TRUE.

I have a photo of someone going "they're gonna expand the MK railroad across the property" to keep me humble 😤😤😤😤.

Duffy’s Drenching Drop

Coming 2026.
Yeah I heard Duffy. imo it's whatever, a tokyo splash change is like Imagination 4, I'll believe it when I see it LMAOOOOO.

D23 is gonna be so good to weed out people in the grapevine... call it... weed cutting. 😈😈😈😈

Honestly, im gonna go tight lips about D23 until the night prior. I'll probably do something then.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I am hoping they do something with the StarCruiser hotel too... Clear out some of the backstage offices by moving them into the Galactic Starcruiser to free up space for some meaningful expansion...
Hey, I forgot about the Starcruiser!

Maybe the tall rock work in the art means the Starcruiser and Josh can reveal the plans for that he teased.

Sneakman

TRUE.

I have a photo of someone going "they're gonna expand the MK railroad across the property" to keep me humble 😤😤😤😤.

Yeah I heard Duffy. imo it's whatever, a tokyo splash change is like Imagination 4, I'll believe it when I see it LMAOOOOO.

D23 is gonna be so good to weed out people in the grapevine... call it... weed cutting. 😈😈😈😈

Honestly, im gonna go tight lips about D23 until the night prior. I'll probably do something then.
Welcome to d23 season everyone! May god help us all.

Sneakman

“Professor without precisely knowing what’s at d23, or what the “horizons” name means, do you say it’s time for our viewers to crack open each others skulls and feast on the goo inside?”

Attachments

• IMG_2869.jpeg
    IMG_2869.jpeg
    37.8 KB · Views: 14

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Should be a fun month for sure.
I’m split on this…

On one hand…it makes total sense for them to make big public shows and promise the world…they NEED it from a business standpoint

On the other side of my maniac coin…it makes NO sense - based on there they are at and he turmoil…to spend a cent.

In the end (let me know if you’ve heard this before?) this is ultimately repercussions of a huge leadership/management crisis. They really can’t tell what they’re trying to do?
Ran out of runway and that was paved with luck for a LONG time

Sneakman

tbh I don’t care if we get any of the wild stuff rumored. If we get needed additions to mk and ak, aand at least one thing for Epcot I’ll be fine. Anything else is a plus. I just love d23 time because all the speculation is fun even if it’s wrong.

Gusey

I know this is primarily a WDW-based forum, but if stuff is announced for the other parks, let's try to hold off on the "Why does [insert the name of international resort] get all the cool stuff", especially as it sounds like the parks panel will be focusing a lot on WDW.

P.S. I wish the parks panel wasn't so late this year. I'm expecting the most DLP news we've ever had at a D23 Panel and the panel is on at 3AM UK time, and 4AM Paris time. (Art of Marvel hotel was the most we've had before in terms of announcements)

DisneyHead123

At the end of day…it’s a fan con

We used to try to convince ourselves “investors” are watching.

Not even close…it’s way below their pay grade.

Hey, maybe that’s a good thing. Do Wall Street types want to be seen slamming a fan con? Probably not. But when a project comes back up later, it can be presented as “Oh yeah remember we already talked about this,” vs. Disney is spending money!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom